• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to factions and have a question

E

Elle

I have a scenario for you. I had some friends over to my house who are in opposing factions. Myself and one person were shooting each other with magic arrows. Then the other friend who is in the same faction as friend 1 start fighting. Friend 2 kills friend 1. I get a point and silver. Is that normal even though I wasn't currently fighting friend 1 for him to go in stat and lose a point? He's all butt hurt cuz he said I put him in stat loss. But I wasn't attacking when he was fighting the other guy. Maybe this makes no sense. So I guess the question is since I was still flagged to him is that why he got statted?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could have been part of the fix they were talking about putting in one of the last patches to stop people from avoiding stat loss by killing themselves with trapped boxes. Didn't really read up to see what their solution was, but it would make sense that the last opposing faction member to do damage would get the points and silver as well as put the person in stat if they kill themselves or if someone from the same faction kills them. Just a theory which you could test by doing some damage to your friend, invis, and then have your other friend kill friend 1 before he heals or you unflag and see if he goes into stat.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
id say either you got in the kill shot with your magic arrow or you did enough damage to him to toggle it as a faction fight and put him into stat even if you didnt get the kill shot.

same thing happens but in reverse some times when your pvping at the gate.

ya get like 5 guys chasing ya using moving shot.
a couple are in factions and a couple arnt.

you die but dont go into stat.

so either the faction guys didnt do enough damage or they didnt get the kill shot.

i know (and i know this is bad) i made a stealth archer on a buisy shard, and all i do is stealth around and wait for faction toons to run by me low in health and i kill shot them.

i know i know, im goning to hell.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i know (and i know this is bad) i made a stealth archer on a buisy shard, and all i do is stealth around and wait for faction toons to run by me low in health and i kill shot them.

i know i know, im goning to hell.
i laughed.