• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] New Plants - Locked down - Not able to tend them

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

As of today 2 of the new plants burst on me.

Atm it seems I cannot tend them in locked down modus ... no plant gump will come up.
I get an error: You are not allowed to access this.

This means I may have to unlock my plants everyday and have them in my backpack to tend them.

Anyone else noticed this ?

J

Jafanarae

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't get the security gump up either to check or change settings.

Edit: I secured mine with "I wish to secure this" rather than "lock this down".

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you folks using 2D or KR? Did you set their security to friend or co-owner, or leave them at default owner setting? Will releasing one and resetting it using "I wish to lock this down" perhaps fix it?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I had to release them, put them in my backpack, then lock them back down to be able to tend them.

Y

Yalp

same thing for me.. I unlocked a cypress tree and snowdrops to take screenies.. and once complete I relocked them.. got the same error message.. can't even set security with them in the lock down position.. I sent in a bug report.

B

Bodhi

Apparently in locked down modus (actually i secured them) they dont seem to grow? I planted the seeds yesterday at 19.00, now we are 28 hours further, and they havent had a growth???

plantgrowing.jpg plantgrowing2.jpg

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You locked down the plants at 19:00. Next maintenance period at 05:00 the plants were not 24 hours old so nothing happened. If they stay locked down they get another maintenance check at the next maintenance period, 05:00 the next day. That's the best way to go. You lose a few hours the first day using shard-up growing times, but then you always get the fastest possible 23.9 hour growth speed.

If you have to see something happen right away, put those plants in your pack or beetle. Log out. Then wait 40 minutes (computer techie reason). Then log back in and you get growth from the plants that are over 24 hours old.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long ago there was a bug where only the one person who locked down a plant could access it for watering. To be safe, the house owner should do the locking down and all of the watering. No helpers or co-owners or same-account owners.

F

feath

there's a bug report on uhall that locked down plants aren't growing - and can't be accessed by any of the house characters.
they need to be unlocked and placed in your backpack. then, relocked, i think, and then can be accessed? don't remember the whole thing, as all my plants are in my packs, so it didn't apply to me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far I have been able to tend my plants that are secure. None have turned to the plant graphic yet.

I play in 2D and they were secured by the home owner but my gardener on the account tends them.

I have not unsecured any of them and I wont now.

I dont like using a backpack.

E

Eslake

It doesn't happen until they reach Adult growth levels (7+).

The Cactus isn't effected.
Hedges, Hops, Cocoa, and Spider trees are all un-tendable while locked down, that I can confirm.
(tried as the Original lock-down character, and as house Owner, neither works)
They have to be moved into your pack to be accessed to tend them.

I can't verify yet whether or not they continue to Grow after this point while locked down (the game may not be seeing them as Plants while locked down after maturity). I will know in about 12 hours.

Of course the only plant to suffer in this case is the Cocoa, since it cannot produce resources until it ages 2 more days. The others are essentially in Decorative mode already, which is where they will go once they age to day 9 anyway. (But I won't like to see them stuck with the name "A peculiar suchandsuch")

B

Bodhi

Do these new plants give out seeds? So that we never have to horde them again once we have a collection of seeds at home? Althou i wouldnt mind the hunting, i really thought it was a fun and rewarding part of the 'plant event'.

By the way, i just noticed that they are in stage 2 now ;) Yay!

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 2 "new style plants" that bloomed yesterday, I had locked down whilst growing up.
I had to unlock them and tend them in my backpack, afterwards I relocked them in my house.
Today they did get a growth and are on day 8 now, but again I needed to lock/relock for the tending.

These plants were locked/tended my the houseowner.

F

feath

Do these new plants give out seeds? So that we never have to horde them again once we have a collection of seeds at home? Althou i wouldnt mind the hunting, i really thought it was a fun and rewarding part of the 'plant event'.

By the way, i just noticed that they are in stage 2 now ;) Yay!
you have to hunt the monsters to get the seeds.
the coco plant, i know gives out coco, but... if it gives out seeds, i don't remember.

L

Lady Katherine

The cocoa plants are the only ones that give seeds and resources, so they are going to be the biggest pains for tending purposes if you want them. All the other plants can be set to deco. mode after their second day of "springing out" so they will not have to be tended anymore.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Hello,

Atm it seems I cannot tend them in locked down modus ... no plant gump will come up.

This means I may have to unlock my plants everyday and have them in my backpack to tend them.

I am having the same issue.
Growing in my pack is something I dislike but oh well :(

L

Lord Drakelord

Hello,

I am having the same issue.
Growing in my pack is something I dislike but oh well :(
well thanks to a quick reply on another thread my plants are on my bug now till they old enough to be placed in Deco

M

Moonstar

I had some plants locked down .. since i couldnt tend to them when they first grew out, i figured theyautomatically went into decorative modfe so didnt think anything of it, till this morning.. I checked on those plants and they were in the red for water and had other ailments..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't happen until they reach Adult growth levels (7+).

The Cactus isn't effected.
I read this too late. I coincidently put my only cati back on the ground and noticed that I could tend it. I thought the bug was fixed so I put the other 39 down and logged into 2D, hoping I could tend them. But I couldn't access them...

I dislike KR for gardening.. Cant see all the plants in 2D in my pack.

I

IMissLoK

Are you folks using 2D or KR? Did you set their security to friend or co-owner, or leave them at default owner setting? Will releasing one and resetting it using "I wish to lock this down" perhaps fix it?
I know this is old news ... just filling in the blanks ...

