• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Newsletter is out! IDOC changes coming!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was just reading over the new changes to IDOC.
sounds interesting!

• Information regarding the whereabouts of structures that are in danger of collapsing can be obtained by visiting City Trade Ministers. City Trade ministers will bark this information when approaching, similar to how Krampus' location is relayed.
  • Condemned houses will go through six stages of decay which will take at least five days,
    • Like New -> Slightly Worn -> Somewhat Worn -> Fairly Worn -> Greatly Worn -> In Danger of Collapsing
  • When a house goes into the condemned status the house will become private and all access will be removed. Friend and Co-owner lists will be cleared.
  • Houses with rental vendors will become OSI owned and have to go through a cycle for the second time to notify vendor owners.
  • The house collapse timer will appear on the house sign as it nears the "In Danger of Collapsing" stage. This timer will indicate how long until the house collapses.
  • When the house drops the housing area will be fenced off while the contents of the house are packed into barrels within the housing area. No players or pets will be able to enter the fenced area while the contents are being packed. Players may not teleport into the fenced area while the contents are being packed.
  • Once all contents have been packed away players will be able to punch their way into the housing area for a chance to break into the barrels. Barrels can only be attacked by non-Endless Journey Accounts and players must be unarmed. Unarmed damage is the only damage that will break barrels.
  • Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.
  • Mounts and Pets are restricted from this area. Barrels will remain until attacked or next server maintenance.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree does sound like fun. I just hope you cant reach through the fence after the barrel explodes or whatever id does to drop the items.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No mention of how house placing will work? slight oversight by devs. typical. :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So all the script looters have to do is walk up to the barrels and wait for players to break them and the script shopping list will hoover up what they want before anyone can grab the items or object handles? Idoc guy wins again. EJ accts cant break barrels, does not say whether they are, like pets banned from the area?????

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No pets or mounts allowed it said. As for looting, we don't know how it works till we try it on TC.
They also said no EJ.

Also am really hoping the barrels do significant damage back, sort of like when you hit a lighthouse it
repels some damage back.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So all the script looters have to do is walk up to the barrels and wait for players to break them and the script shopping list will hoover up what they want before anyone can grab the items or object handles? Idoc guy wins again. EJ accts cant break barrels, doe snot say whether they are, like pets banned from the area?????
We don't know how it works yet. We know that EJ accounts cannot damage barrels. Does the loot go into the pack when it's broken or does it fall on the ground; we don't know yet. Try it out on test.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be cool if the fence broke after a certain amount of damage. Then all can go in.

Fighting over barrels... So after the fence is gone, you can then bring pets to carry the heavy stuff?

Sounds fun.

pets banned from the area?????
How do you plan to carry away the 60k boards, cloth etc? Some of us just like to grab stacks of resources.

Do you have to get loot rights on the barrels. EJ accounts can not remove things from containers. Those gargoyles are not EJ accounts....

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Would be cool if the fence broke after a certain amount of damage. Then all can go in.

Fighting over barrels... So after the fence is gone, you can then bring pets to carry the heavy stuff?

Sounds fun.

How do you plan to carry away the 60k boards, cloth etc? Some of us just like to grab stacks of resources.

Do you have to get loot rights on the barrels. EJ accounts can not remove things from containers. Those gargoyles are not EJ accounts....
  • Players may not damage barrels unless they can hold 50 items and 100 stones in their backpack.

• Mounts and Pets are restricted from this area. Barrels will remain until attacked or next server maintenance.

Sorry for the bulk resource gatherer's...just hope ppl put them in deeds.

I approve these changes...can't wait to test :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pieces of rubble weigh a lot also. Back to dragging stuff out of the area and hope someone else does not grab it.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like the contents go into your pack because it states how many items & weight you must be able to hold to attack. Wish it was made clear you can or cannot pick up a barrel, maybe it was Long day.

Too bad this is not happening at the LS castle idoc falling today. The gargy scripter players are gathering with their bazillion packies. It is a player museum of more common items, not like the Orb. I think this change could be good and be fun for some players. I cannot wait to see the fence form and the packing! :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I'll be the first and probably only negative Nancy on this, but still, all of this instead of banning the script looters.

Those guys must really have some serious stroke with the team...

Let's find some way to make it look like we did something, without costing us our squad. lol

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds to me like the contents go into your pack because it states how many items & weight you must be able to hold to attack. Wish it was made clear you can or cannot pick up a barrel, maybe it was Long day.

