• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Store Mailboxes

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decorative Mailbox... 2 designs.

I logged in and got the little annoying sales window for the UO store... a new mailbox.

They are kind of cute... but brown, hard to see... unlike the traditional metal mailbox we've had for years. Great for being able to drop packages and book-written messages to friends, without being friended. I can only assume these are the same... just different looking. The barrel one is kind of cute. Very "Hobbit". :) The other is a squirrel... aka "Tree Rat". hehe.

4$ USD.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need like 20 of those squirrel mailboxes
Ok. :) I need to know. Why do you need 20 of them?

I wouldnt mind having a look at the Squirrel one... but I would much rather have the barrel one... but its not befitting my house designs or style. I "could" do something more wild... but the bigger issue, 1 normal mailbox serves a town of 6 at this time. hehe

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think they got me with this one. Squirrel!

Screenshot (110).png

I'd like to add that I think that this is EXACTLY how the store should operate. You can get the functionality of a mailbox ingame, and have been able to for years. But for the VANITY version (and one actually worth buying) you have to buy in the store. Well done.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

View attachment 91941

I'd like to add that I think that this is EXACTLY how the store should operate. You can get the functionality of a mailbox ingame, and have been able to for years. But for the VANITY version (and one actually worth buying) you have to buy in the store. Well done.
I have to ask, does it alert you with a pop up flag like the OLD ones when people drop items in it??

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

View attachment 91941

Yeah I agree, but 400 sovereigns is a gouge...these should be 100.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have to ask, does it alert you with a pop up flag like the OLD ones when people drop items in it??
The tail goes up and down. I'm not sure it works quite the same because I was using the character that placed it. I'll try to test this weekend if I get a chance.

Yeah I agree, but 400 sovereigns is a gouge...these should be 100.
It's a little steep, but since it's 100% vanity and the functionality is easily obtained in game (and it doesn't substitute for or circumvent content like the Blackthorn points), I'm okay with it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you drop stuff inside one if the house with the mailbox is private?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No worse than some of the mounts they come out with. But there is a high level of detail to the art. I am looking forward to what else is to come with the new artist.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the squirrel is a touch large. But for the most part the current artist really gets it much better than the past ones.
Many newer and some older things are FAR too large... I mean that rockinghorse we got for xmas a while back is enormous..

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Many newer and some older things are FAR too large... I mean that rockinghorse we got for xmas a while back is enormous..
Coffee pot. Amaryllis. Eek.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Coffee pot. Amaryllis. Eek.
The Amaryllis is obviously not made by the new artist.. and the one who made it should be flogged for the brown plastic that is in the pot when they so clearly could have used actual "dirt" in the pot... and put a few more leaves or something in it... very fugly...

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very happy with the new mailboxes. The modern looking one did not fit into the old tavern style theme I have.
My vineyard now have a barrel mailbox.