• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New LOTRO Podcast: Casually Legendary!

A

Arlodas

Introducing Casually Legendary!

To begin, let's discuss the main question that everyone asks: "What makes you different?" Answer: Casually Legendary is a weekly podcast (and blog) from a casual gamers perspective.

I enjoy listening to the other podcasts (Shout-out to Ringcast, LOTROCast, and the new That LOTRO Show!) but felt the need to have something a bit more personal and consistently published. So, though you may not hear many dev interviews or hashing out of patch notes but you'll hear some great music, have fun listening to a pod that doesn't always agree with Turbine's decisions (but appreciates the work they do) and is dependant on user input and contribution. (I think if I ever had a dev on the show, it would be to answer some tough questions involving why decisions were made and less about things coming up. Why doesn't anyone ask tough questions anymore?)

I'll be reading off emails, shout-outs, Kinships recruiting on your server, discussing content and in-game ideas related to our play-style, my adventures as a casual player and when it comes up: news that matters to casual Lord of the Rings Online players. Simple eh?

I do plan on discussing serious content such as instances and book content, but going with the theme... it'll be from the casual perspective.

This is all about having a good time which is really what our LOTRO is all about!

About Me:

In real life, I’m a Dad to a beautiful little girl, husband to an amazing woman, and small business owner of my own private IT Consulting firm. Saying that I am a casual gamer is also a stretch as I’ve been playing LOTRO since closed beta and have just recently achieved level 50 with my main character.

Granted I’m also an alt-oholic and have other toons in their teens and a level 40 Captain. But the fact remains that my approach to adventuring through Middle Earth has always been bound by time and maximizing that time.

My podcast (and blog site) is dedicated to all those who are doing their best to balance family, work, and play. The developers at Turbine, and Tolkien Enterprises, have given us a great world to explore and I’m really excited to share it with all of you.

Here's the link to the website and blog: http://legendary.itclicksconsulting.com. I own http://casuallylegendary.com (and it will be replacing the former address as soon as I work out hosting plans.

Please visit, subscribe, and share your thoughts through comments and or an email. I am relying on user contribution as a big part of the show so here's your chance for your name in the media :) To contribute or give shout-outs or recruit for your Kin, just click the Contact Us link on the website and learn how!

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Arlodas, Hobbit Burglar of Silverlode :thumbsup:

A

Arlodas

Thank you all for the support!

The first show will be airing Wednesday morning and those who have signed up for the RSS Feed will be notified the moment it hits the airwaves!

There is still time to send shout-outs to your friends and kinships for this show! Just PM or email me and I'll squeeze em in!

Stay tuned!

A

Arlodas

Hoping that it happens early next week. I'm unfortunately waaay to busy to work on anything lotro related until Monday :(

But it is a priority of mine to make sure that it happens. :thumbsup:

Hope you were able to catch the show