• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New EM will be hired for Siege

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hmm what exactly is "so expensive"? Gilfane (myself up front) is realy trying to provide even High End Loot for a reasonable price. Agreed, you will not get them for 10k!
I remember where Siege had alot of shops and alot of crafters. There is many reasons, that it do not work now, high vendor fee is one of them.
10k would be an ok price for a suit, that could keep a char alive in more than a few sec. It would make more work to the crafters as the PvM'er and PvP'ers would give up crafting and buy their suits. 100-500k for a ubber suit would be ok.
I also wish to get rid of Siege blessed weapons, it's very hard to sell weapons now, before a red customer would ordre 10-20 of same kind of weapon and maybe 5-10 PvP suits, useful but not ubber. They could afford to die and easy replace their items.
Items are based on normal shards, where it need to be hard to get them, as they rarely will lose them.
I miss the days of GM made armore and weapons. We did have ubber stuff too but I could sell lots of gm made stuff and the PvM/PvP'ers could easy affort to replace it.
Imbuing is our new GM made items but the resources are to rare or to expensive.
If the crafters get busy, others will too.
The point of Siege is, all need to depent of each others.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember where Siege had alot of shops and alot of crafters. There is many reasons, that it do not work now, high vendor fee is one of them.
10k would be an ok price for a suit, that could keep a char alive in more than a few sec. It would make more work to the crafters as the PvM'er and PvP'ers would give up crafting and buy their suits. 100-500k for a ubber suit would be ok.
I also wish to get rid of Siege blessed weapons, it's very hard to sell weapons now, before a red customer would ordre 10-20 of same kind of weapon and maybe 5-10 PvP suits, useful but not ubber. They could afford to die and easy replace their items.
Items are based on normal shards, where it need to be hard to get them, as they rarely will lose them.
I miss the days of GM made armore and weapons. We did have ubber stuff too but I could sell lots of gm made stuff and the PvM/PvP'ers could easy affort to replace it.
Imbuing is our new GM made items but the resources are to rare or to expensive.
If the crafters get busy, others will too.
The point of Siege is, all need to depent of each others.
I dont wanna seem like an ass but you really gotta quit comparing old siege to now. ok now that its been said.
There are some of us that to try to keep vendors stocked REGUARDLESS OF VENDOR PRICES i know GIL does a really good job at this we in i4ni try to have high end items on our vendors the problem is "i really think its only our 2 guilds that are trying to get these items in game the rest of siege waffles about the it"

SEE YA IN GAME CAREBEARS

p.s. crafters ya wanna put your items on vendors look into runic retouching you'll have to charge 200k prolly per piece but i know what ive been making for myself is pretty insane and if you dont wanna sell armor like that at least place your runic kits on vendors so the rest of us that are willing to pay them kinda prices for armor may do so

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I dont wanna seem like an ass but you really gotta quit comparing old siege to now. ok now that its been said.
There are some of us that to try to keep vendors stocked REGUARDLESS OF VENDOR PRICES i know GIL does a really good job at this we in i4ni try to have high end items on our vendors the problem is "i really think its only our 2 guilds that are trying to get these items in game the rest of siege waffles about the it"
GIL do a great job but without help from the Devs, it won't fill the shard with players. We need alot of new vendor houses and alot of new guilds.

p.s. crafters ya wanna put your items on vendors look into runic retouching you'll have to charge 200k prolly per piece but i know what ive been making for myself is pretty insane and if you dont wanna sell armor like that at least place your runic kits on vendors so the rest of us that are willing to pay them kinda prices for armor may do so
We did get great changes to crafting but I don't like, you have to buy codes for crafting tools to be a successful crafter on Siege. I rather saw more paying accounts on Siege, more players.

