• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Theme - Blue Steel!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ron Bron submitted a new Article:

New Theme - Blue Steel!

As discussed in my previous article, we implemented a new theme in order to bring our Site up to date, ensure it continues working as we update the software, reorganize things for easier navigation, and move toward a better user interface. Now that theme is here and it is called, Blue Steel (compliments to Zoolander).

Blue Steel is the default theme for all forum guests and registered users. Registered users have the option to continue using UO Classic, but I will warn you that UO Classic is depricated and will not likely survive future forum upgrades and will not have all the same features available as Blue Steel.

The new theme has a...
Read more about this article here...

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Pls stop forcefully changing the way we view this website. If I wanted to use the new theme, I would go into my preferences and select it, like I am doing now to change it back... Oh wait, we no longer have the option to use the old theme. Only "UO Classic" which is an awful mesh of bright colors, punishing anyone with a sensitivity to bright lights, and this new and equally abhorrent theme, which makes objects look for too spaced apart from one another, as if a chameleon had created it.

Please bring back the previously used "Dark theme" or whatever it's called... I prefer calling it "The theme that doesn't make me feel like I'm being skull ****ed by a 10,000 watt spot light."

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Pls stop forcefully changing the way we view this website. If I wanted to use the new theme, I would go into my preferences and select it, like I am doing now to change it back... Oh wait, we no longer have the option to use the old theme. Only "UO Classic" which is an awful mesh of bright colors, punishing anyone with a sensitivity to bright lights, and this new and equally abhorrent theme, which makes objects look for too spaced apart from one another, as if a chameleon had created it.

Please bring back the previously used "Dark theme" or whatever it's called... I prefer calling it "The theme that doesn't make me feel like I'm being skull ****ed by a 10,000 watt spot light."
This is the updated version of the "Dark Theme" by it's author, the only major change that was made was adding the dark blue background.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very laggy. Hope that settles down.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL That Zoolander pic though... and the My Little Ponies thing was awesome. Anyways... loving the site again. The new moderators are very good.

:postcount:
I think the pony thing is funny as well, though I'm going to have to think up more stuff we can do for during down times to mix it up a bit.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ron, when you click into a thread we are no longer seeing the thread title at the individual post level for our shard forums. Could you see about fixing that for us?

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ron, when you click into a thread we are no longer seeing the thread title at the individual post level for our shard forums. Could you see about fixing that for us?
Are you referring to the breadcrumb? Could you give me a screenshot of the feature you are referring to using UO Classic? Thanks!

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Could we select our own background then?
Right now everyone can choose between UO Classic and Blue Steel. Premium members can change font color and style and background texture. This week we will introduce some UO specific backgrounds that premium members can also select from.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are you referring to the breadcrumb? Could you give me a screenshot of the feature you are referring to using UO Classic? Thanks!
She's talking about this.

losttitle.png

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Let me see what can be done. I feel like there is a way to get that back, but I can't remember it right now.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry to say, but I am somewhat less than impressed with the progress stratics has gone through in the last couple of months. It's getting more and more bloated and sluggish (*), cluttered with irritating news and info frames, a rather bumpy navigation and a very debatable choice of color theme.

Maybe I have to get used to this altered navigation first, but having a clear thread title and full forum path in the top region of a thread (like some have already requested above) could be helpful. I would also appreciate having the Forum Tabs back. Colorwise, any Theme with neutral colors (grey, black) would perfectly contrast the colors in avatars and signatures, and would avoid this "rainbow patchwork" impression I got right now.

(*) For the loading times:
For example, directly opening uhall (my primary bookmark for stratics, not cached, not logged in = no sigs), takes me about 20s to fully load the page, with over 100 requests, and over 3.5MB of data. Cutting that down by disabling all the useless requests (at least for me useless...) to facebook, twitter, steam, google+, all sort of google feedback and of course all ad servers (by a DNS whitelist only allowing stratics.com, not an adblocker plugin!), the loading time comes down to around 2 to 3 seconds, although I now get the "adblocker aware" nag frame. No offense, but for the moment, I prefer to see the adblocker nag... ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its weird Ron because it shows up at the top of announcements and stickies.... like THIS thread... if you look at the top. So its definitely there... just not visible somehow.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Its weird Ron because it shows up at the top of announcements and stickies.... like THIS thread... if you look at the top. So its definitely there... just not visible somehow.
I think it is fixed now. It was apparently a bug in the add-on that was just patched, so I updated the add-on and now it looks like it is working.