• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New recipie scrolls ??

Legendary Rick

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi, has anyone gotten the new recipe scrolls? And if so were have they gotten them from? Any thoughts cause i don't see anyone with them

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really wish they'd not made everything in Eodon such a grind. All I want are the RP clothing items!
I have to admit I miss when you just could automatically make any new basic items.

What would have been cool, would have been some kind of tribe loyalty quest, one of the rewards of which would be them teaching you their crafting methods. Have both combat and non combat methods to gain loyalty, so crafters don't have to kill stuff to make kilts.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
What would have been cool, would have been some kind of tribe loyalty quest, one of the rewards of which would be them teaching you their crafting methods. Have both combat and non combat methods to gain loyalty, so crafters don't have to kill stuff to make kilts.
Best idea I've heard in a long time. :thumbup1:

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have to admit I miss when you just could automatically make any new basic items.

^ THIS! This is the feedback that the focus group should've given to the devs.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A guild mate has about 25 hours in so far at the Eodon champ and has received 1 scroll for the new craftable armor. I've got about 15 hours in, no scrolls. A third guildie, 15 hours in, no scrolls. 4 dragon turtle eggs amongst us in 55 hours. I've received 3 mastery books as well.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like they should have been able to make that realization on their own. They know what we like and what we don't from all the previous years of feedback, would imagine.

I guess it's possible there's still development left to be done, because it seems pretty crazy to imagine that the tribes are just there as 6 groups of monsters. That would be a huge wasted opportunity. If that's the case I really wish they could finish things, then release them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is ridiculous to have to spend so much time to get the recipes. Some of us have to work and don't have all the time in the world.
I just hope they aren't dropping as quickly as is intended. Especially if you have to get each piece of tiger armor individually... that could seriously take years and years for everyone to get each of them together. :(

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is ridiculous to have to spend so much time to get the recipes. Some of us have to work and don't have all the time in the world.
You're not meant to get everything in the first week either. Playing Devil's advocate... Those people that may or may not have jobs and have more spare time are just getting them before you and they are using their "Life" to do so. Just keep casually playing and don't worry about what others have.

I do think there can be a balance there though and the Devs definitely seem like they want everyone to have that kind of grind.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How do you know they didn't..and the dev's rejected it because they might have other plans, is too hard to implement etc.

Yes I agree hunting monsters for the ability to make clothes is a bit...silly....but no matter what anyone *suggests* it's final decision lays on the Devs.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you know they didn't..and the dev's rejected it because they might have other plans, is too hard to implement etc.

Yes I agree hunting monsters for the ability to make clothes is a bit...silly....but no matter what anyone *suggests* it's final decision lays on the Devs.
It does. Doesn't mean the devs are immune from bad decision choices :) I can understand why the books are hard to get, why the arties are hard to get, even why the turtle is hard to get. But a statless dress? A statless kilt?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not meant to get everything in the first week either. Playing Devil's advocate... Those people that may or may not have jobs and have more spare time are just getting them before you and they are using their "Life" to do so. Just keep casually playing and don't worry about what others have.

I do think there can be a balance there though and the Devs definitely seem like they want everyone to have that kind of grind.
I mean... why should we not get the clothes in the first week? We used to get all of the craftables when we bought the expansions right off the bat, and it worked out just fine.

Look at it this way, you can get turtle eggs, mastery books, artifacts (some of which are super powerful) all on day one... but if you want an evening gown or a new style of base armor you could have to grind for months and months and may end up just having to spend a ton of money to get them. That's just silly.

