• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Dragon

• Thread starter imported_lindylou
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_lindylou

I decided to try to tame one of the new dragons tonight. I didn't have a clue how difficult it would be but I thought, what the heck? hehe

I took Leonilla to Destard and ran into a red super dragon right off. I died twice trying to peace it and got it near the entrance so I would take a try at peacing and then run out the entrance. I did this 3 times before I was able to peace the dragon and start taming. I tamed it on first try!

So if anybody is wanting a super red dragon, make me an offer I can't refuse!

I

imported_lindylou

I have no idea if this is a good one or not. I haven't read up on them as yet. I've gotten lazy in my retirement. LOL

G

Its not bad, but definetly not great. I do like them red like that =)

I

imported_Fran Fury

I lored one at the bank yesterday and it had 120 magery. I don't even have 120 magery..

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

I lored one at the bank yesterday and it had 120 magery. I don't even have 120 magery..

[/ QUOTE ]

Buahahahaha!!! noob...

C

Chango Pelon

Who needs 120 magery when they can have.... ONE HUNDRED!!!!! Muahahaha!!

That was a nice dragon though. Wonder if it ever sold and for how much.

I

imported_lindylou

Nope, hasn't sold. I guess nobody wants the sweet thing. I would take you up on your offer of your pants, Chango, but I wears dresses and no pants. Besides, do you really think Fran would want me in your pants???

G

Speaking of Chickens Chango.. have you seen the new Greater Chickens?
go look around the farms.

G

Miss White:
Do you happen to have its starting skills/stats in screenshot or written down? Love to see what start to almost finish was. I just was given a nice Red Super the other night. I Peaced it and a friendly tamer tamed him for me. Think mines highest skill was 110ish magery but am not in game to check right now. Also, I have been taking mine out to wail on cemetery critters and smaller no threat stuff to train a little. I fear losing him before he can bond lol. What are you training yours on?

I

imported_Fran Fury

Leia, I would take your dragon off your hands(even if just to keep you out of Chango's pants lol) but my stable is full. I want a super dragon still but it will have to wait till I say goodbye to some critters.

I

imported_lindylou

I had to do some stable shifting just to house this one so I understand. LOL

I

imported_MonkeyBusiness

What is the best way to tame a super dragon? Do you have to disco first or can you peace-tame? My Taming is 120, Lore 110, Peace 116, Music 115 - No Disco as of yet. I tried peacing one of these beasts last night and it didn't stay peaced for too long before eating me - several times. When I angered it, the dragon broke peace very quickly. Should I beat it down a bit? Take a strength potion? Any suggestions?

I

imported_lindylou

I didn't have disco, just 120 peace/music, taming/lore/vet. I did die twice trying to peace it so I could tame it. But I finally got it close to the entrance so that I could pop out and heal and pop back in and try peacing again. I also have all 70s armor which, as you can tell, didn't keep me from dying. hehe

When I finally was able to peace and start taming, I tamed on first try. Took me less than 5 minutes from start to finish

G

Well after trying hard last night with some friends Golddigger got one..but lost it in there trying to fight other dragons with it...its stats ended up pretty low after taming though. The next attempt caused me many deaths but after beating it down and finally Mrs.T got it tamed...i couldnt seem to get a good tame off on it...keeping it peaced was surely the way to go but it breaks out of it quickly....MrsT even had it discorded but those buggers cant get really mad at ya...but we finally got one. The skills are a bit lower than i would of hoped but were in the mid 90's on most and the stats were pretty good yielding close to 900 on hps...so yeah it was a pretty nice draggie. I think it is a keeper. We attempted to go in again and get another but the lag got so bad we couldnt even entertain the thought of trying it again....takes a bit of time but its doable.

V

Vahne

The easiest way to tame these bad boys is to build up your honor virtue a little bit and invoke honor on yourself. it should give you legendary or even elder tamers at least 2 chances to tame. And if you have peace so much the better. After honor wears off, area peace and run out the entrance if you fail the tame attempts. Rinse and repeat as necessary. It may seem a bit like cheating, but hey it works. it got me a nice 780 hit, 85% phsy resist draggy a few days ago.

I

imported_lindylou

I forgot about using honor. LOL I don't play enough anymore to remember everything I "used" to know.

I

imported_Az of DSR

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe some of you tamer/vet types could cure my case of rabies?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks pretty advanced in your av... might not be cureable man

G

What I did the afternoon to tame a super dragon was:
- Find one. (lol, sorry)
- peace the Super Dragon
- beat it down while healing my Hiryu
- peace the Super Dragon again
- tame it (spammed the tame until it started)
- walk away from the Super Dragon while still in taming process
- get bit while walking away, took a fireball and a lightning bolt
- after the smoke cleared he was my new pet!

(took me about 10 deaths and by then the critter had healed quite a bit up.)

He is super cool (as he is my first Super Dragon tamed. So he is a keeper just because of that connection.

His stats:
Hits = 843, Stam = 61, Mana = 582, str 571, dex 61, int 582, Barding diff 134, phy 82%, Fire 90%, Cold 51%, Poison 56%, Energy 65%, Wres 93.5, Tact 89.8, resist 89.8, Anat 37.1, Magery 118.2, EI 59.6, Med 78.8.

He is (stats wise) good? I hope his Magery will get up to 120.

I

imported_catfish

is wrestling also stuck? or will it train up to over gm? mine had 128 wrestle pre tame and fell all the way down to mid 90s

I

imported_lindylou

That's a nice one.

I believe that skills are like those of cu sidhe, rune beetles, etc. If over 100, the skills will not gain higher. If under 100, they will gain up to 100 and not higher. Would be nice if you could get a pet to all legendary. hehe

I

imported_lindylou

I believe your dragon can gain up to 100 wrestling or any other skill below 100 but those higher than 100, will not gain.

G

gold digger

Med Eval stop at 100, magery never moves, not sure on anatomy havent reached 100 yet but all others go well above 100

H

Hellsgate

<blockquote><hr>

You don't have 120 magery either

[/ QUOTE ]

But i do along with 120s on all my toons. But I still would rather be a pirate.