Too bad this is not happening at the LS castle idoc falling today. The gargy scripter players are gathering with their bazillion packies. It is a player museum of more common items, not like the Orb. I think this change could be good and be fun for some players. I cannot wait to see the fence form and the packing! :)
Where is this castle on LS and when is it falling?... for science

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It would be a good test if they copied the current LS and put it on TC then. It could be a RL test of how well the code and process work.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hmm, at an idoc on foot with no weapon in hand, not hidden, punching barrels in fel. what will happen lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, finally a use for that wrestle mage I have.... he'll like having a use finally...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with what someone said on the "official" forum... make it a no casting, no pet area... for the duration of the barrels ... I like that idea. No weapons, no casting, no pets. Just fists.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with what someone said on the "official" forum... make it a no casting, no pet area... for the duration of the barrels ... I like that idea. No weapons, no casting, no pets. Just fists.
Add full PvP and this could be the greatest thing they have ever done! Put a healer right outside the fenced area.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The changes will be worth testing. BUT, it seems the chatacter copy to TC is inopperative. I tried to transfer 2 different characters, on 2 different accounts, and now they are both "bugged". It doesn't say it's down. I just get the "I have a x-fer in progress" bug explaination.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So all the script looters have to do is walk up to the barrels and wait for players to break them and the script shopping list will hoover up what they want before anyone can grab the items or object handles? Idoc guy wins again. EJ accts cant break barrels, does not say whether they are, like pets banned from the area?????
Sounds like someone who is very familiar with Scripting. May the Whining being in the Guise of "Its gonna hurt the Honest Player" This should be fun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like someone who is very familiar with Scripting. May the Whining being in the Guise of "Its gonna hurt the Honest Player" This should be fun.
One of the biggest problems with the hoovers is they keep things on their finger... until the "coast" is clear... if they couldn't do that it would help.

Not sure if @Bleak could code it so you can't hold things on your cursor in that area... for longer than say a few short seconds. Dunno about that one... but part of how the "hoovers" work is just standing there with something on their cursor until someone with a packie comes along for pick up. Then it is ever so quickly dropped to the packie or the ground and stuffed away or picked back up... where it continues to sit until the packie returns or the chest is emptied of all "good" loot then it's finally dropped...

I'm fairly familiar with how they operate having watched them often enough... anyone who has watched them operate will be able to tell you how they work.

If the "loot" goes into your pack then it shouldn't be a problem... they wouldn't be able to hoover anything because there would be nothing there to hoover.

I'm wondering what happens to the stuff that's super heavy... things that are over 100 stones... over 400 stones... etc? Will the "barrels" automatically put all the stacks of stuff like ingots, boards and regs and such into commodity deeds? Because I can certainly say that there is no way anyone is picking up 60k of anything... I'm curious about that.

But if each barrel holds only 100 items there could be a LOT of barrels in some houses.

But I'm hopeful this will help the situation.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there will be no stackable items any longer. most all houses are falling on test. if you go there now a castle is falling soon, the sign says 1 hour. its in the big area north of minoc, just yell in chat for a gate. kyronix is there answering questions. I attacked barrels with others attacking and we all got stuff from barrel.

Last edited:

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ressource are deleted and all stackable stuff and all house deco..i wish fire painting and vet rewards aren t deleted

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well that sucks
What? Deleting the house deco and resources what is the point of doing an IDOC then?????? I mean isn't most good loot deco???

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Information regarding the whereabouts of structures that are in danger of collapsing can be obtained by visiting City Trade Ministers. City Trade ministers will bark this information when approaching, similar to how Krampus' location is relayed.

My issue here is Krampus location is only yelled out once, when it is spawning and you have to be standing there to hear it (either anywhere with a trade box in your pack or next to the trade minister when you go to get a new order).

Need to see how this part is actually gonna work. Yelled with coords when it first goes into decay? Yelled once when it turns idoc? Yelled every 10 mins? Yelled a few times and stating the time?

Are people going to need to 'camp' the trade minister? If so will it fall to the scripters to camp it 24/7?

Guess will have to see.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Missecho its barked everytime you get into the area in the same way that krampus worked

Souldhouse loot from barrels are split up to all that got looting rights. If not i outdamaged everyone all the time even when starting to hit on barrels at 20% health.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that sucks
What? Deleting the house deco and resources what is the point of doing an IDOC then?????? I mean isn't most good loot deco???
I don't think they are going to delete house deco. It doesn't state it in the publish notes.

• The following items will be deleted during house collapse,
    • Account Bound Items
    • House Only Items
    • Commodity Deeds
    • Stackable Items
    • Goza Mats

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
House only items includes a lot of deco....

