• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New recipie scrolls ??

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The recipe drop rate might be just a tad slow.

I have spent the last few weeks training a new cu sidhe in Eodon.
We have killed enough villagers to make me a genocidal war criminal and so many tigers PETA has me on a hit list.

I kill every creature we come across and so far I have gotten only two drops.
One drop from an Ostard and one from a Vampire Bat
** Sigh ** Both drops were for the tiger pelt chest.

I also received two pieces of Aloron's armor .....yep, both of them were chest pieces also.
So that's four total drops for your time investment (armor/recipes seem to be in the same Eodon wide "artifact" drop system). Depending on how many critters you killed (and their difficulty - if that factors in), that may not be bad.

All of the patch notes mention that luck plays a factor in drops. What is your luck at?

I am averaging about 1 drop (recipe/aloron's) for every two turtle spawns (about 1 hour each) with ~2000 luck. So, about 1 drop for every two hours of play, with play consisting of almost constant killing of critters. Most drops have come from the first two levels of the spawn. Like you, I have also killed a bunch of non-turtle spawn, tigers, tribals, etc., using my same character and luck, but haven't gotten a single artifact that way. I'm tempted to believe the number of critters killed has greater weight in calculating drop chance than the difficulty of the critter, but I'm not willing to put in the time to test it at this point. Watching people run around like idiots at the turtle spawn is just too much fun.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did okay on drop rate at first, 500 luck. Now not one in over 7 hours, not 7 in a row. Something changed for me. I am killing the same things. :(

I have an Aloron helm to trade for a collar on Atlantic.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did okay on drop rate at first, 500 luck. Now not one in over 7 hours, not 7 in a row. Something changed for me. I am killing the same things. :(

I have an Aloron helm to trade for a collar on Atlantic.
What was your drop rate per hour with 500 luck?

If you're killing the same things, with the same luck, what is it you're killing and are you killing them at the same rate you were before?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did not count how many hours I used but I can find out, if I count how many tiger pelt I get in an hour and then how long it would take me to kill the 300 I had killed so far. I have 500+ luck, some of the hours more from the statue. I had only got one recipe so far, I don't care about the Aloron's armor, as it is useless for me, unless I can sell it to a collector.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By my count there are 7 new recipes for clothes and 8 new recipes for Tiger armor for a total of 15 recipes (So far. The dragon turtle armor has yet to be added). However, Aloron's armor appears to come in the same variety as the Tiger armor, so that would be 8 more pieces added to this same "drop" system.

In total that would be 23 new "drops" that are available in Eodon (7 + 8 + 8). (Again not counting dragon turtle armor)

I'm using ~2000 luck, almost literally the midpoint on the luck scale. Averaging 1 "drop" every two hours, it should only take ~48 hours to collect all the recipes (exhausting the entire amount of this portion of the new game content - to my eye that seems about an average consumption rate for a video game). So far I have collected 9 recipes (6 unique, 3 doubles) and 3 pieces of armor, just on the two lower tiers of the Dragon Turtle champ spawn, in a total playtime of probably around, but less than, 24 hours.

Honestly, I would say bump your luck, and see if your drop rate changes.

Also, I would suspect that since these recipes drop for everyone throughout all of Eodon, the market will be saturated with them shortly. (At least these are a lower drop rate than the Harpsichord scrolls in Ter Mur, where people are complaining about turning them off!)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, I would suspect that since these recipes drop for everyone throughout all of Eodon, the market will be saturated with them shortly. (At least these are a lower drop rate than the Harpsichord scrolls in Ter Mur, where people are complaining about turning them off!)
I have a feeling on siege it will be years before someone can make a full set of tiger armor. :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a feeling on siege it will be years before someone can make a full set of tiger armor. :/
I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. It's not like all want to run around in Tiger armor and the new clothes. There is no special mods on it so it is mostly about the look, it's not game stopping, that you can't have it or make it.
Sure it annoy me, they are so hard to get but it will forever give players a reason to hunt in Eodon to get this recipes as we always will get new tailors, who want to get them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 3 recipes for the tiger suit right now. The Helm, Long Skirt and Bustier.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. It's not like all want to run around in Tiger armor and the new clothes. There is no special mods on it so it is mostly about the look, it's not game stopping, that you can't have it or make it.
I think that's my issue. They are just basic items like leather armor or a pair of short pants, this is the first time a basic item was not just given to us in the crafting menus. If we must work for them... why so damn hard? I think everyone is -ok- with them being drop, it's the absurd rarity that's the issue.

