• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] 'New' Party bars

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could they go back to what they were before? This new version - a block of immovable bars - really suck.

What we had a week ago was far from perfect, but it was a lot better then something we have zero control over. If you really want to make your players happy, restore the KR party gump.

Please stop removing the 'Enhanced' from the "Enhanced Client".

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam with you, i have intigrated the old KR party system into my Interface with a few modifictation for example you can now switch the spells on the buttons for heal and cure, also i tried to give the leader a special look with *** at his name.

T

Tukaram

Maybe the Devs figure if they remove the functionality of the EC they might attract the CC people?

T

Tukaram

I work for the taxpayer... they expect dumb... and I don't like to let people down. :thumbup1:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree Marty..... this is irritating! I mean in the CC you can at LEAST move the whole freaking stack and once you put them together you can move them.... I am tired of not being able to move the stinking bars.... especially when they go places where they are impossible to use or see..... wtf good is that???? Or when they go somewhere where they block being able to do things..... *grumbles*

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These new bars should be movable.

The goal of this redesign was to have the bars use up less screen space, because when you had a full party of ten, it was difficult to manage the game with the bars taking up more than 1/3 of your screen.

Each bar position (1-10) is saved across play sessions so once you have all ten set-up, they stay there until moved again.

We're still weighing in on some of the feedback such as the difficulty of closing the health bars and maybe adding an option to not pop-up any party bars at all when a party is formed.

D

Diggity

Party bars are still movable for me. Could it be that people having problems aren't clearing old mods out? I know this caused some probs for me as well when the updates first hit. It might be useful to have a "safe" UI mode where all mods are disabled so people can more easily tell if its possibly their mod causing the problems they see.

I like the smaller size and like the way it does save the positions now. I would like to see the default close be easier to do tho.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I always just use the Default when testing things like that so i can tell if its the mod causing the problem (I use CE mod and leave the default alone for this very reason)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be useful to have a "safe" UI mode where all mods are disabled so people can more easily tell if its possibly their mod causing the problems they see.
There is - just select the "default" UI.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've found that the new party bars ARE movable, but ONLY when you drag them from the party member as a new bar. Once you let go of the bar, it locks in place until you drag a new one off again.

What Party bars need is a context menu option to lock in place or have moveable as well as a decent Close Bar option.

(Side note: They also need the code we had in our mods that checked for the higher skill between Magery and Chiv and applied the correct spells to the buttons accordingly)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also discovered what Dermott found out... drag new bar out. This is not a bad thing.

Add the blue button too. I loved the bless/remove curse. Wish devs would put it as default.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I've found that the new party bars ARE movable, but ONLY when you drag them from the party member as a new bar. Once you let go of the bar, it locks in place until you drag a new one off again.

What Party bars need is a context menu option to lock in place or have moveable as well as a decent Close Bar option.

(Side note: They also need the code we had in our mods that checked for the higher skill between Magery and Chiv and applied the correct spells to the buttons accordingly)

Exactly..... and this is VERY irritating..... what if we get more people in the party and I decide I don't want all the bars there..... I want to move them.... well then I have to drag each and every one of them separately ......and it seems I can NOT get rid of them until I drag a new one out off the player... This is NOT acceptable....

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, i like that I can't accidentally screw up the party bars.
But some Lock & Unlock button would be ideal I'd think.

Found a bug. In an instance when there were 3 of us in a party, I couldn't get one person's bar to work at all. Meaning, I couldn't bless him, or put gift of renewal, or heal via targeting his party bar. I had to click his head instead. I logged in and out to fix it. Then it happened again. So add that to the bug list.

WISH LIST:
I wish we could drag out MORE THAN 10 BARS. There are community hunts that we do and 10 bars is limiting. I have plenty of black space I can throw 25 bars.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These new bars should be movable.

The goal of this redesign was to have the bars use up less screen space, because when you had a full party of ten, it was difficult to manage the game with the bars taking up more than 1/3 of your screen.