You can call me a carebear but more crafters, PvM'ers and other non PvP players will draw the PvP players back.
More chars to hunt for the Evil PvP'ers will give protectings work to the Good PvP'ers.
More Evil and Good PvP'ers will again mean more work to the crafters and draw more crafters back.
That's how to fill the shard and how to make the communities grow on Siege

Heavenless

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think timing w/ most of the EM events was a problem. Effective events seem to be the ones that have persistant elements over a few days (weeks). I'm still hoarding 20 pairs of majik flippers and dragon eggs from all those players that died and donated 'em to my pack. I'll start taking bets on when the new EM will disappear. Odds are 20 to 1 he/she sticks.

You don't need to' depent' on 'ubber' gear to be effective on siege. I wish to get rid of whiners who can't adapt to new situations. Although the trend seems to be whining until the situation adapts to you.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
definitely need a good spread of time, seige being the only shard with it's ruleset (well, non-asian one) we have people from west coast US to europe, so doing all events for 1 hour durations at a time for east coast only doesn't work well here, you exclude 2/3 of the shard.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are these fantastic GIL vendors? The places I check have crap on them. At least i4Ni has vendors that are stocked with good stuff.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the lbods to fill runics but i'm constantly running out of leather and ingots, especially leather. If you want to get more runics into the wild start skinning things you kill and sell the leather at a reasonable price. With the bribing too I could probably pump out a few barbed kits per day, but the costs of bribes on the high end stuff is pretty high, generally 70-80k per bump if you find a cheap tailors shop, so if you want more in the wild it's possible but 500k wouldn't be enough to cover it, probably cost that much just to bribe/buy leather.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There is an opportunity here. I know many of you wish to take the OP seriously. Fine, wear that chip on your shoulder. I dunno why you want to do that, but OK. Yer choice.

Me? I want to see an EM that is dedicated to Siege. Being an EM can not possibly be easy. The time commitment must be tremendous. Wanting to come and EM on Siege... well, that takes a lot.

Personally, I thought Mesanna's post was funny. I did not feel threatened, nor did I feel the need to make a big deal of it. Many feel differently. OK. Read into those words on a screen what you will. Written words... no inflection. No wink or a nudge.

*shrugs*

I am called a cheerleader by some. OK. That is easy to say. I have been labeled as worse things. This is not about me. This is not about you.

Siege needs and deserves an EM. Wrap yer minds around that. If you would rather not have an EM on Siege... well, stay home. Do not do any of the EM events. One thing I ask is do not throw a silly fit and ruin the debut of a new Siege EM.

Ask any of the outed former EMs... The training and preparation that goes into this is incredible. If any of us had that kind of energy and dedication... Well, Siege would be more populated.

Somewhere out there is a person that signed up to be an EM for Siege. That person is very likely reading this.

Welcome that person. It is not an easy task serving this community.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have the lbods to fill runics but i'm constantly running out of leather and ingots, especially leather. If you want to get more runics into the wild start skinning things you kill and sell the leather at a reasonable price.
Rothen, one of the people that´s been selling leather on his vendor has been away due to internet issues. He´s back now so I think he will start selling leather again soon. I think his vendor is at Vernia Market in Maginica...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Over 1k views. *chuckles*

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did get great changes to crafting but I don't like, you have to buy codes for crafting tools to be a successful crafter on Siege. I rather saw more paying accounts on Siege, more players.
this tells me that you have not did anything with the new crafting system i have no problems pulling off an crazy awesome suits with out the need to enhance it with the tool you buy online

spend more time playing to figuring out the game instead of complaining about it and this shard will be better for it

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an opportunity here. I know many of you wish to take the OP seriously. Fine, wear that chip on your shoulder. I dunno why you want to do that, but OK. Yer choice.

Me? I want to see an EM that is dedicated to Siege. Being an EM can not possibly be easy. The time commitment must be tremendous. Wanting to come and EM on Siege... well, that takes a lot.

Personally, I thought Mesanna's post was funny. I did not feel threatened, nor did I feel the need to make a big deal of it. Many feel differently. OK. Read into those words on a screen what you will. Written words... no inflection. No wink or a nudge.

*shrugs*

I am called a cheerleader by some. OK. That is easy to say. I have been labeled as worse things. This is not about me. This is not about you.

