• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Crafting Tool Problem

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I'm having a problem with the new crafting UI. I cannot craft anything made from Leather or Wood. I've tried all 4 types of leather and the tool is not seeing them, same for wood. I set the Materials bag but it still doesn't see the materials. I am not having this problem with any of the ingot types, just leather & wood (cloth works fine). I have downloaded the latest patch. Not sure if this is a "user error" or what, but i have no problem with blacksmithing and tinkering. Thanks

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am also having problems with the new crafting interface. It seems whenever I unsuccessfully make an item, my character makes a loud and unnerving "sigh". Is there any way to turn it off? As I am skilling up, I get that "Sigh" a lot. :3

Thank you for the WONDERFUL UI!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the latest version solves the leather problem, but the wood is working fine to me...
remember that the materials container MUST be in your backpack...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also having problems with the new crafting interface. It seems whenever I unsuccessfully make an item, my character makes a loud and unnerving "sigh". Is there any way to turn it off? As I am skilling up, I get that "Sigh" a lot. :3

Thank you for the WONDERFUL UI!
sigh a lot, but what's the warning?

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Whenever I get any warning at all (like "Failed to create an item" or "Materials container MUST be in your backpack") my character will make a "huaaa" sound. o_O

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever I get any warning at all (like "Failed to create an item" or "Materials container MUST be in your backpack") my character will make a "huaaa" sound. o_O
I'll take off the sound from the most commond warnings, that should be less common :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Pinco, Leather works now. The wood issue was "user error" I was looking at wooden armor and it showed that I couldn't make any, but I didn't have materials view selected and I didn't have any bark so that's why it wouldn't show (doh - user error strikes again)... BTW I love your UI

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The crafting assistant can now see leather properly, but when I try to make female studded armour, I get the following error that crashes the assistant:
Error in function call LabelGetText: Window Generic GumpItem[RandomNumber] does not exist.

After that error happens, I can't craft anything else.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crafting assistant can now see leather properly, but when I try to make female studded armour, I get the following error that crashes the assistant:
Error in function call LabelGetText: Window Generic GumpItem[RandomNumber] does not exist.

After that error happens, I can't craft anything else.
that's not an error, is just a common warning that happen very often...

if you can't craft anything else is just because you have no more materials :D

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh forgot to mention, that with the new crafting UI, I can switch to runics without having to move away from the soulforge to avoid the reforging cursor issue with EC. This is awesome!!!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, it happens when I click make on the studded female armour, which doesn't get crafted.
After that, I can't craft anything tailor related until I log out, and clicking other tools such as a thong or a tinker kit brings in the old crafting gump.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
that's not an error, is just a common warning that happen very often...

if you can't craft anything else is just because you have no more materials :D
I have 60 barbed leather on my materials container. :)
Every time I try to craft the studded leather female armour, it causes the bug and I can only open the gump and craft anything else from tailoring again after I log in and log out. Clicking other tools bring the old crafting gump.
So far, only the studded armour caused this problem.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 60 barbed leather on my materials container. :)
Every time I try to craft the studded leather female armour, it causes the bug and I can only open the gump and craft anything else from tailoring again after I log in and log out. Clicking other tools bring the old crafting gump.
So far, only the studded armour caused this problem.
that was fun, seems that the Studded Armor and Bone Armor used the same name of the category and the Crafting Assistant went lost :D
try now :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can now make studded tunic, studded leggings, studded bustier but I still can't make studded female armour. The problem persists for that particular piece.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a poblem with my scribe, where when I have all the materials to create a Flamestrike scroll, I can't select the "make" or "make max" next to the item description. it shows "Craftable Amt: 0" even though I have the scroll and reagents to make a many as 22 of them. (In fact, it shows I have 22 scrolls, 22 sulfurous ash and 22 spider silk below, but says I can make no Flamestrike.) "Make Last" at the bttom of the crafting gump works, but that is one at a time. Above that, it says I have "22/40" scrolls, apparently implying that I need 40 scrolls, not one, to make it (and enable the "make max" button).

Also: Is there a way to collapse the hierarchy that shows all the underlying materials that are needed to craft something? I'd like to be able to see many options in the same classification (i.e. 7th/8th level spells) without a lot of scrolling or needing to use the search.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

I'm having a poblem with my scribe, where when I have all the materials to create a Flamestrike scroll, I can't select the "make" or "make max" next to the item description.

