• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] (New Mage) Advice?

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

StaticOnAtlantic

I just want to run mobs, peerless etc. I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had a pvp or PVM char. I have never did mel or anything like that (I know i know 8 years and Ive never done it)

So this is my thought on a temp

120 mage
120 med
120 eval
120 necro
120 spirit speak
120 Spellweaving

I just want to do solos etc atleast try to. I just want a really nice powerful temp.

Also suggestions on gear. I have the gold Why not Spend it right?

I was figuring

Human-

Hom
Inquis
AOF
orny
crystaline
Nice SC Wep aswell

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So this is my thought on a temp

120 mage
120 med
120 eval
120 necro
120 spirit speak
120 Spellweaving

I was figuring

Human-

Hom
Inquis
AOF
orny
crystaline
Nice SC Wep aswell
Template looks good, pal. Versatile, powerful, and straight forward. You might consider stoning between 120 weaving and 120 resist, depending on what (or who) you're fighting.

Pretty common PvP necro/mage suit includes:
Folded Steel Glasses
AOF
Inquis
Orny
Crystalline
Quiver of infinity
CC
Totem of the Void (or alchemy tally, if you have enough lmc on your suit)
Mage weapon (No casting penalty, unless you also wear a +1 fc shield, such as the arcane shield. 2/6 is a must. Also, for weaving, you should consider holding a 1fc book/1fc shield, as weaving is capped at 4/6.)

For your neck, arms, and legs, you're looking to bring yourself to 40 lmc and as much mr as possible. Once you put the suit together and train up your skills, you'll be set with a pretty awesome toon.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

S

StaticOnAtlantic

any suggestions for some books to maybe have? thanks again

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, I have a toon (pictured in my avatar) who runs this exact template. When I play him, I carry 4 items with me.

1) -25 mage weapon, no -fc, 15 dci: I use this to PvP, as it keeps a hand free for pot and my dci up.

2) -20 mage weapon, -1fc, around 50 hml, 50 hf, and 40 di; I also carry an arcane shield to make up for the -1fc. I use this for low-level mobs (champs, especially). Keeps my dci up and my mana filled.

3) 30 sdi invasion book: I use this for high level mobs, such as peerless, when I'm trying to boost my sdi to the max.

4) Scrappers, 25 sdi, 1/1: I throw this on when I'm using WOD at the end of a champ or peerless, for the 4/6.

Honestly, you'd probably be fine carrying a scrappers for high level mobs and a mage weapon for everything else.