• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New (Role)Player

Nesaria

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello! I'm sure you get this a lot, but I'm a new to Ultima Online. I'm primarily a roleplayer and decided to try UO because I hear that RP still happens here (I've found that "sandbox" style games are more conducive to RP). I also read that Atlantic is the most active shard.

I've tried to play UO a few times before, but usually end up discouraged because I have no idea what I'm doing and can't find any players or events. I thought that posting here might remedy the situation this time around. So, if anyone would be able/willing to help a new player, I'd be very grateful. I'd also love if someone could help me get involved with the roleplay community here.

I've been mostly in New Haven so far working on my skills. I'm doing the free trial currently, but if I can actually learn the game and meet some people, I'm planning to buy the full game.

Thanks~!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I might suggest. Try Catskills, there is an rp community there. A few of the other shards have some small communities as well. Atlantic did once, but I don't think very many are active.

An' welcome to UO *smiles*

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you want to do some RP on Atlantic, you can get involved with the governor's program and monthly King's meetings. Some of the other governors also do a 'tavern night' once or twice a week, where they will set up shop somewhere public (i.e., Brit Bank, Haven Bank, New Mag Docs) and interact with others will giving out some food and beer.

If you're looking for a larger group to play with on Atlantic... UWF is always recruiting and would be glad to have you. We have plenty of help to offer to new players, including our own internal forum, Discord voice channel, etc.

Good luck with your travels!

jhmills1981

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you are looking for someone to roleplay with on Atlantic, I'd love to. I sent you a message here with more info.