• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] New Request (I have no idea how hard this would be)

D

DHMagicMan_1

Throw this out if it's a lot of work...

I'd LOVE to be able to dye empty or "Dirt Filled" plant bowls with a Furny Die tub...

I am commonly growing 100 plants or more and usually not more than 10 or so are in Fertile Dirt... It would be SO NICE if I could dye the bowls that I use fertile dirt on so I could tell at a glance that that's what they have... (or if the description when you mouse over said "a bowl of hard fertile dirt"

I don't know how hard this would be to set up, but if you need unique IDs for each "Dyeable Item" with a Furny Tub, then I'm thinking 5... Empty Bowl... Bowl of Hard Dirt (normal)... Bowl of Soft Dirt (normal)... Bowl of Hard Dirt (fertile)... Bowl of Soft Dirt (fertile)... if you got to "Squishy or Sopping" you could refuse to dye it because to be used the person would probably need to empty to reuse anyway...

I'm thinking that once a seed of any type was planted, the bowl is part of the "Plant" and not dyable any more... it's part of the living plant... plus there's more than 600+ identifiable objects if you go through every individual plant at each stage and try to define every one of them...

The only thing is if you dyed the plant bowl prior to planting the seed, could it keep the dyed hue through "Popping"? It doesn't need to look dyed in the gump... only when you are looking at the objects in the backpack.

Let me know what you think about how easy/hard this would be to set up and how helpfull it would be to gardeners besides me.

Thanks.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Oh, and by the way, I do understand growing in bags and pouches to separate appropriate groups, and also using books as labels... but when you are growing 100+ at a time and grouping by type or by when they were planted or what monster they were found on etc... you don't want to regroup within that just for 3 more that were Fertile Dirt. :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would love to be able to tell those fertile dirt filled bowls from the normal ones! How about making them so you get the fertile dirt back if you empty those labeled and colored bowls? Sounds like a whole lot of coding work with a Furny tub being there are so many possible colors. Maybe the special dye tub could be used instead? Or...maybe carpenters could craft pre-colored wooden plant bowls from the rare woods that retained their color while in the seedling state.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Anything to tell the difference? "Engraving Tool or Automatic Engraving that says planted with Firtile Dirt"

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the (presumably) easy end of things - adding in a "fertile" dirt tag shouldn't be too hard. After all the plant has to know it's in fertile dirt, so surely it could say so? (one would hope anyway) - so when planted you'd see "a bowl of hard fertile dirt", etc

on the harder end of things - dyable bowls would be so cool, but i have a feeling wouldn't quite work like they should. They'd probably have to have new art or the whole thing would dye one color (including the dirt/leaves in the bowl) - especially since they now already use existing graphics - pewter bowl for empty, a bowl of potatoes for dirt (i believe), and a bowl of peas for the leafy stage.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I'm not really to concerned about the eye candy part of it... although it would be fun... I'd just really like to KNOW for sure which bowls have FD and which dont...

B

Beastmaster

Might be more feasible to just require the use of wooden bowls for fertile dirt. Always wondered why we couldn't use those anyway.