• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Plants - Question...

C

Ceridwen

Ok, so Jeremy posted this on a FoF:

"Not quite, but each time will indeed be a dice roll. There are 12 different monsters that will spawn the seeds. The plants and monsters have been divided into 4 groups: Monster Group A, B, C and D each count 3 monsters, then we have Plant Group 1 to Plant Group 4 that each contains 4 new plants. All 12 monsters will spawn fragrant seeds, but monsters of Group A will also spawn the peculiar seeds from Plant Group 1, while monsters of Group B will also spawn the peculiar seeds from Plant Group 2 and so on. So basically, when hunting monsters from Group A, you have 1 chance out of 5 of getting a specific plant from Group 1. Ditto for any Monster Group and their matching Plant Group. Note that you will never get a Group 1 seed from a Group B monster, etc."
So you have:
Group A - 3 Monsters = carry Plant Group 1 (consists of 4 different seeds)
same for Group B, C and D

Is that correct?
And if so, how exactly does that work, considering we only have 15 new plants? (cocoa not included since they spawn in all 12 monsters)

B

Beastmaster

I answered your post in gardening forum but here goes for here too.

I *think* the short and tall hedges account for 2 seeds but were not counted as 2 plants in their total of 15. Just a guess, but given their communication patterns I think its likely.

Edit: Ah, I found confirmation here
link

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the rubble ohii tree is going to take a plunge in value...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free cat? eww...

I think making the rubble O'hii tree "plunge in value " was intended.

They already killed the yucca and I bet two of the new seeds are a palm and a coconut. Oh and morning glory, water lily. All of the rarer ones will pop up.

This is what happens when one person gets the power.

Gee, wonder why this is happening...

F

Flora Green

It was speculated weeks ago that the Ohii tree would be the graphic. People should have heeded the warning. When it was announced that the cocoa tree would be using a tree already in game, I knew it would be the Ohii. They are quite similar in appearance when comparing pics of cocoa trees and the Ohii. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as anyone else wanting to unload the Ohii. I stated what would happen and was too lazy to sell mine. *Silly Flora*

F

Flora Green

The lilypads should be one of the new plants considering we were supposed to have them years ago. They were part of the 5th gen. I do hope they don't devalue all the rubble though.

Oh, I should add that the juniper bush was also planned for gen 5. Maybe it will also be included. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regine said :

" not quite, there are 12 monsters divided in 4 groups of 3 monsters.

There is a total of 16 new plants, plus the cocoa tree, so 17. The reason we say 15 is because there are 2 types of hedges (tall and short). The plants are divided into 4 groups of 4 plants each.

Each monster group will have 4 new seeds plus the cocoa seed, so 5 seeds per monster group."

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=845509#post845509

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant wait for the new plants lol but guess I have too... am really glad that this was included

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How soon do you think the other shards wil have Publish 55 since Origin got it today?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was speculated weeks ago that the Ohii tree would be the graphic. People should have heeded the warning. When it was announced that the cocoa tree would be using a tree already in game, I knew it would be the Ohii. They are quite similar in appearance when comparing pics of cocoa trees and the Ohii. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as anyone else wanting to unload the Ohii. I stated what would happen and was too lazy to sell mine. *Silly Flora*

Yeah I figured it was the ohii tree too and didn't sell mine either.

They never said that the things we got at the magincia event would remain rare forever so I'm sure some of the other seeds are other plants we got from the event.

I have a lilypad but I wouldn't mind having more of them so I actually hope one of the seeds is a lilypad.

F

Flora Green

I hope some are from Magincia, too. I would love to have more coconut palms (regret selling 2 of my 5) and a date palm, too. The lilypads would be great. I also wish I had turned in more of the ferns before the patch. Wasn't expecting it today and didn't decide til yesterday to part with more of the lesser rubble.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope some are from Magincia, too. I would love to have more coconut palms (regret selling 2 of my 5) and a date palm, too. The lilypads would be great. I also wish I had turned in more of the ferns before the patch. Wasn't expecting it today and didn't decide til yesterday to part with more of the lesser rubble.

I love my coconut palm but I wouldn't mind you being able to grow them. And I would love a date palm. I don't think a plant should be a rare item anyway.

Actually I think the display cases should be able to be made by a carpenter. Now I have several of them and I know it would make there value go way down but I think they should be able to be enjoyed by everyone.:D

C

Ceridwen

I love my coconut palm but I wouldn't mind you being able to grow them. And I would love a date palm. I don't think a plant should be a rare item anyway.

Actually I think the display cases should be able to be made by a carpenter. Now I have several of them and I know it would make there value go way down but I think they should be able to be enjoyed by everyone.:D
Wow... if I could give you karma for that post, I would. :)
Very nice opinion, although not many will share it.

*bows*