• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Crafting Tool Problem

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right and I kind of figured this with all the add-ons I expect a little "lag" but wanted to make sure you are aware
I don't feel much of a difference, the FPS are stuck at 50 and lower just a bit when you run because it has to load the objects/mobiles around. The code could be MUCH lighter if there was some more instruments to work with...

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the Fixes, Pinco!
I love the buy/sell buttons attached to the nameplates of the merchant NPCs :D
I'm not able to test right now, but are the buy/sell buttons independently scale-able from the nameplates?

~Lia

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the Fixes, Pinco!
I love the buy/sell buttons attached to the nameplates of the merchant NPCs :D
I'm not able to test right now, but are the buy/sell buttons independently scale-able from the nameplates?

~Lia
now they scale with the target window :p

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hrm... I can't seem to be able to scale the buttons at all.
If I scale the nameplate, this is what happens.
Pincos_UI_Scaling.jpg

Hovering over the Buy/Sell just zooms my camera in/out. >.<

~Lia

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Pinco

I just came home from a School Concert and patched my UI. The buttons now scale with the nameplate. :D
I hope it's not asking too much, but can the Buy/Sell buttons be able to be scaled by themselves, or shrunk by 50-60% of default size? For some odd reason the buttons just strike me as large. :3

I understand if this is a problem. (And of course this is not even the right thread for this request) >.<

~Lia

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco

I just came home from a School Concert and patched my UI. The buttons now scale with the nameplate. :D
I hope it's not asking too much, but can the Buy/Sell buttons be able to be scaled by themselves, or shrunk by 50-60% of default size? For some odd reason the buttons just strike me as large. :3

I understand if this is a problem. (And of course this is not even the right thread for this request) >.<

~Lia
I've reduced the size as much as possible in order to keep them readable, and also I've improved the system so the buttons appears on the bottom if there are no details.

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the changes! :D
I discovered another issue with the Crafting Menu. I decided to use my Alchemist to make some Natural Dye. I have everything in my Backpack and it simply is not detecting the Plant Pigments I made. They are named "<color> Plant Pigment". I have one "Blue Plant Pigment" and two "Rare Magenta Plant Pigment" and they are not being detected as a crafting material.

Pincos_UI_Plant-Pigment.jpg

Thanks so much!
~Lia

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the changes! :D
I discovered another issue with the Crafting Menu. I decided to use my Alchemist to make some Natural Dye. I have everything in my Backpack and it simply is not detecting the Plant Pigments I made. They are named "<color> Plant Pigment". I have one "Blue Plant Pigment" and two "Rare Magenta Plant Pigment" and they are not being detected as a crafting material.

View attachment 13719

Thanks so much!
~Lia
try now :p

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was able to log in and test the update for Alchemy right before they took the shards down. I can now make Natural Dyes. :D
Thanks again for being an awesome modder and giving this UI so much support!

~Lia

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It seems that while the assistant identify wood pulp properly, I can't make blank scrolls using it.
When I click make, make number or make max, it just gets stuck in the "I am creating the item, please wait" state and doesn't create the blank scrolls.
The assistant can create scrollbinders, though.

I am using the latest build of your UI. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that while the assistant identify wood pulp properly, I can't make blank scrolls using it.
When I click make, make number or make max, it just gets stuck in the "I am creating the item, please wait" state and doesn't create the blank scrolls.
The assistant can create scrollbinders, though.

I am using the latest build of your UI. :)
now should work :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And it does. :p
If I find any other item that isn't being crafted correctly, I will post here. Debugging and testing all the possibilities is just too much work for a single person. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And it does. :p
If I find any other item that isn't being crafted correctly, I will post here. Debugging and testing all the possibilities is just too much work for a single person. :)
yes, there are 1049 craftable items in the crafting tool :D
btw you can also use the in game bug report by selecting "Pinco's UI", and if you have EC playsound running I will receive the report :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right and I kind of figured this with all the add-ons I expect a little "lag" but wanted to make sure you are aware
you should try the latest version, I've improved some cycle that should ease a bit the job :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you should try the latest version, I've improved some cycle that should ease a bit the job :p
Improved some still a little jumpy but is better :) just a matter of time and it will be perfect 500% improvement from a year ago working pretty smooth over all

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Improved some still a little jumpy but is better :) just a matter of time and it will be perfect 500% improvement from a year ago working pretty smooth over all
IF the devs fix the GetTerrainType, the performance should have a good boost, since by using that I can reduce the disk writing... :p

Last edited:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting menu not detecting Blank Scrolls. Using Inscription the crafting menu is detecting all raw mats except for blank scrolls. Makes it hard t make BOD book :)

Just to update I have tested this with multiple characters, and with multiple crafting skills. All materials are being detected so far except for blank scrolls.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Crafting two handed axes suffers the same problem that crafting blank scrolls did.
I will fill some bods today and with that run through more items to see if there's any other problems.

Since I don't run EC Playsound (5 years old laptop and what not :p), I will be posting them here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting menu not detecting Blank Scrolls. Using Inscription the crafting menu is detecting all raw mats except for blank scrolls. Makes it hard t make BOD book :)

Just to update I have tested this with multiple characters, and with multiple crafting skills. All materials are being detected so far except for blank scrolls.
Crafting two handed axes suffers the same problem that crafting blank scrolls did.
I will fill some bods today and with that run through more items to see if there's any other problems.

Since I don't run EC Playsound (5 years old laptop and what not :p), I will be posting them here.
try now :p

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That fixed it. Now for my next issue...lol After continued crafting (filling BODS) it just stopped working. Using sewing kit, nothing happens and this error message was logged over and over and over....7656:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'g' (a nil value).

This is then followed by crafting menu not opening at all.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That fixed it. Now for my next issue...lol After continued crafting (filling BODS) it just stopped working. Using sewing kit, nothing happens and this error message was logged over and over and over....7656:attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'g' (a nil value).

This is then followed by crafting menu not opening at all.
what item are you crafting to get this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've improved few things, now should be better.
I've also improved a bit the overhall performance with this change :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Clicking the preparations menu on the cooking assistant with the options to show the materials and sub materials causes the whole client to hang and stop responding. :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clicking the preparations menu on the cooking assistant with the options to show the materials and sub materials causes the whole client to hang and stop responding. :D
because the client can't handle too many window objects, you have to turn off the materials if that happens, there is no other solution :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I thought that was the case.
I turned it off and the window opened. :)