• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] New EM loot drop script

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna announced tonight on Sonoma that after this next patch a new script is going into effect where top attackers and healers will get the EM item drop automatically in their backpack.

A few things to clear up.

This is how the patch will work.

The event item drop would appear on one MOB. The top # of combination of attackers and healers will each get one item.

# of items is dependent on the crowd, i.e. say Atlantic where 100+ people attends most likely 20 rewards will be created vs smaller shards with 50 or less people attending will share 10 rewards.

But each of those who qualifies for an item based on attacking or healing will receive 1 item ONLY.

Mesanna wanted to explain this last night but the crowd got nasty real quick and since it was a celebratory event of handing out new shrouds for the EMs she didn't want to ruin their moment.

I hope this clears all confusions. But gotta love a healthy debate

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolute BS. Every item is just going to go to the same templates.

It reminds me of the Gem of Immort drops on Chessy. The same person got EVERY one of them , because he was a sampire and it went to the top damager.

E

Emain Macha

>"the EM item drop automatically in their backpack"
its very nice.

but it should be going to random person like SA AFs

Ziggers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How do you get the drop now? I almost always get looting rights at EM events but never get the event drop. Who will this effect the most? Did Mesanna mention if there will still be an open corpse suprise? Thanks for the heads up!!

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow... this just ruined events for me. Im on atlantic with over 200 people going to an event, not counting the lag, total BS. The system that they are using now is fine why change it? Here is a thought, if they are gonna do it this way, make it where a person cant get doubles. This makes no sence.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am definitely against the item going directly to pack... I have gotten so many items from corpses because people don't know how to loot.. and that is how it should be.

And as for top damage, just leave the system how it is.. seems to be working just fine.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Total BS... The system the way it is now is 100% fine there is no reason at all for this to be put into effect.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Total bollocks, did they even think this decision through before they made it? because its stupid :S

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Reckon we have turned the corner then. For a while I have thought we are transitioning from Archery Online to Sampire Online. Looks like this would complete the transition if it actually gets changed.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
This patch COULD already be on Origin because the recent event on Origin where they released the Hamhocks, all went to Sampires templates.

Interesting....
*Throws away News reporting programs to focus on being a Top Attacker*

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like certain aspects of this. The whole idea of it appearing in my pack is appealing. There has been more than one occasion where I have received looting rights and saw a box or bag on the corpse, but crashed before I could open either. By the time I log back in, rez, find corpse... etc. Whatever was there is long gone.

I'd say give it a chance and see what happens.

Perhaps Mesanna will post something about it and give us a bit more information.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whys it gotta be about most Dmg? Not everyone likes to play hard hitting chars. nor do we all have the money to build a char with the best of everything.

Luedeus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid to award to top damage

im fine with it going in pack to a random person who did damage

yep

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've posted in 2 other similar threads regarding this topic already, and have had rather lengthy bits to add in there. The long and short of it is, it wasn't broke to begin with, and didn't need fixing. But now that it's in the spotlight, (over glaring flaws in the game that are probably more important, but this is somehow important too), my suggestion in as few words as I can manage it: If you show up and deal x amount of damage and or you heal x amount of damage, then you are entitled to click reward clicky thing at the end of an event. This amount does not have to be astronomical, but should reflect that you put forth serious effort in the event.

To further elaborate.. These events should be more about the interactive and role play or quizzes and puzzles aspects and enjoyment rather than GIVE ME ITEM prz thanks.

TL; DR

This doesn't need to be messed with before fixing the shield always being in the hand closest to the person viewing the screen thing. And that isn't really that bothersome either.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Overpowering spells and pets will have their damages adjusted accordingly.
Whys it gotta be about most Dmg? Not everyone likes to play hard hitting chars.

These two lines of thinking contradict each other to me *shrugs*. Personally I am not to keen on having anyones damage "adjusted" if that is the trek that is taken. To me that would be a slippery slope, and would open the door for more of the dreaded "EM blocks me from getting an item by *fill in the blank here*" crap that spews fairly regularly, unjustly so in my opinion.

