• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) New Mag Vendors?

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one of the new vendors as soon as I was able to sell my potions. They seem great since I do not need to work out what people would like to buy. But for some reason, no one is using mine :(

I am selling all "normal" potions for 200 per, 250 for GP, 300 for DP/Necro pots.

I have (upto day) tryed to keep my new vendors (both at D1 in Tra/Fel) at about the 30K mark. But no one is buying from them, so wasting both my real pocket money and ingame gold in vendor fees. (both vendors cost 2M/week).

So let me know what I am doing wrong for selling on them vendors, I would like to know :)

P.S. I do not use scripts to make them, just muti client accounts. 1 Client buys and 3 craft using the max button :p

5% Luck

Well I have noticed the price on potions skyrocketed since I came back to the game. For me a potion is,say greater cure, 7 garlic x 3 gold 21 + a bottle 5 gold or 26 gold per potion. Now your saying your marking them up 300%?

Damm thats just plain wrong!

Ive seen your vendor and when I looked at it I was shocked at the pricing but.. as I look around I realize that is the Luna norm. When I left a keg of GC was 4k-6k thats 40-60 gold a pop and a free keg!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you asking me if theres a meta-physical influence keeping people from using your vendors because you have nothing to do with scripting or selling gold on e-bay ?

:redx:

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cost = greater cure, 7 garlic x 3 gold 21 + a bottle 5 gold or 26 gold per potion.
Most of my prices are under the "Luna Norm". Side note, your pot price is out of line, you can not get bottles at that price anymore. I pay 5-20 on faction vendors which I control. So that is 15 GP (rounded up) per pot, with 32,000 bottles per vendor per day (320,000 per 10 per day)

Are you asking me if theres a meta-physical influence keeping people from using your vendors because you have nothing to do with scripting or selling gold on e-bay ?
No, but "I got a feeling" that people would say I can only do this by scripting, so I added that so this question would not get dis-railed about scripting. Now please, if you have any more questions about scripting, please go ask a scripter. I heard there are a lot on a website called Google.com

[Only joking]

5% Luck

There are plently of places you can get bottle cheap still. Heck you can make em for free with sand now! But there is a difference in faction vendors if you look carefully. The ones they drop at the bank are~20 gp a bottle. The ones you find near the seigle on the other hand are more in the 2 gp range. At least where I shop.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plently of places you can get bottle cheap still. Heck you can make em for free with sand now! But there is a difference in faction vendors if you look carefully. The ones they drop at the bank are~20 gp a bottle. The ones you find near the seigle on the other hand are more in the 2 gp range. At least where I shop.
If you what to supply me at 10GP per bottle I will take all you can give :)

I will even turn my vendors on to accept the things at 10GP :p

L

Lightningstrike

200-350 GP per potion??? Really!? At those prices look to sell no potions and watch for the vendor fees to continue to bleed you dry. Bad thing is that by now you have lost so much gold in vendor fees that even if you bring them down to a reasonable price you may end up on the loosing end anyway.

L

Lightningstrike

I am just curious, your profile says that your location is Siege P. I was wondering if you happened to know by any chance that this was an Atlantic forum. Just sayin. I just wanna make sure no one gets lost.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your prices are too high.
Lower your prices.
People will buy.
Don't base your prices off Luna.
You want 5 gold bottles? I can steach ya how to get them quickly about 3000 bottles per day. If you want bottles averaging 10 gold, I can teach ya how get 33,000 per day.

If you control the faction vendor bottle sellers....thank you for making me a mint. I usually buy bottles at 5-10 gold and sell them to bottle sellers or other NPCs for 30-40 gold depending on the prices.

Cheapest price to make greater heals:
7 ginseng at 2 gold each at faction vendors = 14
1 bottle at 5 gold each = 5
Total = 19

Add in 50 gold for your profit for time to gather reags and make per potion
69 gold
Round it off to 75 gold to cover fees.

Put a buy for greater heals at 40 or 45 gold.

All potions are not equal. So pricing will differ.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also lower your inventory.
No sense in holding all that inventory until your vendor makes a name for himself and starts selling and the bazaar catches on a bit more.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I definately must have been blinded by the brillance of your bolt and got lost !!!

:mf_prop:

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on all the feedback, I have now lowered my prices in tram by 50GP and fel by 25GP

I will also be marking runes and dotting them about Fel Yew Gate and Luna.

I have also redone my Luna vendor to only hold 5K deeds in his base bag, (this as already worked and sold a large amount)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on all the feedback, I have now lowered my prices in tram by 50GP and fel by 25GP

I will also be marking runes and dotting them about Fel Yew Gate and Luna.

I have also redone my Luna vendor to only hold 5K deeds in his base bag, (this as already worked and sold a large amount)
Best of luck to you.
I believe 150 gold is still too high for a greater heal and imagine it not going well.
Prices like that encourage people to go make their own alchemist and potions.

Let me ask you, why is Greater Poison 50 gold more?
It is less money to make (13 gold using faction reagent vendors), and no failure rate at GM even without an alchemy talis.

On a side note you may have encouraged me enough to buy the pack just to give you competition at the bazaar with more reasonable pricing.

