• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to legends, return to UO

N

Nex Anima

Hi guys, first time- long time,

just popping in to do the old meet and greet. Got a few questions though...

whats the population mostly? high, med, low?

Had a run in with some griefers when i was in haven the usual lameness but on the flip side i also met a guild (cant think of the name ATM) which helped me out with a stimulus package (lol couldn't help it) a few hours later. But i guess my question would be whats the attitude of the mass pop?

and lastly I noticed on the statics page legends doesn't have much press, is there a said reason for this (IE: lack of legends events or reporters?)?

well thats about all i can think of for now...thnx in advance...

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, first time- long time,

just popping in to do the old meet and greet. Got a few questions though...

whats the population mostly? high, med, low?

Had a run in with some griefers when i was in haven the usual lameness but on the flip side i also met a guild (cant think of the name ATM) which helped me out with a stimulus package (lol couldn't help it) a few hours later. But i guess my question would be whats the attitude of the mass pop?

and lastly I noticed on the statics page legends doesn't have much press, is there a said reason for this (IE: lack of legends events or reporters?)?

well thats about all i can think of for now...thnx in advance...
First off let me say welcome back :thumbsup:
The population fluctuates alot from time to time but we are not the smallest but you should be able to do whatever it is you want to do in game without a long waiting period.
Griefers are part of any game such as this just ignore them and play your game.
Good to hear that you were helped out by someone shortly there after. Thats what makes this shard so great.
The reporter is Lady Devilsown... she is usually found in ghost form at a spawn near you :D Please rezz and point back to the nearest town if you would she seems to get dazed and confused from those tragic events but we love her all the same ;)
I am sure more folks will jump in here and offer help or advice so with that have a great time on Legends.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Legends and back to UO!

You'll find that there are a lot of people willing to help a new/returning player and some of the most helpful are in the ELV alliance (ELV, H^A, FSB and others!).

If you have very recently returned you may be unaware that the EM program has been reinstalled and on Legends we have EM Tashik and EM Helios. Current projects are the Awards Hall, the Faire Grounds and an arena in Fel for pvp tournaments. We are generally given notification of events by a shield in the Counselor's Hall (near the entrance to Blackthorn's Castle in Brit) and a lantern or shield on the roof of the east entrance to Luna bank.

Legends is smaller than some but what we lack in numbers we make up for in heart. I imagine that you'll find cooperation and support on other shards, too, but around here you won't need to hunt it down, it surrounds you on every adventure even if the names you see are not familiar.

and lastly, a small correction to my good friend, Lord Cuda.... it's my sister Ynise that dies all the time! I am at home either sewing or scribbling notes for the newspaper while she is out galavanting around in dangerous situations! I do thank you for watching out for her, but honestly, doesn't it get tiresome? ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I moved here a few years ago from Atlantic, and stayed.
Sorry you already met the griefers, there are a few bad apples in everything, but you will find the Legends players to be top notch in most respects.
As for the population, it's just about right! You can always find help when ya need it, but you don't get trampled at the champ spawns (Ilsh anyway, Fel is a different story :p) and don't have to stand in line anywhere.
Good Luck, and see ya ingame!

G

Green Meanie

I too moved here from atl about 1.5 years ago. Over all this shard has a small popluation but not the smallest. If your in to pvm you never have a long wait to do something becouse of over crowding and theres always a few willing to join anything that you need a group to do. From the pvp stand point theres no 50 man gank swads waiting around every corner making possible to be a solo pvp (still not easy). Its also less likly that your 6 man guild will be pushed by 20 reds. If i was still as active in UO as 4-5 uears ago legends would be to slow for me but as it is Legends fits the bill

N

Nex Anima

Thnx for all your replies guys, soon my charater will be ready to bring out on the field...hope to see ya around ;)