• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Smithing Guides?

K

Kenzo_ATL

Ive noticed alot of the guides in general posted on these forums are dated as far back as 2004. I know for a fact the smithing guide FAQ is completely outdated. Does anyone know of a good route from say 50 skill-120?

Currently I started from 85 an hour ago and have been making both platemail gorgets and gloves. Skill is at 90.3. Ive heard that circlets are good to about 100ish then move to royal circlets to Lengendary. Any help would be greatly apperciated!

K

Kenzo_ATL

Well after my last post I had been smithing for well over 10+ hours. Skill is now up to 105.7. Shortly after hitting 91 I went straight to Royal circlets but gains are starting to slow way way down. Have gone thru maybe 15k ingots (been recycling with 90 mining)

Gonna try some SE pieces if I dont gain a lil more in an hour or so.

I

imported_Kallie Pigeon

I think most of us haven't made a new smith recently.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd suggest you stick to Royal Circlets. The gains do slow down alot post 100, but it's alot easier to accept when it's only 6 ingots per attempt.

K

Kenzo_ATL

Yea figured as much. Sitting at 108.4 after about 5 more hours. Figuring maybe another 20+ hours to hit 120 at this rate.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look on the last pages of the Legendery Smith Gain Log, it's all about royal circlets.