Either way, hopefully we will get an official word from someone on what is being considered. Not that I do not trust Manti's post, just that sometimes communication breakdowns do happen when info is relayed from person x to person y and then to the masses, through no real fault of either person x or person y.

K

Kralock

I don't see what all the hubub is about, how bout this top 10 dam list folks get a 10% bonus to have an item drop in the pack, no more searching dead bodies over mounds of dead bodies. and at the end of a chain of events give a clicky so every one gets something.

As it is if you want an item all you have to do is get looting rights, or is some cases just show up, the events are not for us to get items but to participate in.

Healing list, ok if they can get it working go for it but sounds like a tall order of BS to me.

I always give out rez even if I don't know you and its WOD time.

I will say its time for dropping in the pack though, never got an event item off a corpse yet but that because i can only check about 30% of the corpse with some of the insanity that goes on, and i don't see why stealth looters should get the cake even if the cake is pie.

How about points that don't decay, what if you get points like doom but don't know how many you have, one day you get something at least!

Keep up the good work EMs :thumbsup:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
How about points that don't decay, what if you get points like doom but don't know how many you have, one day you get something at least!

Interesting idea. Best of both worlds there imho. Reward those that do their best to hit all the events, and still keep the rares community running along also.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
If they're coming out with this patch, I vote they create "extremely greater dragons" just so us tamers can match up to those stinkin' sampires. Very unfair and a poorly thought decision.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good idea, stops many cross shard people from looting corpses!!!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The event item drop would appear on one MOB. The top # of combination of attackers and healers will each get one item.

# of items is dependent on the crowd, i.e. say Atlantic where 100+ people attends most likely 20 rewards will be created vs smaller shards with 50 or less people attending will share 10 rewards.

But each of those who qualifies for an item based on attacking or healing will receive 1 item ONLY.

Mesanna wanted to explain this last night but the crowd got nasty real quick and since it was a celebratory event of handing out new shrouds for the EMs she didn't want to ruin their moment.

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolute BS. Every item is just going to go to the same templates.

It reminds me of the Gem of Immort drops on Chessy. The same person got EVERY one of them , because he was a sampire and it went to the top damager.
Not true @ all. I used an incomplete focused mage char on an LS event approximately one week ago and all I did was heal [because I couldn't do anything else]. Got me a drop :]

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true @ all. I used an incomplete focused mage char on an LS event approximately one week ago and all I did was heal [because I couldn't do anything else]. Got me a drop :]
What's the item name that you got one week ago on LS?

About the discussion on this thread, Ill wait for proper and exact information on how the the system will give a reward to a top damager or to a healer.
Btw, anyone really think the devs coded a system where a character that is healing other chars near the boss will get credits as a "healer?" hahahahaha no way.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed feelings about this now that more details are coming out. This will eliminate the looting programs which I am in 100% in favor of. When you have been collecting for along time you start to notice patterns on these forums, with the same small group of people getting items at every event. No one is that lucky!. I think that is why this is coming out. Will this just create a new group of the same people getting items, probably at first. But at least now you can have something to strive for. Getting a item is totally in your hands now and if ya need to make better characters so be it. I know I have to but that is better than the alternative imo.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Healthy debate is always good in my book. Phoenix cleared it up a bit for me tho:

What Mesanna was talking about is an alternative system for awarding monster loot for event bosses. It is a modification to how the current Top Attacker system works. Currently, that system simply awards loot to the top X number of people who did damage to the boss mob. The change she mentioned is that the event bosses will begin to award loot not only to the top attackers, but also to those who focus on healing instead of dealing damage.

The actual way it works is fairly involved, and it awards credit for dealing damage to the creature, taking damage from the creature, and healing the damage it deals. The idea is to reward all who assist in the fight, and not just those with the highest damage output. It intelligently assigns credit in a way that should minimize exploitation.

I'm not going to discuss the system in full detail. It's set up so that you can't end up #1 in the list if you restrict yourself to one role, but if you do a good job in one role then you'll likely end up somewhere in the top of the list.

Now, the EMs are not going to change how they give out rewards. They will still give rewards based on participation via the objects that you double-click, and they will still give rewards as loot from monster kills.