Also: Is there a way to collapse the hierarchy that shows all the underlying materials that are needed to craft something? I'd like to be able to see many options in the same classification (i.e. 7th/8th level spells) without a lot of scrolling or needing to use the search.
It sounds like you may be missing one of the materials. One thing I missed before is that to scribe a scroll - you are actually making a copy of an original. Is your scribe holding a spellbook with the flamestrike spell in it? If not - grab one and that should fix it.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you may be missing one of the materials. One thing I missed before is that to scribe a scroll - you are actually making a copy of an original. Is your scribe holding a spellbook with the flamestrike spell in it? If not - grab one and that should fix it.
Yes, my scribe is physically carrying a Scrappers Compendium with Flamestrike in it. That said, it shouldn't be necessary to be *holding* it, you should just need to have a spellbook equipped *or* in your ackpack with the spell known in it. I have all of these in my pack, both the blank scrolls and the reagents.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a poblem with my scribe, where when I have all the materials to create a Flamestrike scroll, I can't select the "make" or "make max" next to the item description. it shows "Craftable Amt: 0" even though I have the scroll and reagents to make a many as 22 of them. (In fact, it shows I have 22 scrolls, 22 sulfurous ash and 22 spider silk below, but says I can make no Flamestrike.) "Make Last" at the bttom of the crafting gump works, but that is one at a time. Above that, it says I have "22/40" scrolls, apparently implying that I need 40 scrolls, not one, to make it (and enable the "make max" button).

Does it know where the materials are? I hit the same snag then realised I hadn't told it the reagents were in my reg bag - then I had to put the blank scrolls in the bag with them.

Last edited:

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it know where the materials are? I hit the same snag then realised I hadn't told it the reagents were in my reg bag - then I had to put the blank scrolls in the bag with them.
The tool sees all my blank scrolls and reagents in the top level of my backpack. It knows I have 22 of each ingredient necessary to make a Flamestrike. But it says I can make no Flamestrike scrolls.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

to collapse, just disable the "Show Materials" through the green button over the search...

about the materials, keep post what you find wrong, in the spells there seems to be a wrong amount of scrolls required :D

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to collapse, just disable the "Show Materials" through the green button over the search...

about the materials, keep post what you find wrong, in the spells there seems to be a wrong amount of scrolls required :D
Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, the tool seems to think that inscription needs the same number of scrolls as the mana required to make it (i.e. 4 scolls for Level 1, 11 scrolls for Level 4, 40 scrolls for Level 7, 50 for Level 8).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. If I'm not mistaken, the tool seems to think that inscription needs the same number of scrolls as the mana required to make it (i.e. 4 scolls for Level 1, 11 scrolls for Level 4, 40 scrolls for Level 7, 50 for Level 8).
the tool I used to gather the data is not perfect :D

try now inscription :p

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can now make studded tunic, studded leggings, studded bustier but I still can't make studded female armour. The problem persists for that particular piece.
there is no "Studded female armor", just the "Studded Armor" that is the female version and it works fine...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Now on version 5.86 it is. It was still causing me problems on version 5.85.
I will run through all the other items to see if I find anything else that isn't working as intended.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco! I love you man. Just used the Imbue Last Property Action and it's WONDERFUL. You have made training imbuing so much easier on my poor little clicky fingers. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there a toggle to turn the crafting assistant OFF ?

It has just taken me 50 times longer to fill a few pof bods than normal, click on Make number, and get "you must wait a moment for it to recharge' over and over each time I try to use it, cancel gump, rehit tool finally get the box for the amount appear, and it is driving me absolutely nuts, plus all the scrolling up and down trying to find the item i want to craft has lengthened the whole process. Instead of hitting 'metal armor' and seeing a simple list of stuff with a next page, you are forced to scroll up and down til you finally find the bit you want. It is just as bad on the leather gump, before I select 'leather' and there is a neat tiny list of gorget, cap, sleeves, leggings, tunic etc, now I have to spend time scrolling though all the stuff I DON'T want ie stichers mittens etc etc to get the item I do want. Please let us toggle this assistant OFF.

