• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New rockslide at Navery

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I ain't one to holler nerf this or nerf that. But when you have something that will take a higher level critter from full health to redlined?? Come on, thats just utterly stupid. Hope they tweak this soon.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Someone complained and this is the "fix".
We need more discussions and less undiscussed "fixes".

The rocks should have been left alone in the first place.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Someone complained and this is the "fix".
Agreed. They took her from full life to 1200 hp's. Talk about lame. Kills the loyalty points big time which in turn kills the chance for the drop I would assume. Only one person got looting rights out of 4 of us.

A

A Rev

That is silly, i had no problem with the way the rocks where working.

when they actually worked that is. I actually liked it, it meant it was possible but not easy to solo her on a wrestle scribe mage!

O

Old Man of UO

How is the rockslide triggered? I've been the victim of it, but don't know how to start it.

Y

Yen Sid

There is a rock on each stone tower thing that can be clicked, they all have to be actived at the same time for it to go off. If your on a mount you can do it alone. Each one has a different timer so you just find the one that lasts the longest and then the next longest and then the shortest. Its easy to avoid, just stay a screen or so away from Navrey and you shouldn't get hit.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And more importantly, is it easy to avoid being crushed yourself?

If you get caught in it now it's instadeath no matter what. I was full 70's and still got hit for a total of about 4,000 hp's before I stopped watching the red fly above my head.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not even made it to the general vicinity of Navery. Once you trigger the rock slide is it guaranteed to hit her? Meaning, if I trigger it then run like hell to avoid it myself, she'll get hit even if she tries to chase me down? Or does she need to be lured into it?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole nerf is a joke, but as usual in SIMS® Trammel UO everything will be nerfed as long as a handful of people complains.

The original rockslide did not really cause any harm to anybody, and it was a nice effect to damage Navrey a bit more without killing her. Now a single rockslide bring her down to 10% health and I can kill her with a couple of flame strikes (I'm sure this is an unintended bug), and you can stand right next to her without being hit by the rocks. Makes the whole rock thing pretty obsolete if you ask me.

G

GL-Player

Also, if you discord Navrey right when rocks start,it insta-kills her.

Plus, its not giving looting right after rocks drop sometimes. Once when 2 ppl drops rocks, it was red-lined and the 3 of us finished her off. I was only one not to gets rights. Its pretty screwed up now.

G

GreyNoob

perhaps this is shard specific? Or I'm doing something different? One rockslide when I do it takes about 20% of her life. It took 3 rockslides and a lot of flamestrikes (at 220+ per FS) to kill her... as of 8/10/10, did something patch maybe?

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole rock falling thing seems a bit silly anyways. Would you live in a house where if someone rang your door bell your ceiling fell in on your head? I wouldn't.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gray they fixed this, it now works like its supposed to, the rocks do half the damage they used to per hit and less hits so its about a quarter of her hp in one rock drop. for about a week it was around 90% of her hp in one drop, which was insane and caused quite a few Tangles to start popping up.

O

Old Man of UO

I would ALWAYS get netted just before someone would run off and trigger the rock slide. Can't move or cast then dead. What's a dexxer to do?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used the rocks on Narvey over 15 times and NEVER was she damaged more than 20%

I dfo not know what some of you are doing to kill her? rom full health sorry but I am calling BS on that.

As for what the rocks do now is a much Smaller hit area, I would say about 4 tiles instead of like the 10 it was before.

And yes if oyu are follish enough to stand there when the roof falls and / or perhaps get webbed sorry your Toast.

I have used the rocks and my tamers / mage / SW to solor her now 2 times and have used the rocks 3 times during the baatle to take her down, and yes they ended up killing her but i still got all the looting and gargoyle fame earned.

I wish they never focused her damage more I thing falling rocks should hit a larger area.:gee:

:grouphug:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole rock falling thing seems a bit silly anyways. Would you live in a house where if someone rang your door bell your ceiling fell in on your head? I wouldn't.
stop making fun of me!