The only difference here is that the loot from monster kills will also become available to the top healers as well as the top damagers. If you prefer to play the dedicated healer role, your efforts will now be rewarded.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so it kinda sounds like there using the same formula as when your at a fel champ spawn for power scrolls..

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know alot of people have problems with lag. So to make all parties happy why dont we do this?

1. Have some items that you can loot (such as item sin dungeons).
2. Have otehr items (same rarity) that pop in your pack.

The above will allow both parties to look for stuff people missed and for those who crash.

3. I also LOVE the doom idea. Get points that do not decay so you can eventually get something.
4. But I must agree, I find it very annoying when people show up and bad mouth the event makers or compain when they dont get something. its about the ADVENTURE people. You shouldnt NEED to get something that your just going to sell anyway. As a side note, if you are going to complain about events (EM or Game) just leave. We dont need to hear that you think the event is a bust. Try it yourself and see if you can do better (I bet you cant...).
5. If you are going to make it TOP damage, you might as well just have a clicky at the end everytime and not give out MOB items. Its unfair.
6. If they are purely set on top damage, just set it up so a different char type will work better. If you change the attack from physical to cold, this will help the necros casting wither. If you have a mob that you can provo or disco and that allows the disco'er to gain hit points for other hits, that helps the music people. These are just suggestions to help change it up a little rather than taking a tamer or a sampire to every freaking event.

All in all. Keep it random, why should someone who just started or cannot do damage not recieve anything? I feel that is discrimination. The doom idea allows even those who lag out or cannot do a ton of damage to at least get something.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do not looting all corpses. crashed, etc.
I want large corpses or drop item to Bag pack....

Asia Shard event example. About 20 MOB occurrences. item Drop MOB 2 or 3
dealing damage to MOB. item is dropped in the bag pack
everyone gets item. but Impossible to discern item Drop MOB
Already implemented this system in Non EM Asia Shard ( EAJ Event )

Recent event item
An Midnight Eel Pie
A Maple Leaf-Shaped Pie

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would think if Mesanna has the ability in Events to reward players for healing damage inflicted by creatures, this should be a system implemented for other scenarios in the game such as the virtue system, doom, tokuno artifacts, champion spawns, so on and so forth. If this is truly possible, why isn't it used for other aspects of the game? Unless it is, and I am not familiar with it.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna announced tonight on Sonoma that after this next patch a new script is going into effect where top attackers and healers will get the EM item drop automatically in their backpack.

Excuse me, but i was there and no one got nasty. People on Sonoma were actually very cool and asking questions about it and applauding Eira and Sangria for getting a promotion. Stop making things up please. Sonoma is one of the best overlooked shards in the game. Small, maybe a lil poor and lacking alot of items to sell on vendors but the ppl are more nice here than anywhere else.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok my take is that it should be a random drop like Doom gauntlet run. So random that a person hitting the mob twice may get an event item. Also slightly increase the amount of drops by 5% or maybe 10. Then the freakouts on ppl needing to get an event rare to sell for 50mil will maybe cease a lil bit. But if the new changes are geared towards the mass amounts of "crossharders" creating chars or using their xtrading toons that have a maximum of like 150 skill (lol) then this is awesome. I strongly believe that event items belong to the shard which they originated from first. Now this doesn't exclude ppl who play multiple shards but I'm a lil sick of seeing ppl's toons named "one" who pop in to get a couple shots in hopes of getting an event rare to just take home to their beloved shards. Pay for the sucker on the shard it originated from so it can generate economy for that shard. These are one of the many things killing shards and taking away the economy on that shard. I swear I should be on the Dev team. lol. maybe one day. =)

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me, but i was there and no one got nasty. People on Sonoma were actually very cool and asking questions about it and applauding Eira and Sangria for getting a promotion. Stop making things up please. Sonoma is one of the best overlooked shards in the game. Small, maybe a lil poor and lacking alot of items to sell on vendors but the ppl are more nice here than anywhere else.
I wasn't there and cannot confirm if people got nasty or not..... But, It doesn't matter if your shard is one of the best or not for people. Events are really well traveled nowadays by people from all shards. Coulda easily been someone from another shard spouting off. Its not like Manti was bad mouthing Sonoma.