• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] new found enjoyment

• Thread starter Beastmaster
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beastmaster

I've never done much gardening in UO. I may have planted half a dozen seeds in the past. But with the huge lull in events lately I decided to try some new things. First off I went out and created a GM beggar (posts of my adventures in Beggar forum). While doing that I read about the new plants coming and decided to take up gardening. After reading the FAQs and in particular the one guide showing how to set yourself up to be able to grow any plants desired with 4 mothers and 1 father of some of the plants I set about doing just that. I figured since you can't "GM" gardening, do the next best thing. So my GM beggar/alchemist is now a gardener. He begs provisioners for cash to buy their bowls! :D

I grew a complete set of bonzai and gave away some to friends too. I've been growing, crossing, freezing and just have a jolly time each evening. The weekends were throwing me out of synch at first because I play at all sorts of hours then, but I gradually got it where I can tend all my plants in one sitting. Last night I planted my first bright orange poppies from seed I produced from scratch from bogling seed. :cheerleader: I think I have about 50 plants growing at the moment and look forward to the months it will take me to complete the collection.

F

Flora Green

That is great, Beastmaster! I think a lot of people underestimate the enjoyment of gardening (and the work that goes into it!). What a cool character to use for it, too. My lowly beggar must be a vampire since she only comes out in October. I should do more with her. Like stick plants in her pack. lol :)

B

Beastmaster

Rather than fill the investigation thread with more garbage I'll post here.

I spent about 5 hours gatehring seeds. I only kept 2 fragrants and went for the peculiars. I got 8 peculiar off each monster except the hiryu. I couldn't find a good place to do those. Damn pesky ninjas! So, I only got one seed off a hiryu. I started out as Glorious Lord and finished the same for those worried about karma loss.

The terathan WARRIORS have the seed and they were a bit of a pain to get with all the other terathans there. Also, the juka mages don't spawn alot so they were troublesome, along with the chaos dragoon elite (paragon) that had his eye on me the whole time. Rest of them were pretty easy.

B

Beastmaster

Well I went back to find some more hiryus last night just for the sake of completeness (and nothing else to do) and got another 7 seeds from those. Now I have 96 vibrant plants growing, 8 from each monster. So within a week I'll have the groupings all sorted out for sure.

E

Eslake

The terathan WARRIORS have the seed and they were a bit of a pain to get with all the other terathans there.
The spider cave North of Compassion Ilsh has Warrior-Only terathan spawns. 2 near the corresponding widows spawns north of the entrance, and 3 in the bone piles all the way East of that.

D

debsmad

(Totally off topic, and can be deleted afterwards, but....where do you get those 'My color is blue' signature things? I wonder if *my* color is blue?)

K

Kyrie_Elaison

How do you tame a beast?

With poppy seeds of course.......................... :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick: