• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Dragons are they bugged when tamed?

L

Lord Mike

After all the gimp tamers trying..and failing, to kill my red at yew gate with these new dragons I decided it was time to get nasty on them. I jumped on my Samurai with his dragon slayer arti sword, with Enemy of One and critical strikes I was doing like 50-60dmg while the untamed ones I do 60-130dmg or so. Likewise I jumped on my necro and with my Reptile slayer scrapper compendium, my ebolts were doing 20-35dmg while they were doing 40-60 to the untamed ones.

I can not confirm this but it appears they do not get effected by slayers once tamed...aka impossible to kill with 900+hp

I

imported_Sarphus

That definitely sounds like a bug to me.

I think for them to be balanced they need to be vulnerable to dragon/reptile slayer

G

The damage you do in PVM is double what it would be in PVP; is it possible that tamed pets (or perhaps just these dragons) are being treated as PVP damage and losing that x2 multiplier?

I wouldn't know; it's just a thought I have.

L

Lord Mike

Well I can ebolt a lesser Hiryu that is someone's pet for like 100-130 or so with my reptile scrapper. So it appears to work on tamed pets to. I know my dragon slayer sword destroys regular tamed dragons

W

Winder UO

if its tame then half damage taken from players.

HOWEVER

i dont think this is in game. it would be beyond stupid.

I

imported_Cysphruo

each dragons resists can vary dramaticly, theres a good chance you were hitting a dragon with good resists

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once you tame one just like their skills and stats the resists drop by a bunch too which would explain why you are doing more damage to a untamed one.

wait no it doesnt, thats a bug!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... They are just big Bovine... notice the normal leather on the first ones tamed :p

G

The pet Dragon could have been fully trained, too.

Just offering up some other considerations. Would be good to test out your damage against an untamed, a freshly tamed, and a trained-up tamed dragon. Also there would be more information for the bug report. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

How would the game know to make the dragon a PvP dragon and change the damage?

[/ QUOTE ]The shard adjusts it each instance: "is the injured a player? Y/N??" kinda thing. All numbers considered, players supposedly take half the damage that non-players would. It seems almost as though these 'buff dragons' have an error; like instead of dealing half damage to the players, they may be taking half damage from the players, instead.

Just that it's what it almost seems like. I dunno. Ask Draconi.