• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] New fishups ....

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With SA came two new big fishes:
- Red Hering
- Mud Puppy
Both are used for quests from goblins and are basicly rehued and renamed big fishes. Both work with taxidermy kits for making trophys. (And after the latest patch it should be possible to also redeed them.) They can be fished up from any underworld/abyss-waters.

But ... I just was out doing some fishing on the high seas and got something new:
- Delicate Scales (Imbuing ingredient for UBWS)
Those came with a new text message:
'As you reel in, you notice that there is something odd tangled in the line.'

I cant say too much about numbers. I got 2 scales along with 5 sea serpents and no pearls from dryfishing 4 spots on high seas in fel with my trusted except sc fishing pole. I will try to continue over the day. ( As usually I fish 4*4. After those spots are empty, I am having a small break for necessary work and switching between those two. *g*)

Can anyone else report more? I am getting greedy. :drool:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*pants and huffs*

More stuff to get?? SA is certainly keeping me busy lol

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok cool, thats what i though.. saw the scales in my pack and was like whered the hell those come from? Got a silver sapling seed thing too..

I

Infiniti

Just finished up a fishing trip and got 6 delicate scales but no white pearls. Can you still fish up the pearls?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The RNG plays tricks on us ... but yes, you can still fish up pearls. Thought the drop rate seems to be lower than those for scales. (At least for my human fisher.)

I

Infiniti

The RNG plays tricks on us ... but yes, you can still fish up pearls. Thought the drop rate seems to be lower than those for scales. (At least for my human fisher.)
Thanks Silverbird for clearing that up. My fisher is also human. Now if only I could convince that silly tiller man that I am a female, hehehe.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's too bad the Mud Puppy doesn't LOOK like a mud puppy.

Mud Puppies are giant salamanders - the way to do the art easily, would have been to take the lava lizard art, and shrunk it to the size of a big fish (the LLs actually look a little like real mud puppies).

I remember when I caught a foot-long one as a child. My parents were separated, and I'd gone on a fishing vacation with my dad and one of his girlfriends.

I reeled it in (hard to do, as I was only about 6), spun around with it still on the hook say "Daddy, look what I caught!" - and the still very much alive mud puppy on the line smacked the poor woman right in the face....

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nice story Basara!! Hehe!

We just fished for the first time in perhaps over a year, hoping for white pearls obviously, but in over 2 hours we didn't get a single one?! Hummie male fisher, in waters around Dagger (Ice) Island. Is it now only possible in the Underworld to get them?
We used to reel in one at least every 30 mins we seem to remember. Did get 6 scales though, that's a funny msg abt tangled line, can picture the frustration of our fisherman everytime it happens!

G

Gowron

I've noticed that while the white pearls are random, it seems that the rate at which the delicate scales are fished up go in line with the MIBs, T-maps, and nets.