Siege needs and deserves an EM. Wrap yer minds around that. If you would rather not have an EM on Siege... well, stay home. Do not do any of the EM events. One thing I ask is do not throw a silly fit and ruin the debut of a new Siege EM.

Ask any of the outed former EMs... The training and preparation that goes into this is incredible. If any of us had that kind of energy and dedication... Well, Siege would be more populated.

Somewhere out there is a person that signed up to be an EM for Siege. That person is very likely reading this.

Welcome that person. It is not an easy task serving this community.
Don't disagree with a word you said (except that you thought Mesanna's post was funny, I saw no attempt at humor at all). I'm all for an EM. I'm thrilled we are FINALLY getting one because we deserve one. The whole point that has run through this thread, first pointed out by IanJames, is the attitude with which it is being presented. We are being slapped in the face by being told we have one more shot to make an EM work. I don't know why the others didn't work (I've heard rumors but nothing from the actually EMs) but the events I was involved with there was no mass effort to grief the EM yet somehow that's how it's being portrayed. I'll gladly take the EM but I'm not going to fall all over myself thanking them for what everyone else already has. *shrugs*

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You are a humorless sort, Dismas. I get that.

Please. For the love of all that is holy. Choose another banal, overused term of feeling insulted. The slap in the face thing... way overdone. Just sayin'.

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying not to post in this circle that keeps creating new pages of replies. I agree that the few events we had were semi bad time considering our range of time zone players. There is not a peak time on siege really. Theres a couple times where the population seems higher but its more one guilds base is on at one time and another guild is on opposite end of the day. I would love to see a permanant EM on siege but i think they would have to bend for our population, perhaps two events a day that are identical for both time zones. As for the original post i dont know what happened. We seem to be forgotten alot but its been that way for so long that you kind of get used to it. I enjoyed having EM drosslemeyer here for his event. I missed the last part but what i got to go on was fun. It was just a change of pace to me from the monotomous grinding that i do. As for crafters on siege, We have a few successful shops, Ive been slacking on mine but with that many vendors you get burnt out semi fast. You have to pace yourself, Part of the reason you dont see alot of stocking at most shops is due to the lack of players to shop. Everytime a new player starts or a player returns you have another customer thats looking for that stuff thats been sitting a while. We do have a large number of players that is in a steady climb, but these players are either all stocked up or are looking for certain items that the entire shard is looking for. I.E. 120 myst scroll.

Either way you look at it our shard, (besides the ruleset) is running differently from other shards just due to the low population. Keep in mind tho that we are not the only shard that has a low population. We are just the only shard (as far as i know) minus a EM.

okay im done here lol

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm interesting thread. Anyway, a new em is really exciting. I had a good time with drosselmeyer. However, as a red, leading the charge while carrying around an orc slayer book won't get me or others that have left excited. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if this new em is fully versed in siege culture, I expect some pvp events.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope that the new EM also will post times of events in every time zone as well.
If they would also fix our Sherry the Mouses, to work HERE, TOO, we would be hearing NEWS , seemingly about the arc events game driven and EM driven events, (BOTH probably) with a time included in some of the messages, that Sherry gives. When my Sherry the Mouse babbles about new news on Chesapeake lately, UNLIKE HERE, there are events she is babbling about [with the time, of some events], even, included in her messages ! ATM our Sherry the Mouse statues on Siege, have no news at this time, which seems really odd, considering how much she IS babbling news at me on Chesapeake, & about every other EA UO SHARD but Siege ! :(

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm interesting thread. Anyway, a new em is really exciting. I had a good time with drosselmeyer. However, as a red, leading the charge while carrying around an orc slayer book won't get me or others that have left excited. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if this new em is fully versed in siege culture, I expect some pvp events.
hehe Well least here as a colorful red peep, you could attend an EM driven event. Many of EM held events on Ches. or other 2 faceted shards, are in TRAMMEL, so you would be screwed from attending em anyhows being one of our loveable colorful red peeps if Siege had a trammel, luckily Siege does not have a trammel. :)