sure it annoy me, they are so hard to get but it will forever give players a reason to hunt in Eodon to get this recipes as we always will get new tailors, who want to get them.
Eh, me personally I don't think grinding boring monsters for countless hours to make a kilt is fun. For artifacts, sure, the reward feels worth the effort... but not for clothes. If I were hunting these monsters anyway, and I got the drops as a bonus that would be one thing I guess, but as it is, the tigers and tribes have much worse loot than other things with similar effort involved.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If I were hunting these monsters anyway, and I got the drops as a bonus that would be one thing I guess, but as it is, the tigers and tribes have much worse loot than other things with similar effort involved.
The tigers do give a nice fame too. I would love a recipe for a tiger rug, would look good at my fireplace. They drop seed too, but sadly none of the ones that give resources, I believe it is Cattail, Water Lilly and Cactus.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tigers do give a nice fame too. I would love a recipe for a tiger rug, would look good at my fireplace. They drop seed too, but sadly none of the ones that give resources, I believe it is Cattail, Water Lilly and Cactus.
you know the tiger rugs are just skinned tiger leather?
I made a whole tiger carpet as the overlap well too.

Would so love to make a tiger carpet out of the black tiger........but I think i'm a few years off before that can happen. lol

I'd also like to say this recipe drop thing ain't working. I took my new Thrower there and went from Zero to max Valor and now I only gain a "small" amount of fame too from tigers and still haven't had one single recipe drop for that char. @Bleak
The only thing I can assume is the Champ mobs are not included in the 'point gain' system.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Luck seem to matter alot, when it comes to recipe drop

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can assume is the Champ mobs are not included in the 'point gain' system.
Actually, as is said previously in this thread, many of us are only getting recipes from the Champ mobs. They seem to be the best way to get them.

As for your drop rate, what was your luck when you did the champ? I've done 4 more Turtles since my last post, and have 2 more recipes. Unfortunately, both were duplicates. But that brings me to 14 drops with about 26 hours played. This is all at ~2000 luck.

On Pacific last night there were 7 or 8 recipes for sale for 100k. I picked up the ones I didn't have, so almost have a full set now. So, in 3 weeks basically, I have exhausted the drop system and everything I find from this point on will be going for sale. I'm guessing I'm not special and that most players will be in about the same spot. So, recipes will probably start overflowing the system in not too much longer. At least on production shards. Sorry Freja.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I don't have any luck on my suit, though I would have thought by now I should have at least accrued enough points to get 1 recipe.......hell I could have got 5 Arties in Doom the amount of time I spent here.
We must be a lot slower on Europa then as there still ain't any recipes for sale on vendors and the ones in chat are for +500k each.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I don't have any luck on my suit, though I would have thought by now I should have at least accrued enough points to get 1 recipe.......hell I could have got 5 Arties in Doom the amount of time I spent here.
We must be a lot slower on Europa then as there still ain't any recipes for sale on vendors and the ones in chat are for +500k each.
I'm guessing its luck. The actual luck stat in the game. The development notes make a point of saying luck will affect the drop chances. It may have more of an effect than we are used to. I did 7 or 8 full turtle spawns with 0 luck in the beginning and got 0 drops. It wasn't until I switched to an ~2000 luck suit I saw my first drop. Now I can feel when the drop should be coming around. The timing is that consistent. I really wish I could bump to 4k luck and see what the drop chance becomes!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's great and all that the Luck amount is the deciding factor on drops, unfortunately i'd say most of the population cannot afford a decent Luck suit. 100million+ on Europa, so we just carry on killing stuff for no drops....fair? no I don't think so either.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I'm a crafter, not a fighter...and being a bit OCD, I just like having the full set of recipes for whatever I'm skilled enough to make, even if I may not make it that often.

As the game used to be a fully functional economy where people could specialize in particular areas and buy/trade for what they can't necessarily get otherwise, I really really hope that folks do put their extra recipes up on vendors and don't just end up trashing them for points. (Although I have to say that if I had to pay 100k for a kilt or dress recipe, my eyes would spin around in my head!)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hard to have high luck on Siege, as it mean, you won't be able to PvP if you have to, I still believe Siege should have the 1000 luck fel bonus together with the fel resource and fame bonus. It would only make sense.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've run the turtle champ spawn 71 times and killed just over 500 tigers and have not received any recipe scrolls yet. This is on a character with 1700 luck (so not a ton, but a good amount). My drop rate averages 1 in 10 champ spawns, and those drops have been either eggs or primers (mostly volume 1, with one volume 3). I've gotten a total of 4 pinks (SoTs) as drops from the early levels of the champ spawn.

Clearly the RNG hates me, but based on what's available for sale on Atlantic, it seems there's some room to turn up the drop rate as well. Not everyone can afford to spend 15-20mil per piece to buy these things (recipes, Aloron's armor, etc).