• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) [NEW] Reborn on Siege

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies and Gentlemen of Siege Perilous. I believe I have good news. I hope you will agree with me.

NEW is once more open for business.

You see, the fates have smiled upon us. For some time, we have believed that the guild of NEW was lost to us. Lady Shalimar has not been seen in some time. While others have done truly amazing work in continuing her legacy (NEW2, NOOB, NWSP, etc.) the original has been missed.

About a month ago, quietly, almost unnoticed, a player returned to Siege. No, not Shalimar. Would that it was. But no – the strange workings of the RNG decided to make a young lady called Magical the guild leader of NEW. She logged back in after a long time away, to find that Shalimar had quit the guild, and she had been promoted to guild leader.

UWSP and I have been working with her to restore something of what NEW once gave our shard.

We have a guild hall. We have chests stocked with basic resources for newcomers to our fair land. We have some of the vet crafting machines. We have a tile at the Britain Hub. We have a deep love for Siege.

The rules of NEW that have stood the test of time will still apply.

Most importantly, NEW is neutral.

NEW has always prospered because of the support shown to it by other guilds and players. We are here to feed the shard. NEW members will be told – in neutral terms – about any guilds or alliances who want us to recruit for them. We will equip and train them. But NEW needs your support. That is the key element that has made NEW the success story that it is. The respect of the shard, the support of all players – blue, red, orange, yellow – and you knowing that you can safely guide a lonely looking noob to our doorstep.

We will do our best to pull our weight. Let NEW earn your respect by results, not by these words.

If you would like to be an emissary, please let us know. Ideally an emissary would be someone with a good knowledge of Siege, some time – not necessarily massive amounts - to give to recruitment and support, and the ability to leave any other activities/drama they’re involved in at the door when they have their NEW face on.

We will also need supplies from time to time. Low-end scrolls, for instance. Gear – decent enough to farm in, but not so amazing that the wearer will be an instant target.

All I can offer is the time that I do have available, and the promise that I will not allow NEW to die.

So, there you have it. Support would be appreciated, drama will be ignored, although healthy debate and constructive criticism is always welcome, and donations will be happily accepted.

Thank you.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss her is all, but the young should not be here but enjoying life.

To NEW if I read correctly has my support of gold and supplies, just lemme know whats needed!

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you VERY much Baby Doll. It's greatly appreciated!!!
It's early days, so I don't have a complete shopping list, but on an ongoing basis NEW will need...

Basic suits. Nothing that is going to make the noob a target. LRC is always in demand.
Mage weapons - the higher the penalty the better.
Gold is always handy.
Low-end scrolls - 105's, 110's.

Any guild / alliance leaders out there - please let me have books describing your merry band, and what you are looking for in new recruits.

Anything you think would be a good addition to a "graduation party" gift

I'm sure there are things I've overlooked - at this point, if you think NEW would benefit from having it, drop it in a mailbox.

Oh, right... where's the mailbox? On the ground floor of the Brit hub, south-west corner, there is a tile to the temporary guild hall. I'm working on a much better one!
That tile will drop you into the "waiting room" of the guild hall. From there, you can get out of the building easily, but you can't get further inside until you've been friended.
Outside the house are 3 mailboxes. I'll add more if it becomes obvious that three isn't enough!

P.S. I agree - she's missed indeed. Maybe one day...

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is outstanding news! I'll do what I can as I'm sure any of my Guildies will too, to assist NEW and it's young or returning members. Thank you Magical and Otto for bringing this most important of traditional guilds back from the ashes! The mere thought of Siege without a NEW guild is appalling to me, O' joyous news you announce this day!

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know right now in time, the NEW guild may not be the " it" thing on Siege. But this NEW, under new management might do well in fall, once set up. Is there any way help EJ accounts?

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EJ players are a bit of a learning curve for NEW.
The biggest pain in the neck is house security. I'm going to toss this out there, and see if anyone has any bright ideas.
Right now, an EJ account can't enter a house unless it's public, and the doors are set to "anyone".
This means that they are exceptionally vulnerable - and in my current house design, get stuck in the "waiting room" until a friend or higher lets them in.
Guild-wise, I want to keep them as ronins, because otherwise there's the drama of someone trying to trigger elections. So, the security option for "guild member" doesn't work - because it only seems to work for "member" or higher.

Right now, for them to use the facilities (no, not THOSE facilities) someone needs to be around to let them in.
Still, with some luck, we'll have enough emissaries eventually to cover the whole day. But right now, EJ characters need baby-sitters.
Any ideas?

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm very happy ! NEW helped always much Siege and i think in next months it will help still much more ! For anything you can count on our full support ! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Off the top of my head.... Freeja? Not sure of her playtime hours or anything, but she has a New Mag. house (public and guard zone) already laid out to assist new people? Might be worth a PM or a shout out to a TDO toon though?

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good luck Otto, and everyone else involved.
I´ll help where I can.

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Better luck getting Freja in these forums, I don't think she's been active playing since last year?

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The teletile in the hub to Frejas New Magincia house is just direct one floor above the NEW teletile.... (if that info helps something)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Than you! Always good to know spots NEWcomers can be sent to for extra help!
It always amazes me when I see Siege's community in action. You'd think I'd be used to it after all these years, but you people still blow me away - even those who blow me away with explosion spells!
*dusts soot off deathrobe*

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings to all from NEW' Emissary Branwyn of Errol. I too am encouraged by the show of support for NEW. I was a NEW graduate in May 2008 and became a friend of Shalimar and regular donor and am grateful for the opportunity to give something back to honor her and hopefully, assist newcomers to Siege in getting a start.