L

Lightningstrike

On a side note you may have encouraged me enough to buy the pack just to give you competition at the bazaar with more reasonable pricing.[/QUOTE]

Let the competition begin!

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey... whats a Warf btw ?
Its a Dwarf with the D cut off :p

Best of luck to you.
I believe 150 gold is still too high for a greater heal and imagine it not going well.
Prices like that encourage people to go make their own alchemist and potions.

Let me ask you, why is Greater Poison 50 gold more?
It is less money to make (13 gold using faction reagent vendors), and no failure rate at GM even without an alchemy talis.

On a side note you may have encouraged me enough to buy the pack just to give you competition at the bazaar with more reasonable pricing.
You find me a vendor who only makes 100% mark-up, You are forgetting that the B-vendors charge 5% on-top of anything sold, weekly fee on top, and other people trying to buy the vendor spot off you.

You go to an EM event, you can get an item that can sell for stupid money (over 100 mill), doom can give you a random item (0-20mill). People sell things for what the market will bear, if you do start your vendor at that price I might turn around and take all your stock if you do sell it at just over cost price.

Let the competition begin!
Lets see who goes poor first :)

:cursing:I expect to pay my potions at walmard prices in less than a week !
what walmard?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walmard is a big corporation that makes the sellers of toilet paper now sell for 2$ when it sold for 8$ for 10 years... all of this because they buy some from china instead if they don't cut their price.

it also has the effect of running all the small businesses into bankrupcy...

But people are sooo happy about it.. you can go in and see it in their smiles.

You see nowadays, those noobs gulp potions like addicts, so it sounds like its expensive.

But honestly... when I think bout it... it's freaky cheap for me, it shows you guys don't also play on siege, now THATS expensive.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About that yes... everything is rarer.

And it still seems to be worth it, for the good hunt or fight you're going to have...

the value of gold on the other servers is an illusion, all controlled by a very powerful entity...

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About that yes... everything is rarer.

And it still seems to be worth it, for the good hunt or fight you're going to have...

the value of gold on the other servers is an illusion, all controlled by a very powerful entity...
good to know :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should try, to roleplay that is, might bring you a few more customers ; just to remain on the constructive side !:thumbup:

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you do start your vendor at that price I might turn around and take all your stock if you do sell it at just over cost price.

Lets see who goes poor first :)
Lol, so if I go buy the pack and start a vendor I have a guaranteed buyer?
So instead of losing 2 million a week, you will now lose that plus what it takes to buy my stock out.
And then I would just restock, or since I would put a sensible buy option on my vendor, perhaps I could intrigue a few more alchemists in joining me to keep our stock up, lol.
Did you used to work for Wells Fargo? or Enron? or the government?

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dam it.

Fel vendor gone, tram is not much better.
Luna under cutters have gone nuts...

PRICE WAR!!!!
GO!!!

was 200GP per, now 100GP per !!!

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dam it.

Fel vendor gone, tram is not much better.
Luna under cutters have gone nuts...

PRICE WAR!!!!
GO!!!

was 200GP per, now 100GP per !!!
Congratulations in lowering your prices.
I think you are just about there and definitely in a range where you might get some customers now.
Honestly I hope you succeed as I think a good potion commodity vendor could be a great addition to the shard.
If you do start selling, you may consider adjusting your buy prices to replenish your stock without any work on your part.

Here is the logic, say you have greater heals start selling at 100 gold.
100 gold gross profit
- 5 gold for commission on the sale
- 5 gold for vendor fee (if it stays on for a week)
-19 gold cost to make (if you do it the cheapest way)
--------------
71 gold net profit for 1 greater heal and you doing all the work.

Now if you put a buy in for 50 gold and sell that potion

100 gold gross profit for selling the potion
- 5 gold for commission on the sale
- 5 gold for vendor fee (if it stays on for a week)
-50 gold cost to buy the potion
- 3 gold (rounded up) commission on the purchase
------------------------------------
37 gold net profit for 1 greater heal with someone else doing all the work.

Now that is if the 100 gold mark is the right price level.
I still think it might be a bit high but you will be able to figure it out through sales. You want it at a price that moves at minimum 60% of your stock per week.

So keep adjusting your prices till you find the right price to really move your stock...when you find that price adjust your stock level to what you can sell in a week...then put in a sensible buy level and sit back and watch your money roll in with little or no work on your side.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looking at your maths, (if it is all true). I might be redoing all my prices down :)

Currently, Luna is now 95GP since someone selling next to me undercut me to 99 GP.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update...
New line added invis pots. Thinking about adding cooking lines (E apples, GoW, etc).

Luna 95 all pots but invis 150
Mag (T) 90 all pots but invis 125

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you doing any rune drops? Word of mouth campaign? Are your guild members buying from ya? How goes the sales?

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you doing any rune drops?
No, every time I do, some noob picks them all up :(

They was labelled "Cheap Pot Vendor, D1, New Mag" [Tram]

Word of mouth campaign?
I do keep saying it in trade from time to time (D1 plot)

Are your guild members buying from ya?
No, their a guild supply in HQ

How goes the sales?
I would show a chart hear, but google does not what to play fair :(