• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] New seer dye event?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Izumo if you go through brit/haven bank and take a gate you will see special seer/ancient elementals which do the same thing as slimes. Not sure if colors change.

F

feath

i totally missed the last one. how does it work? how do you dye the items?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and the point is..........
some people, like myself, like to know when cool events are going on on the asian shards. they still have seer and volunteer programs & they do a LOT of events that are really fun to check out - the AoS slime event was one of the funnest UO things i've ever done. it's hard getting notice about such events, and the UO official japanese page isn't very english friendly, even using a translator.

after the tip from Tomas i created a new char on Izumo and had a lot of fun last night running around the event area and dying stuff with the weird elementals. i think the event was a one-day only thing, but it was fun to check it out. thank you Tomas for letting us know!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To inform those that wouldn't have known otherwise...?

I meant what does the cloth do?? why is it special?? is it worth like 2 transfer tokens to bring back some of this cloth to a western shard???

Oh and sorry but quite simply i find rare enough time to play one shard never mind muliple shards due to real life..

C

Ceridwen

Who said others don't have a real life? *laughs* Don't quite understand why you're assuming everyone has to have skilled chars on several shards - none needed for this event at all. :)

Personally, I wouldn't say it's really worth it since the cloth isn't as "special" as the other was. Created a new char on Izumo to take a look at it - worth a look (makes me wish we had such nice decorations... especially at WBB *drools*), but won't be transferring for the cloth.

F

feath

i get through the gate, but can't find the elementals. which way you go?

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant what does the cloth do?? why is it special?? is it worth like 2 transfer tokens to bring back some of this cloth to a western shard???

Oh and sorry but quite simply i find rare enough time to play one shard never mind muliple shards due to real life..
Ah, thanks for the clarification THP, at first it sounded like you meant the point of tomas's post...
i would guess that no, this event it's not worth transferring for. the AoS event was, since it ran for a few weeks and you could theoretically get all 24 AoS colors. i only found out about that event 2 days before it was over, but still had a blast. but this event, it seems there's only 2 colors (light green and dark green). i haven't seen any other elementals, if anyone has please let me know!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
By any chance, did you check to see if the colors matched Ranger Green or Ilshenar Green? As the maintainer of the new craftsman forum FAQs, I really need to know for the guide to rare colors.

F

feath

By any chance, did you check to see if the colors matched Ranger Green or Ilshenar Green? As the maintainer of the new craftsman forum FAQs, I really need to know for the guide to rare colors.
the two greens...
hope there's other colors :(

Attachments

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone with the requisite knowledge in pixel sampling check this against rare greens?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be very nice if someone can translate the book "Seer Fair 2008" that is locked down in the display case. I am very curious as to what it says.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone with the requisite knowledge in pixel sampling check this against rare greens?
Basara, I have my character over there with the clothing, and you're more than welcome to the items to do your own tests :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kay, that was a little too much fun.... the place with the odd pond (pictures on Tomas' link) is in Nujelm, and the odd little pond is reflecting the moons of Sosaria and the water is hot, those columns are steam rising from it... just west of there is a lifeguard tower... now I can see you're wondering why they might need such... well, it seems that you can enter the water on a little stretch of shorefront there

very pretty colors this time around, and I dyed my death robe from my last visit there ;)