• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New healthbars

Yumiko

Visitor
I am a long time Pinco's UI user and I like the new health bar additions overall, but I have one issue. I use the mobiles list to bard (provoke in particular), and the dynamic resizing of the buttons for properties make it very very difficult to select targets quickly. Would an option to toggle this behavior off be possible? I had assumed that the dynamic resizing of the buttons would stop when the "Enable Healthbars/Status Spell Buttons" setting was toggled off in the Healthbars section of the User Settings, but it does not seem to obey that setting.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a long time Pinco's UI user and I like the new health bar additions overall, but I have one issue. I use the mobiles list to bard (provoke in particular), and the dynamic resizing of the buttons for properties make it very very difficult to select targets quickly. Would an option to toggle this behavior off be possible? I had assumed that the dynamic resizing of the buttons would stop when the "Enable Healthbars/Status Spell Buttons" setting was toggled off in the Healthbars section of the User Settings, but it does not seem to obey that setting.
yeah, I think that is annoying, also those buttons have no use if you already have a target in hand...

So I did a small change: now if you have a target the bars won't open :D

Also I've re-worked the right-click close option so it can be used to quickly close pinned bars :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health bars, particularly pet bars are not updating. Sometimes you can close them and reopen and it corrects but most times, that doesn't even do it. Did the same thing in the roof encounter, wouldn't update unless you closed and reopened and then had to repin and all that so very inconvenient to say the least.

[18/07/09][09:17:16] Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar15 does not exist
[18/07/09][09:17:16] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

And I'm sorry but I absolutely hate the bars when they expand and resize, that caused me tons of problems from trying to heal pets on the roof, instead of hitting heal for a friend pets I kept hitting the "kill" and spent the first half hour trying to figure out what was wrong until i saw i was clicking on the expansion a little bit above the heal which is the "kill" button. Real bad for me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health bars, particularly pet bars are not updating. Sometimes you can close them and reopen and it corrects but most times, that doesn't even do it. Did the same thing in the roof encounter, wouldn't update unless you closed and reopened and then had to repin and all that so very inconvenient to say the least.

[18/07/09][09:17:16] Error in function call 'WindowGetId': Window Hotbar15 does not exist
[18/07/09][09:17:16] Error in function call 'WindowSetScale': Window MobileHealthBarSCALE does not exist

And I'm sorry but I absolutely hate the bars when they expand and resize, that caused me tons of problems from trying to heal pets on the roof, instead of hitting heal for a friend pets I kept hitting the "kill" and spent the first half hour trying to figure out what was wrong until i saw i was clicking on the expansion a little bit above the heal which is the "kill" button. Real bad for me.
The health not updating is not related to the healthbars, is a problem that sometimes pop up, it should be fixed with the last patch... in the end is a client bug that can only be fixed with workarounds, so I need to know patch by patch if it works or not...

The buttons are just a matter of habit, and now that the bar won't expand when you have a target or you are casting something it will be easy to target what you want :p
Obviously if you click random buttons without reading, you can't expect much :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The health not updating is not related to the healthbars, is a problem that sometimes pop up, it should be fixed with the last patch... in the end is a client bug that can only be fixed with workarounds, so I need to know patch by patch if it works or not...

The buttons are just a matter of habit, and now that the bar won't expand when you have a target or you are casting something it will be easy to target what you want :p
Obviously if you click random buttons without reading, you can't expect much :D
Well, in my defense I am used to seeing the healthbar of a pet or a friend, move cursor over it, click. This is the procedure and when you are in the heat of battle you do it quick and when the expanded thing shows up, not being used to it, the wrong button gets pushed. I also do not understand why the full set of positive actions is on mobiles that we are trying to kill, not cure or heal or invis.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, in my defense I am used to seeing the healthbar of a pet or a friend, move cursor over it, click. This is the procedure and when you are in the heat of battle you do it quick and when the expanded thing shows up, not being used to it, the wrong button gets pushed. I also do not understand why the full set of positive actions is on mobiles that we are trying to kill, not cure or heal or invis.
because there is no way to know what are you going to do :D
blue can be friends and enemies alike so it must works for all cases...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah ok, now I understand, never thought of that since I don't PK or PVP. sorry for muddying the waters.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah ok, now I understand, never thought of that since I don't PK or PVP. sorry for muddying the waters.
it's not just for PK, you must consider creatures like pixies and other blue, that are blue but you can kill, also in felucca (or siege rules shard), you can attack AND heal any creature (you will be flagged criminal but you can do it...)

