• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Second Life 2.0 Viewer

• Thread starter Katheryne
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

What is your overall opinion of the new Viewer 2.0?

• MUCH better than the legacy viewer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat better than the legacy viewer.

• Neither better nor worse than the legacy viewer.

• Somewhat worse than the legacy viewer.

• MUCH worse than the legacy viewer.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I have not yet tried the new viewer.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

Katheryne

Unless you have been living in a cave and have not logged onto SL within the past couple of weeks, you are undoubtedly aware that the official Second Life Viewer has been completely redesigned, is now in open beta testing, and is available for everyone to download and install.

Have you had a chance to try out the new viewer yet? If so, what are your opinions of the new viewer? If you have not yet tried it, what has stopped you from trying?

Please discuss.

A

ajdown@jp

I don't like it one little bit.

It "dumbs down" the whole user experience as far as I'm concerned, making it nowhere near as simple as I found the 'original' SL viewer, and of course making it much harder for those of us who create content to actually get things done.

It's change for change sake, like many of the so-called "improvements" Linden Lab have forced upon us.

I'd much rather they fixed some of the many ongoing issues rather than just creating new bugs.