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Missecho its barked everytime you get into the area in the same way that krampus worked

Souldhouse loot from barrels are split up to all that got looting rights. If not i outdamaged everyone all the time even when starting to hit on barrels at 20% health.
What exactly did it say? Like just give you coords and what stage it was at ? Or just coords and you have no idea of timeframe? I wont have time to get onto TC as am planning to go away on Tues for 7 weeks. Busy getting stuff organised.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wasn't bad all. This is going to hurt scripters so much and help out normal players in more ways than anyone can imagine. :) :)
House only items includes a lot of deco....
The house only items were only like snow tiles and grass tiles from what I can tell. Maybe stone walls that were player crafted. I was getting a ton of virtue tiles deeds and other deeded items. I showed up at the very end and punched 2 barrels and even got a few EM items and a race change token.
Add full PvP and this could be the greatest thing they have ever done! Put a healer right outside the fenced area.
Stinky Pete... I wanted to like one of your comments on the official forum, but could not. So I just figured I would let you know on here. Sorry for calling you a scripter before... just been at those guys for years and gave up IDOCing to boot. In a sense, they won the first round... but this time... I think the Devs have finally nailed it. : ) : )

The only way IDOCs will be more profitable for scripters now (more so than real players) is when and Only when they take 50 accounts to known museums. They will.... but everyone else will be there too and know the exact time. So even then, normal players will get over half of all EM items and Server births.

Tonight was the first and I hope final time I ever have to see what the gargy scripters do. Clean out a players museum castle in minutes. Damn, what happened to have allowed this?.
I sincerely hope this barrel fix works.
The only way that Idoc guy will get anything like that again will be to pay for 50 accounts. And even then, he is going to have to empty a ton of junk from his 50 different backpacks in between punching barrels. And there were a few more safe guards thrown in that I may have noticed as well. I think this was very well thought out by the Devs.

Items go into your backpack directly.

Pieces of rubble weigh a lot also. Back to dragging stuff out of the area and hope someone else does not grab it.
From what I saw, the limit is 100 stones each time the barrel spews stuff into your backpack. So even damaging a barrel down to 80%, and 60%, ect... you are only guaranteed 100 stones per turn. Someone who gets the 99 stone rubble may be out of luck, as that will leave them 1 deed only maybe. : P

Yeah, I'm real curious if that will make it go faster. And then, does a hole open in the fence allowing anyone to enter or just you? Hopefully a lot of people test and report!
All forms of damage help. Wrestling, tactics, and anatomy Kyronix said. Also the wrestling primer (not sure how it helps, am unfamiliar with it and will have to look it up.)

What ya gonna do brother!

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk
Just wanted to post this again.... hehehe. And whoever posted the Mortal Kombat link with Goro fighting Johny Cage... Yes... that will work too Kyronix said! : ) : )

Last edited:

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to interrupt your guys idocguy rants, but he never has used gargoyles. :)
I know the one who uses the gargoyle scripts, and just didn't want to single him out. You're right it was wrong of me to state that Idoc guy. Just trying to be nice to the other one who pays for his accounts. He was actually on the right side of wanting this, so was trying to be nice.

Why are Commodity deeds and stacked items deleted?
Too heavy, there was no righteous way to put 365,000 stones worth of items into barrels I would imagine. More easier to just delete those, this could actually greatly benefit actual miners and such also, much farther down the road. I assume anything over 100 stones could potentially be deleted, like certain metal boxes and items stuck in boxes and such (weigh 255 stones.) The rubble limit is 100 stones, so it makes sense.

If you actually read what the devs wrote the changes address pretty much everything people have complained about.

1) No EJ accounts
2) No packies or mounts in loot area (can’t use packie script looter)
3) No looting of individual items (hence scripts that target an inventory list are obsolete)
4) items go directly into player packs and are acquired by something simply other than picking them up off the ground

However, I can already think of ways this can be worked around and again you guys are thinking micro instead of macro. Who is going to benefit from a system where packies aren’t used, items to directly in packs and it is target based with looting rights? The small time guys used packies because they didn’t want to pay for a ton of accounts.

Answer: multibox players with many accounts, basically people with the setups that the multiboxers doing events have or have had

All this does is put out of business people running low tech scripts but the high end script guys with a ton of accounts will figure out a way around it, I guarantee it. So this again comes back to enforcement which clearly is not a priority and hasn’t been for years.

I give it a month or two after the system is in place before the same complaints start popping up.
And yes, the one who multiboxes at events has already went around and bought up every wrestling II and I primer from VS. I saw him doing it earlier... the same one who stands outside his Luna house and gates endlessly to his auction safes. With that said, this will cut out 90% of the scripting. Small houses will not be worth it much, and all shards are off the question. Before, he could simply put 1 single bot at every house on every shard and have that bot run to each chest and take his choice of items. He was never there, he was always afk. He did it while sleeping most of the time, as that is when IDOCs fall.