Yumiko

Visitor
Having played with this for a few days, I have to come back to my request to have the bar resizing obey the "Enable Healthbars/Status Spell Buttons" setting in the Healthbars section of the User Setting and not resize if the toggle is set to off. For my playstyle this feature just slows me down and makes it difficult to target with all resizing. I NEVER click to cast spells. I have them all as macros bound to keys. I play with my friends and we are always partied together. My mobiles bar is set to hostiles (grey, red, etc). There is no time that I will ever use the buttons and the constant movement makes it much harder to target.

I like the grouping concepts (although I would like there to be a another list that has party pets when I am in a party) but the resizing has forced me to move to default UI for now. And I really would prefer to stay in Pinco's UI for all the features that I like and have gotten used to, but the resizing is a deal killer for me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having played with this for a few days, I have to come back to my request to have the bar resizing obey the "Enable Healthbars/Status Spell Buttons" setting in the Healthbars section of the User Setting and not resize if the toggle is set to off. For my playstyle this feature just slows me down and makes it difficult to target with all resizing. I NEVER click to cast spells. I have them all as macros bound to keys. I play with my friends and we are always partied together. My mobiles bar is set to hostiles (grey, red, etc). There is no time that I will ever use the buttons and the constant movement makes it much harder to target.

I like the grouping concepts (although I would like there to be a another list that has party pets when I am in a party) but the resizing has forced me to move to default UI for now. And I really would prefer to stay in Pinco's UI for all the features that I like and have gotten used to, but the resizing is a deal killer for me.
I guess if you don't use those buttons, it might be a waste of space... I'll add the option to disable them in the next patch...

About the friends pets, you can always use the "friends | foes" option, with the proper filtering you'll be able to see your friends pets easily...

Last edited:

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still losing updates to health bars. Not a big deal except on my tamer, then it is a really big deal. Sometimes it will recover after not updating for awhile. Sometimes I have to restart the client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still losing updates to health bars. Not a big deal except on my tamer, then it is a really big deal. Sometimes it will recover after not updating for awhile. Sometimes I have to restart the client.
With the next patch it should be fixed, in the meantime keep an eye out on if there is anything specific before it happens... :)

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say this sometimes happens when losing line of sight on a pet or mob. Going too far off screen or having a wall block LOS. Also, there is some weirdness with named mobs. Doing some Minax artifact farming, I have seen Balron's retain the health bar status of previous Balrons of the same name.

This is not empirical data, just what I have noticed while a pet aggro'ed a mob through an open door. Hope this is helpful and I appreciate all of your work. Pinco's UI is fantastic!

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say this sometimes happens when losing line of sight on a pet or mob. Going too far off screen or having a wall block LOS. Also, there is some weirdness with named mobs. Doing some Minax artifact farming, I have seen Balron's retain the health bar status of previous Balrons of the same name.

This is not empirical data, just what I have noticed while a pet aggro'ed a mob through an open door. Hope this is helpful and I appreciate all of your work. Pinco's UI is fantastic!
this is useful info, thanks, I'll do some tests and see if the changes of the new patch will work properly in those cases :)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this has been addressed since July, as I've been away for a couple months traveling - but as of now (Aug 13) my pet health bars are not updating. The training progress is updating but HP is not. It'll take damage and show that on the health bar, and then health will freeze at that spot. FYI!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this has been addressed since July, as I've been away for a couple months traveling - but as of now (Aug 13) my pet health bars are not updating. The training progress is updating but HP is not. It'll take damage and show that on the health bar, and then health will freeze at that spot. FYI!
Try to delete the folder inside user data called with the name you get by typing in chat: /script Interface.GetVariablesFolder()

besides that, the main problem is the client... there are some internal issues that after a while (or when something happens, nobody knows what unfortunately), the health update stops arriving from the server. This happens also with default UI and it will persist until you restart the client :/
I already tried to contact the devs too for that and other problems (like the lag during EM events problem), but I got no reply... so probably those are features and we should be happy to restart the client when it happens instead of reporting them as bugs :lol:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The health bar issue of not updating happens in CC as well, so it must be a server side issue.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The health bar issue of not updating happens in CC as well, so it must be a server side issue.
This is getting ridiculous, I mean they keep adding new stuff, making contests for houses, when the very core (and most important) part of the client don't even work... I've seen early access games more stable than UO that is far over 20 years old, and the most laughable thing is that they don't even care to answer (probably read too), when someone is trying to help FOR FREE -.-
Seriously at this point I think there are just bots instead of devs or the plan is to get out of business ASAP, I don't see any other logical explanation for this behaviour....