My home owner locked down ("I wish to lock this down") the plants and is tending them. When the 1st set of my plants bloomed (Left Hops, Orfluer, Foxglove, Spider tree, water lilly, tall hedge, Sugar Cane) I was not able to access the gardening gump (got message saying "You are not allowed access to this"). I then changed the remaining pots (still on day 6) to Secure ("I wish to secure this") and changed the setting to allow Friends to access. Today they bloomed (Cattails, Right Hops, Tall Cypress, Flowering Cactus, Cocoa Tree) and I still cannot access the gardening gump ("You are not allowed access to this"). All plants have to be put into my backpack to water and cure and then locked back down. I noticed after I unlocked the flowering cactus and put it back down ("I wish to lock this down" - default access), then I can get into the gardening gump while it is locked down but I had to initially unsecure it and then lock it down to get the gump.

I play on Legends shard in 2D using 9th Anniversary Collection (Mondain's Legacy) installation on Windows XP.

I

IdoBods

okay im beyond frustrated with the new plants. everyone else has been able to grow them and get them to reach age of being able to set to deco mode.

mine have all been locked down on the floor of the house, unlocked and put in pack to do the daily care, and relocked down on the floor.

NONE of mine have yet to show the icon to make deco. They all say day 9, and all continue to need daily care.

( and these are plants that were planted on day the new pub went out and seeds were available.)

anyone have ideas on how the fruck i can get them show the icon so i can make them deco??

G

Gwenyth

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place...maybe. To put the plant in deco mode, you click on the little flower in the top left corner of the plant menu. Now on the next menu screen you should see green leaves with a red "X" in the top right hand corner, click on that icon. You will then get a question asking if you want to put the plant in deco mode. I hope that helps :)

Tuferon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem. It seems that once the plant bowl disappears, you lose the access and I have been putting them in my pack to tend then replacing.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm insanely frustrated with this bug, for 3 reasons:

1) My gardening workflow involves locked down plants. I don't use my backpack. So the whole thing just messes me all up.

2) I lost a bag of 47 new plants that were on Day 8 last night, because I set them on the ground while reorganizing and forgot to put them back in my backpack. I did not set them into a secure container because I discovered last week that, for whatever reason, whenever I took a bag out of my backpack, put it in a secure, then put it back into my pack (even if it was only in the secure for 5 minutes while I reorganized), I lost a growth day. Setting them on the ground didn't seem to affect the clock. But it sure affects my sanity WHEN I LOSE 47 PLANTS!!!

3) I much prefer the growth checks happening at server-up, as they do with locked down plants. Last night, I tended my plants late after work - 11pm. Today, my only chance to play is now, 6pm - but my backpack plants won't grow until after 11pm. Well, I might not be awake.

GRRR!!!

Has there been ANY dev response to this? Is it going to be fixed? Anytime soon?

I know #2 is my own fault but it wouldn't have happened if this bug didn't exist.

/end rant

Sorry. I'm just frustrated to ridiculous proportions.

B

Beastmaster

The only response we have had does not address the lockdown issue but just the cactus color issues.

see here

edit: and this from FoF
"So fire-colored cacti are cool but... is that *all* the Naturalist quest gives anymore?"

This is something we're investigating. As an update to last week's post about colored new plants, this may be a bug that the fixing of which would eliminate those colors in the new plants. We'll keep you posted, but I wanted to make sure y'all were aware of the possibility that they will go away, since it's contrary to what we posted last week.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just need a quick confirmation from you guys that you only had this lockdown issue with the new plants or if it also involves the old plants. Cuz if it's just the new plants, there could be much rejoicing in the near future. If not, back to hair pulling for moi!

If my theory is right, you currently should have np tending the old plants and the flowery cactus while locked down, only the other new plants should be bugged.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only the new ones, for the older plants all is as normal. In fact one of the new plants functions normally, the flowering cactus, coincidentally the same one that we're getting fire versions of from the naturalist quest. Or maybe that's not a coincidence?

C

Callie

Speaking for myself and others I have spoken to on Cats, this is what I can confirm:

The NEW plants are tendable when locked down and secure before they "pop" into mature plants. Once they pop, they must be released and tended in my backpack. I am then able to lock them down (or secure them, either one, I've tried both) and they are able to complete their growth check at the next server up time. I have tried to tend them locked down after unlocking them, but I find that I still must unlock and pick up every single little (or big, ha!) new plant that I need to water and tend.
The OLD plants have had no appreciable changes in the way that I tend them, ie, locked down or secured on my roof until they spit out all their resources, seeds and are placed in deco mode.
I haven't run the naturalist quest since the new plants came out, mostly due to time, but also...how many cacti do I really want? HEHE

Thanks for listening Regine!

Lady_Emma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I click the flower in the left upper position of the plant and get to next menu but there is nothing in the upper right hand cornor to click to make them decrative so i just keep holding them . Very annoying

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I click the flower in the left upper position of the plant and get to next menu but there is nothing in the upper right hand cornor to click to make them decrative so i just keep holding them . Very annoying

They need to be healthy or vibrant, and on day 9 before you can put them into deco mode.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I made a test about 2 weeks ago, I could put dying plants into decco mode.
On day 9 ofcourse.

Because the plants I know I will put into decco mode I tend on day 7, but always skip day 8, so I knew wilted worked, but was curious for dying ones, so I let 2 plants go to day 10 & 11 without tending. Once in dying mode I attempted and succeeded in putting them into decco mode.