Last edited:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It has just taken me 50 times longer to fill a few pof bods than normal, click on Make number, and get "you must wait a moment for it to recharge' over and over each time I try to use it, cancel gump, rehit tool finally get the box for the amount appear, and it is driving me absolutely nuts, plus all the scrolling up and down trying to find the item i want to craft has lengthened the whole process. Instead of hitting 'metal armor' and seeing a simple list of stuff with a next page, you are forced to scroll up and down til you finally find the bit you want. It is just as bad on the leather gump, before I select 'leather' and there is a neat tiny list of gorget, cap, sleeves, leggings, tunic etc, now I have to spend time scrolling though all the stuff I DON'T want ie stichers mittens etc etc to get the item I do want. Please let us toggle this assistant OFF.
If you need to make item for the Bod, Jut type in the name in the item search box. Takes you right where you need to be.
To make the menu a bit smaller next to te search box is a green button. Turn off show sub materials and show all skills.

When i want to quickly fill my Bod, I enter the amount of items for the Bod first and when i'm about half of the item crafted i press my auto-fill BoD button. (Can be found Actions menu /Pinco's UI). By the time all items are crafted the Bod is filled. :)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, is there an option to disable the new crafting layout pls? Tyyy

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

if you are using the latest version of the UI, you have the categories. Also if you disable the materials you don't have any problem with scrolling. I don't know what you mean with the thing of "you must wait a moment for it to recharge".
The last version has the same item order of the old gump and you can type a name with quotes to search something with an exact name.

Pinco, is there an option to disable the new crafting layout pls? Tyyy

Instead of turning it off, just expain your problems so I can improve it. Turning it off is just like hiding the dust under the carpet.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you need to make item for the Bod, Jut type in the name in the item search box. Takes you right where you need to be.
To make the menu a bit smaller next to te search box is a green button. Turn off show sub materials and show all skills.

When i want to quickly fill my Bod, I enter the amount of items for the Bod first and when i'm about half of the item crafted i press my auto-fill BoD button. (Can be found Actions menu /Pinco's UI). By the time all items are crafted the Bod is filled. :)
I turned those off, typed in 'tunic' in the search box for sewing kit tool, and got nothing, type in metal shield in smith tool also get nothing, just sits on the main opening screen, so no idea how the search thing is supposed to work. Just seems a lot bulkier, a lot larger gump, for minimal benefit. The imbue last property item has been on the imbuing gump for as long as I have been imbuing so not sure what Zeke was referring to as part of this new 'assistant'. I mean it is great if you like it, however the ability to just use the old gump per individual tool would be nice.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you are using the latest version of the UI, you have the categories. Also if you disable the materials you don't have any problem with scrolling. I don't know what you mean with the thing of "you must wait a moment for it to recharge".
The last version has the same item order of the old gump and you can type a name with quotes to search something with an exact name
I turned off the materials stuff as per farc's instructions which certainly improved it. TMI is not always a great thing. As for 'you must wait a moment for it to recharge' I figured it out eventually. Your assistant does NOT use the tool you select. I had 20 pair of tongs in my pack (my preferred b/s tool as they only weigh 1 stone as opposed to 3-5) and even though the tongs were clicked to open the menu your program only wanted to select the hammer of hephaestus I carry as an 'emergency' tool. Which I didn't realise until it drained it of its charges, and would not use the tongs until such time as I took the hammer out of my pack and left NOTHING but tongs there.

I really don't want to 'type' a name in quotes to search. I found it simpler to click leather, leather sleeves, make. Having to type in the name of something takes a lot more key strokes. I don't think I was using the 'quotes' etiher which is why I was not getting anything when trying to search after farc's instructions either so guess I will try that later. I do find the text very small to read as well, and don't want to have to have the box covering half my screen to read it, the font size needs increasing without the box size scaling up at the same time. I had to go back to the old format for tooltips as well for this reason, the box was large but the text way too small.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last version has the same item order of the old gump and you can type a name with quotes to search something with an exact name.

Instead of turning it off, just expain your problems so I can improve it. Turning it off is just like hiding the dust under the carpet.
Was thinking about "less info and better layout" in order to make it simpler and clearer for players:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned off the materials stuff as per farc's instructions which certainly improved it. TMI is not always a great thing. As for 'you must wait a moment for it to recharge' I figured it out eventually. Your assistant does NOT use the tool you select. I had 20 pair of tongs in my pack (my preferred b/s tool as they only weigh 1 stone as opposed to 3-5) and even though the tongs were clicked to open the menu your program only wanted to select the hammer of hephaestus I carry as an 'emergency' tool. Which I didn't realise until it drained it of its charges, and would not use the tongs until such time as I took the hammer out of my pack and left NOTHING but tongs there.

