• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Player in Ultima Online LF spanish speaking players

TaruGaming

Visitor
Hello!!

Thanks for this fantastic tool named Stratics where UO players can talk about the game created a lot of years ago.
I´m a new player that was play about 2-3 hours (in total) in Trial, Endless Journey and other private servers. Ultima Online is a game that I want to play since his launch but in 1997 no much friends (no one xD) likes this genre. Years passed and when the genre become much played, all my friends played WoW while i´m played FFXI. So now I want to spend hours in the game but 26 years has passed and no one want to play with me. When I enter the game (Endles Journey version) I usually find english players or english spoken players but my problem is that I´m Spanish. If you see, I can speak English (wroted) but in a basic manner. I can start a conversation with the people but UO is a dense game with dozens of mechanics so, maybe, in a big situation, may not understand the explanations in that language. I would also feel more comfortable speaking my language.

So... this is the question: Is there anyone here who speaks Spanish (or is) and who plays Ultima Online on the official servers? I would also accept a clan where there are people who can communicate in Spanish.

Thank you in advance!

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
don't people meet at Britain bank on the weekends?
you could try talking to them there and see if they are Spanish speaking.

I would speak in Spanish and see if anyone replies back
and if that doesn't work, ask out loud if anyone knows any Spanish players.

======
you could also ask at the next EM event

Europa – The Return Of The King

May 27 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm BST

Gather at EM Hall 8.30 PM UK time zone

========

They also have a Discord server for Europa players
(where I have seen them talk about Spanish players)

======

also tomorrow night there will be an event hosted by the governors
to plant green thorns
so you could ask there too

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am sure there are, your best bet would be to try gen chat in game and ask in English and Spanish. Here is a popular UO Discord server for official shards. It is not official but has a lot of people and you may find some luck there as well. If you find some, make sure to post here how to get in touch with them in case someone else finds this thread and is looking as well.

There is also a large ICQ group if you use ICQ. Message @Longtooths to join since he runs it.

1684186603032.png

TaruGaming

Visitor
Hello both!

I tried to ask in the Chat channel for a week, at different times of the day, and no one answers. I've only gotten a response from two or three players in Atlantic... but in English.
I have entered different Discord and asked, either. I'll try asking in EM.
I don't have ICQ and I don't know what it is xD. I guess it's a widely used US messaging system or something.
Thx for the answers!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Make sure you are in the general chat channel and not in the help channel which is the default channel. ICQ is old and outdated and used by few outside of UO but back in the day it was the premier messaging client for UO.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Discord | Your Place to Talk and Hang Out Here a question for you, what area of the world are you playing the game from? Europa is a shard that service all of Europe, Drachenfels is another. For the rest, we have East USA and West USA

USA
East Atlantic, Catskills, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Legends, Siege Perilous (Siege Ruleset)
West, Baja, Lake Austin, Napa Valley, Origin, Pacific, Sonoma.

Australia, Oceania

Japan, Asuka, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Mugen, (Siege Ruleset) Sakura, Wakoku, Yamato,

Korea, Arirang, Balhae

Taiwan, Formosa

If you are playing from Europe, might catch some players there speaking Spanish. West coast USA might be more from there. Have fun.

TaruGaming

Visitor
Discord | Your Place to Talk and Hang Out Here a question for you, what area of the world are you playing the game from? Europa is a shard that service all of Europe, Drachenfels is another. For the rest, we have East USA and West USA

USA
East Atlantic, Catskills, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Legends, Siege Perilous (Siege Ruleset)
West, Baja, Lake Austin, Napa Valley, Origin, Pacific, Sonoma.

Australia, Oceania

Japan, Asuka, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Mugen, (Siege Ruleset) Sakura, Wakoku, Yamato,

Korea, Arirang, Balhae

Taiwan, Formosa

If you are playing from Europe, might catch some players there speaking Spanish. West coast USA might be more from there. Have fun.
I´m from Spain so i´m playing in Europe. I tried to find spanish people in the Europa shard but is a desert. Brit and Luna have a few people (5 or 10) both morning and night and no one talks in the chat.
Atlantic is another thing, there are many more people and wherever I go it is full. I ask for spanish speaker people all hours but no response either. Normally I enter Atlantic more times because there is more population and, in theory, more possibilities to play. The ping reaches 120ms.

Dread-Lord: I use , or /c to talk with the people, don´t have General option in the chat menu :/

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I´m from Spain so i´m playing in Europe. I tried to find spanish people in the Europa shard but is a desert. Brit and Luna have a few people (5 or 10) both morning and night and no one talks in the chat.
Atlantic is another thing, there are many more people and wherever I go it is full. I ask for spanish speaker people all hours but no response either. Normally I enter Atlantic more times because there is more population and, in theory, more possibilities to play. The ping reaches 120ms.

Dread-Lord: I use , or /c to talk with the people, don´t have General option in the chat menu :/
if you are playing a free game option you will not be able to chat in General chat. Only paid accounts can do so

TaruGaming

Visitor
if you are playing a free game option you will not be able to chat in General chat. Only paid accounts can do so
Ahhh ok! that's why no one answers me hahaha. So I will continue searching in the traditional way as before, paying 11 euros to ask for the chat doesn't quite convince me.
Thank you!