Each bar position (1-10) is saved across play sessions so once you have all ten set-up, they stay there until moved again.

We're still weighing in on some of the feedback such as the difficulty of closing the health bars and maybe adding an option to not pop-up any party bars at all when a party is formed.
Party bars taking up more than 1/3 of your screen? Are you testing these changes on a netbook?? Most gamers have a 19" (or better) monitor and play at the max resolution - there is no way in hell that the party bars could take up anything close to 1/3 the screen...

The original KR party menu was FAR superior to anything done in the EC to date, please return it. It solved all the current party bar issues, could be hid, and didn’t take up much space. Gutting the KR functionality from the EC was a massive mistake that needs to be rectified.

Furthermore, regarding ‘feedback’... This is the second UI change that has gone down in flames. It may be wise to actually talk to the EC players about UI changes BEFORE you implement them... Not after.

We come to this board for a reason. We like the EC. Time to make proper use of this resource to better the client and not waste your time on UI changes nobody likes.

D

Diggity

Right now, i like that I can't accidentally screw up the party bars.
But some Lock & Unlock button would be ideal I'd think.

WISH LIST:
I wish we could drag out MORE THAN 10 BARS. There are community hunts that we do and 10 bars is limiting. I have plenty of black space I can throw 25 bars.
Is this happening with the default UI? Do you have a default directory in your user interface directory? If so, is it empty or have any files been modified from the EA standard download?

Running with no mods, my party bars do not lock and and I can rearrange them without re-pulling from the avatars.

Also your wish s/b granted with last patch. With the default MobileHealthBar.lua, I can pull more than 10 bars. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I have had over 30 at one time. Previously the limit of 10 was hardcoded in the MobileHealthBar.lua. So to me it sounds like you are running some mods and/or at least have old versions of some of the files.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm in that case the sticking should NOT be happening in Stone or Copper as neither of them are using any version of the Party Window files and thus would default to the (obviously) default files for those UI elements.

D

Diggity

I can say that I don't have the party sticking problem with the default ui or the few mods that I use in a custom ui. I did download the stone ai from the new site - it looks very nice - and had the party bar sticking prob. I don't know enough about lua or what your mods do, let alone try to speculate on how they interact, but I don't think the party problem is solely an EA caused issue.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmm... might be due to the way I redid the health bars pre-4.0.7.0 to be more visible, but I'm not sure why that would be... I'll have to dig into the default files and see what I can find.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt that a good party window?

And when 10 ppl are in you can switch these bars to smaller ones, but why iam telling you, you have designed it ;).

Attachments

D

Diggity

Playing around with stone ui in between Navreys, I found that if I take CoreWindowTemplates.xml out, the bars unstick. So maybe something in there.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll see what I can find in the next couple days... a little late to start tonight.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt that a good party window?

And when 10 ppl are in you can switch these bars to smaller ones, but why iam telling you, you have designed it ;).

This is what I want back natively... The party system in KR made sense.. A gump that contained all the bars for the party members with 'lil heal/cure/bless buttons. The player didn't have to do anything to get the bars of people not on screen, and it was impossible to ever lose a bar.

The only people who wouldn't like this system are ones who you shouldn't party with in the first place ;p (sarcasm folks, but only barely)

I want this back. And as Malag has stated, we want the KR housing gump back with ALL its functionality.

Time to grow a pair, Dev Team, and put the 'Enhanced' back in the EC.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gonna replace Core window Textures with the new Default version and tweak to fit the UI accordingly... in theory, that should fix the sticking problem

Edit: Ok, yes the new CoreWindowsTemplate file fixes the sticking problem. Give me a bit to fix up some of the formatting issues for the UIs and I'll get an update uploaded.

Edit 2: Going to add in the Blue button as well. Unfortunately, as of this update, the blue button in party bars and the buttons in the pet window will be non-functional.