• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Tamable: Frost Drake

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Given the narrow swing betweeen minimum and maximum hits and strength i've been searching more for 180 to 182 dex and fine tuning the search with hits and strength from there.
i should give that calculator a go if frost drakes have been added

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most I've lore are around 50-60s. Their max intensity cap may be a bit below their in theory max intensity cap. Something that is hard to prove. Their in theory max intensity range is only 350 which is rather small.

Keeping them alive to tame seems to be the hard part for many right now. Had an alliance-mates dog chase me two screens away to kill my freshly tamed drake.
I think the really hard part is finding a 180+ dex with an intensity rating above 70%!

Best i've found so far.. Scored in at 68%
Best drake base stats.jpg Best drake resists.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I even calculate the lower dex ones.

The platinum and crimson are also hard to find in the high 70s 80s. I don't have the patience to kill more than 30.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since the swing between the minimums and maximums aren't that great (compaired to Cu's HP anyways), Do you think a lower rated drake would be able to build the same templates as a higher rated drake?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Since the swing between the minimums and maximums aren't that great (compaired to Cu's HP anyways), Do you think a lower rated drake would be able to build the same templates as a higher rated drake?
Probably. I've trained 4 crimson drakes to 5 slots, I got AI/Chiv on them all and all to 600 HP/500 Mana. Some had slightly more mana and that was the only difference.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Event is super fun. Catching a Krampus when there aren't many people around to kill him is a great time to tame wayward drakes that spawn and slaughter my poor, innocent Trammie friends. Just finished up a recent one; had no reliable tank. EV's were flying everywhere and someone brought a Frost Dragon to the party, so things took a while. haha

I was able to tame about 6 drakes off of the poor hapless souls getting mauled, buying time to let the army whittle down at the destardly Krampus terrorzing all the frantic mages. When the dust cleared and Krampus didn't drop anything decent for me, except a coin purse full of gems, I went home to the Modest Damsel tavern at New Magincia and sorted through my new shinies.

And then I found this:

Hi-stat Frost Drake 2018.png Hi-stat Frost Drake Resists 2018.png Frost Drake Intensity Rating 2018.png

So, not every treasure fits neatly into a dusty old pale-ghost satchel. My first high scoring Drake of the season. Good times had by all!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think The Piper might be weak to cold/energy also, now that I think about it. I'll keep mine and slap AI/Chiv on him.
I think so too, last time I did Piper was with 100% cold bladed staff, and it went ok, soloing it with sampie..( I was also able to convince my PKers it was better to let me finish spawn, protect, and enjoy extra PS for themselves..it worked ok - I know unrelated issue, sry).

GeneralFlogger

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I got lucky and tamed 5 of these on one run 2 at a time, after Krampus dies and everyone is looting you can run in a wider radius and find some that have spawned further out or wandered off, I pulled 3 of them away, tamed 2 on a ethy then marked rune and came back for the last one and found 2 more after everyone left. I got at least 1 with 182 dex which is highest I've seen on them so far.