• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to crafting, looking for weapon advice.

Tarheelz

Visitor
I understand the basics of crafting, but I'm looking for some specific advice so I don't waste too many resources. I want to work on making two different types of weapons. I'm looking to make a double axe for a sampire as well as a bow for an ABC archer. I've read a bunch of varying information and I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all.
My main questions are:
What materials to make the initial craft from and what type of tools to use? Do you use iron/wood and just craft an exceptional weapon to start, or should I use a specific metal/wood and a specific runic to begin? Then from there, what is the best path to take to get what is needed on the weapons (mana leech, sis, etc...)

Thanks

papazorn

Visitor
For your double axe, start with either exceptional crafted iron or vendor. Vendor is cheaper since you don't need to use a whetstone to remove the damage increase (DI) property but has fewer imbue points. If you need the DI then stick with the exceptionally crafted iron axe.

Next get a shadow/dull copper runic hammer, set it to powerful and Inspired exquisite/of quality and hammer away. Hopefully you'll get a few 100% ELE weapons. If you get 70% cold damage, enhance it with agapite to make it 100%. Enhance with bronze to make 70% fire damage to 100%. 70% poison/energy can't be increased to 100% thru enhancement.

Next step is to use Powder of Fortifying. Do this before you imbue. You CANNOT fortify after you imbue.

As for which path to take for your axe, mana leech, stamina leech and slayer is the most important. Last properties is up to preference, I like hit lower defense and attack.

Last edited:

Tarheelz

Visitor
Thanks for that. Is it better to always go for a 100% elemental weapon over physical? Also, if you do the 100% elemental route, are you able to get 100% mana leech also or is it not needed so much?

Do bows follow the same basic method then? Craft normal wood then follow the steps?

papazorn

Visitor
Thanks for that. Is it better to always go for a 100% elemental weapon over physical? Also, if you do the 100% elemental route, are you able to get 100% mana leech also or is it not needed so much?
Yes for double axes, otherwise you won't leech enough mana to spam double strike. You'll need to make multiple axes to be effective. I've never tried getting 100% mana leech with 100% elemental, but 81% mana leech is sufficient provided you leech back enough

As for bow, I can't help you much since I don't have a fletcher. But IIRC, the steps are craft with regular wood, PoF, Imbue, then enhance with ash for the extra SSI.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As for which path to take for your axe, mana leech, stamina leech and slayer is the most important. Last properties is up to preference, I like hit lower defense and attack.
As a Sampire there are only a few circumstances I want hit lower attack on my weapon like Rikktor for example. You want to get hit so parry and bushido have a greater chance of triggering. In my opinion avoid putting hit lower attack on your weapon unless it's for a specific encounter.