• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Message Seen When You Tame Certain Creatures?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tamed a greater dragon this morning and saw a message in my journal that was new to me: "Your subjugation of the creature has caused it to become weakened from its natural state." Went and tamed a hiryu after that and got the same message. Did not get the message upon successfully taming a mediocre regular dragon.

Both the greater dragon and the hiryu ended up with the decreased stats and skills I expected, so nothing new there. I just don't recall seeing that message before. Is it new? For some reason, it seems vaguely familiar and I don't know why. I could swear I've never gotten it before when taming greater dragons and hiryus.

I'm not complaining about the message at all. Just wondering if I'm losing my mind or something.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive never gotten the message, have never heard of anyone getting it either. It might be a new message, but I dont think it does anything new. When you tame animals their skills and stats always go down after you tame them. Maby its just letting you know now.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, reduced stats first appeared with the giant ice worms and blue beetles. You have to subjegate them in order to tame them. I think when they added the stat halving code for hiryu, cu sidhe (I've gotten it with them) and the greater dragons, the message was still there sort of, and just shows up from time to time. Don't worry about it. It doesn't effect anything. I've been seeing it for years off and on when I tame any of those three critters.

F

FishinFool

I think they added that for paralyze taming some years back. Is that what you were doing?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they added that for paralyze taming some years back. Is that what you were doing?
Nope, just regular old lead taming. No paralyzing involved. I know that the greater dragons and hiryus (among others) lose stats and skills when tamed. Just didn't recall seeing that message recently, and yet it still looked vaguely familiar.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That message has been around a while. It just flashes so fast you usually miss it.
Kinda like the message "that wasn't even challenging" when you tame something well below your skill level.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That message has been around a while. It just flashes so fast you usually miss it.
Kinda like the message "that wasn't even challenging" when you tame something well below your skill level.
I always play with the journal open. I've tamed close to 50 greater dragons since March and 100+ hiryus and 100+ rune beetles and have never noticed that message in my journal before after taming one of them. And yet it still seems vaguely familiar.

Oh well. I haven't played as long as a lot of you, so what the heck do I know. Still just a newb I guess.

:D

S

solina2

The rune beetle (purple one) does give that message after you have beaten it enough; and that has been in place since they introduced them.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cu sidhes in KR always give that message, even when no paralyzing or beating down or subjugation of any kind was used. It's a bug in KR. I'm not sure if it affects other pets, or the 2D client, though.

I get that message every single time I tame a cu sidhe, freshly born with no peace, disco, fighting, paralyze... nothing but a plain ol' lead tame.

Note that in the case of the cu sidhes in KR, they do NOT get the penalty that is normally associated with subjugation even when you see that message (assuming you did not subjugate the dog). So the message itself is a bug. I tested it with friends, taming a pup normally then using subjugation. The effect on resists works properly but you get that message anyway, even without subjugating the creature.