Of course he will be at the museums and castles with tons of good stuff, but that cannot be helped. This is a huge step forward. And taking out the small time scripters means 98% less scripters. Trust me, this will be a little hard for those other 4 too, their characters will pick up tons of junk and have to empty it out. Not only that, Everyone knows the exact time now, and locations. Those 2 or 4 guys won't even bother with the small houses anymore. They will be targeting a lot more castles I assume, on random far away shards. This helps out a ton bro, trust me. Everyone there loved it already.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So this is how it ends idocs

hell of an end game

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
What exactly did it say? Like just give you coords and what stage it was at ? Or just coords and you have no idea of timeframe? I wont have time to get onto TC as am planning to go away on Tues for 7 weeks. Busy getting stuff organised.
When to house turns idoc, final stage the trade dealer will start bark the coordinates you then have to go to the house to check the timer, now on test the timer is also when they go condemned so they bark coord for all houses on test.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the new changes. It actually give everyone a fair shot at loot. The system is pretty simple and you wont have to worry about the IDOC being scooped up in 5 seconds.

Once it falls, all items go into barrels. Each barrel holds 50 items (100 Stones) and all 50 items will go directly into pack once you break the barrel. Depending on how much you can hold, you could break open 2 barrels before having to offload to a packy.

Also please fix it so that all the barrels need to be removed before house placement can begin

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
House Only = grass tiles & stone pavers etc. (items that can only be dropped inside a house)
I happen to like stone pavers and grass tiles... Especially stone previously dyed with expensive dyes.

I love the new changes. It actually give everyone a fair shot at loot. The system is pretty simple and you wont have to worry about the IDOC being scooped up in 5 seconds.

Once it falls, all items go into barrels. Each barrel holds 50 items (100 Stones) and all 50 items will go directly into pack once you break the barrel. Depending on how much you can hold, you could break open 2 barrels before having to offload to a packy.

Also please fix it so that all the barrels need to be removed before house placement can begin
Already does, tested on TC , when the area open fpr placement, you can place over the unopen barrels, the bad thing is , when you place over, deletes all barrels.

Rafman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of these changes look like many of the suggestions i was making.
Publicly show the timer to everyone (it only hurts non-cheaters not to know when it falls).
Publicly give access to idocs (town cryer does this)
Limit area from pets
Limit carrying capacity (the 50 items/100 stones does this).

Overall - I really like these changes. Will have to see in practice how some of it works. Curious what the process looks like when "the house contents are packed in barrels". Is that a 2 min thing? an hour thing? Is anything ecluded?

Interesting for sure

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Be glad its on TEST SHARD. Go try it. DONT like it, make recommendations. Like it, tell them so.

NOW is YOUR time to speak your piece.

Is there a "thread" on UO.com about this?? Please post it so others can read what is being said there.
FOUND IT ----->>>>>> Pub 108 - House Decay Rules Feedback

If YOU don't test it, see comments below.

Last edited:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I know the one who uses the gargoyle scripts, and just didn't want to single him out. You're right it was wrong of me to state that Idoc guy. Just trying to be nice to the other one who pays for his accounts. He was actually on the right side of wanting this, so was trying to be nice.

And yes, the one who multiboxes at events has already went around and bought up every wrestling II and I primer from VS. I saw him doing it earlier... the same one who stands outside his Luna house and gates endlessly to his auction safes. With that said, this will cut out 90% of the scripting. Small houses will not be worth it much, and all shards are off the question. Before, he could simply put 1 single bot at every house on every shard and have that bot run to each chest and take his choice of items. He was never there, he was always afk. He did it while sleeping most of the time, as that is when IDOCs fall.

Of course he will be at the museums and castles with tons of good stuff, but that cannot be helped. This is a huge step forward. And taking out the small time scripters means 98% less scripters. Trust me, this will be a little hard for those other 4 too, their characters will pick up tons of junk and have to empty it out. Not only that, Everyone knows the exact time now, and locations. Those 2 or 4 guys won't even bother with the small houses anymore. They will be targeting a lot more castles I assume, on random far away shards. This helps out a ton bro, trust me. Everyone there loved it already.
I forgot that guys name... he works a mid-level IT job.. from the west coast....really spends a lot of time making little boy money in UO....god whats his name... kind of a sad story type of guy... name is escaping me... he's like a resource scripter, just with more time on his hands... is it Mr Mediocrity? I think that's it?