Reactions: Vor

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand why the books are hard to get, why the arties are hard to get, even why the turtle is hard to get. But a statless dress? A statless kilt?
Ironically the former are really not all that hard to get. :/

Reactions: Vor

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I spent quite awhile doing the champ over and over and finally got the Evening Gown recipe.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
owch, bitter someone didn't get chosen much?

so your projecting that every person in the focus group plays the same play style as you and wants the game spoon fed to them, like you apparently do.
and you are also assuming that the dev's actually listened to what the focus group brought back to them.
have you ever been in a focus group?
have you talked to anyone that was in this focus group?

lot of assuming going on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still am not liking it. That gown not only makes your chest look lopsided.... it needs some better shading... between and under the bust-line so you don't look like you have two large flat pillows in there. Also... while you are walking.... makes your caboose look very large too. No girl wants her butt to look big.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think much of this expansion will sadly pass me by. Champion spawns, (for me) impossible bosses to kill just to start quests, having to kill uber bosses for recipes..*sighs* I was quite looking forward to it all but cannot even bring myself to log in. Ho-hum, a small break and some fresh air won't hurt I guess.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I still am not liking it. That gown not only makes your chest look lopsided.... it needs some better shading... between and under the bust-line so you don't look like you have two large flat pillows in there. Also... while you are walking.... makes your caboose look very large too. No girl wants her butt to look big.

You saying I gots a big butt:sad3:...Lmao!!

I also notice that even though I am wearing boots, when I walk around, I appear to be barefoot.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think much of this expansion will sadly pass me by. Champion spawns, (for me) impossible bosses to kill just to start quests, having to kill uber bosses for recipes..*sighs* I was quite looking forward to it all but cannot even bring myself to log in. Ho-hum, a small break and some fresh air won't hurt I guess.
Don't feel badly. I'm sitting things out, too... i.e., my chefs are staying in their kitchen. But I'm truly glad many others have fun new things to do. That is always a good thing. :)

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Girls are wrong. Guys want girls butt to look big. LOL

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to kill bosses to get the recipies. Anything in eodon can drop them, and outside of the Dragon Turtle and maybe Allosaurus' everything is pretty weak.

As for the rest, just group. Even very weak players can help out at a spawn, or in shadowguard.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to kill bosses to get the recipies. Anything in eodon can drop them, and outside of the Dragon Turtle and maybe Allosaurus' everything is pretty weak.

As for the rest, just group. Even very weak players can help out at a spawn, or in shadowguard.
How many recipes have you got from the rest of Eodon, the villagers, the dinos, the tigers etc?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How many recipes have you got from the rest of Eodon, the villagers, the dinos, the tigers etc?

all of mine are from tigers and vampire bats...seriously I killed a vampire bat and got jester shoes recipe :)

I haven't gotten one from the champ spawn.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
owch, bitter someone didn't get chosen much?

so your projecting that every person in the focus group plays the same play style as you and wants the game spoon fed to them, like you apparently do.
and you are also assuming that the dev's actually listened to what the focus group brought back to them.
have you ever been in a focus group?
have you talked to anyone that was in this focus group?

lot of assuming going on.
i DID get chosen for the focus group. unfortunately i couldn't participate due to r/l priorities. come on tho, imo it's silly to need a scroll to craft a piece of clothing that adds nothing to stats or resists.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
hey @Mesanna there is a bug in the gown graphic, when u wear it, u loose ur shoes. u appear barefoot. a proper lady might wanna put on sum high heels. & u guys left out the men. where are our long tailed coats & top hats? :D

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got a recipe scroll from slaughtering killing reducing the tiger population...
Managing. You're Managing the tiger population.

Technically, that makes you a Park Ranger (or a poacher - but we'll go with Ranger). You should get a gun. Don't tell Aran.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Larisa posted pics of all the clothing here.

It should be noted that some of the new clothing still has clipping issues.
Yes like while riding a horse my butt sticks out of my evening gown... and there is the barefoot thing...

Leprechaun

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The recipe drop rate might be just a tad slow.

I have spent the last few weeks training a new cu sidhe in Eodon.
We have killed enough villagers to make me a genocidal war criminal and so many tigers PETA has me on a hit list.

I kill every creature we come across and so far I have gotten only two drops.
One drop from an Ostard and one from a Vampire Bat
** Sigh ** Both drops were for the tiger pelt chest.

I also received two pieces of Aloron's armor .....yep, both of them were chest pieces also.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I too feel the drop rate is to low, I too got a tiger pelt chest, not sure if it was from a Vampire Bat or from a Tiger, I had got 2 Aloron's armor pieces too, a chest and a collar.
I have killed almost 300 tigers and lots of bats and corpers and some wisps