That too is something any EM on Siege will also have to get used to or fathom, that unlike say other shards where an EM could be giving a speech or instructions about their event, here ya can have a Minaxer and a COM opt to exterminate one another, right in front of the EM giving or tryin to give instructions to their event, so they have to kinda go with the flow here that um...whilst giving some speech or instructions for us all to participate in their event/s their entire speech may become mayhem, and to go with the flow. . if they can. :) Course it also would be *nice* if those that normally attack each other, day in and day out, could at least WAIT a few moments to let an EM finish their directions too.

I only remember 'one' EM driven event that got somewhat interupted that way HERE, but just sayin' :) if ya kill each other 24.7 normally anyhows, at least let the EM when they do show up, finish their speechifyings, first. :)
Then again maybe a Siege EM should just become a red, or have 'the Power to PK' anyone that distrupts their speeching. lol ;) Siege is for them that do not wish to play a namby pamby version of UO, so if our EM maybe had the power to pks ya for interupting their speeching here then ... GO THEM. lol

But I only know/remember of 'one' EM event when that even happened here, and it was a young whippersnapper that is sorta a thorn in everyone's side whom plays here, anyhow, which leaves 99% of the other few em driven events we had here; go perfectly fine !

Which may be why I sorta took orig. OP's comments as both a bit of jest, and maybe a bit of a threat too. :( One thing about *written* comments is that sometimes a bit of humor or jest may not be seen as that, at all, without posting also a 'dancing pickle/brocolli' or 'smiley' after one's comment. :) Thus the jury is still out, debating jest or threat, could be a bit of both, too.

As for myself, whom does play on TWO shards alot as a 14 yr. EA UO customer, I just want [equality], we all pay the same, be it when they dev. new vet rewards that they design em for every shard's customers to get to have a new vet reward TO pick, unlike shard shields, sherry the mouses news events, game driven or em driven events, :( that every shards' customers get fair and equal attentions, all across the board per shard etc. or at least try to do that for ALL of their shards customers equally alike, thru a given year, no matter how different or unique any one shard may be, be it out there isolated in the outback like Oceania or Siege. Cuz we all pay the same, equally, as their customer bases, to play UO.

ok im outta here, done posting like CZ. Got vendors, to restock ! :)

M

MerchantAtHome

No you don't.

Every EM, no matter what server they are on is given equal support, time and resources to do their job.

Any failings are due to the individual EM in question and have nothing to do with 'lack of support' whatsoever.

It doesn't matter if your accusation is made up, or from a mysterious 'former' disgruntled EM who isn't named, you are wrong in your information and your comment is WAY off base.

Keep in mind that the EM program is something totally unique to UO in this Genre. Throwing baseless accusations around as if they are fact gives others a poor notion of a program that does nothing but provide each and every player that wishes to participate a good time and something unique to each and every server.

Remember that your words will be around forever. Any time someone types in a certain string of words they will find your post and the inaccuracies contained therein.

We now live in an age and participate in a genre were words can HURT. Perception and Reputation ARE very important.

Be careful with what you say, especially if it is baseless and not at all based on fact.
That is, in my opinion, a really dumb post for a lot of reasons.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember that your words will be around forever.
We now live in an age and participate in a genre were words can HURT. Perception and Reputation ARE very important.
These are good points though.

I just wish more people would embrace that, myself included at some points...

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left more than a few EM events, discouraged and unhappy by being griefed over and over again. EM Events, unless set up as a PVP event, should be about players uniting! Viva La Siege!

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are a humorless sort, Dismas. I get that.

Please. For the love of all that is holy. Choose another banal, overused term of feeling insulted. The slap in the face thing... way overdone. Just sayin'.
Yes Kelmo, we know, rah rah rah and all that. Your posts are as tiresome as I'm sure mine are to you and twice as nauseating. Keep being the battered woman, you do it well.