I really don't want to 'type' a name in quotes to search. I found it simpler to click leather, leather sleeves, make. Having to type in the name of something takes a lot more key strokes. I don't think I was using the 'quotes' etiher which is why I was not getting anything when trying to search after farc's instructions either so guess I will try that later. I do find the text very small to read as well, and don't want to have to have the box covering half my screen to read it, the font size needs increasing without the box size scaling up at the same time. I had to go back to the old format for tooltips as well for this reason, the box was large but the text way too small.
The assistant pick the tool randomly, clicking the tool is just to open the assistant... if it uses just the tool you clicked will be a mess like the old gump, this one automatically pick the tool so you don't have to think about it anymore :p

If you don't like to type, the categories stills there, and also have the same item order of the old gumps so it's the same...

Are you sure your UI scale is not too low? that will surely cause the problem of font size... You should keep the UI scale high and then scale the other windows later with the scale mode, especially if your screen is not huge...
The font size is 13-16 and no less so if you see it too small, probably your UI scale is too low...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was thinking about "less info and better layout" in order to make it simpler and clearer for players:

View attachment 13641

View attachment 13642
this way to show the material cannot work. There are items with 5 or more materials. If you don't like as tree child you can always disable it through the options and have them as tooltip :p
Showing the materials as tree child is there because some materials could be craftable so you can do it directly, and also provide the info on where to get the materials that cannot be crafted.

The rest of the layout idea seems good, I will give it a try :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I turned those off, typed in 'tunic' in the search box for sewing kit tool, and got nothing, type in metal shield in smith tool also get nothing, just sits on the main opening screen, so no idea how the search thing is supposed to work. Just seems a lot bulkier, a lot larger gump, for minimal benefit. The imbue last property item has been on the imbuing gump for as long as I have been imbuing so not sure what Zeke was referring to as part of this new 'assistant'. I mean it is great if you like it, however the ability to just use the old gump per individual tool would be nice.
I know that the imbue last property is on the imbue menu, what I'm talking about is that Pinco made an ACTION called imbue last property that you can drag down to a bar and set a key to it instead of clicking on the gump. You can also use the ACTTION in a macro. I created a simple macro, Imbue last property, Wait For Target, Target Last Target and set it to repeat 9 times. So now when i'm training Imbuing i don't have to click the gump, click the taret over and over. I hit my macro key and it imbues the same property on the same item 10 times (or 10 attempts) then I hit it again. That saved 20 Clicks each time. When I get the msg that you can no longer gain by imbuing this item, I then use the Imbue last prop manually and target the next item, then press my macro and save and 20 clicks. When training imbuing, i have 20 items in the bag and it's 40-50 imbues (2 clicks eac) on each item before you switch to next. That required clicking well over a THOUSAND times. Now I just hit a key 3 to 5 times on each item. So yes this is a great feature and thanks again Pinco. BTW this is not on the new crafting gump since Imbuing is not on the gump...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know that the imbue last property is on the imbue menu, what I'm talking about is that Pinco made an ACTION called imbue last property that you can drag down to a bar and set a key to it instead of clicking on the gump. You can also use the ACTTION in a macro. I created a simple macro, Imbue last property, Wait For Target, Target Last Target and set it to repeat 9 times. So now when i'm training Imbuing i don't have to click the gump, click the taret over and over. I hit my macro key and it imbues the same property on the same item 10 times (or 10 attempts) then I hit it again. That saved 20 Clicks each time. When I get the msg that you can no longer gain by imbuing this item, I then use the Imbue last prop manually and target the next item, then press my macro and save and 20 clicks. When training imbuing, i have 20 items in the bag and it's 40-50 imbues (2 clicks eac) on each item before you switch to next. That required clicking well over a THOUSAND times. Now I just hit a key 3 to 5 times on each item. So yes this is a great feature and thanks again Pinco. BTW this is not on the new crafting gump since Imbuing is not on the gump...
with EC profile manager you can also make the macro repeat many more times than the default 10 :p

Liavain Axon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Pinco, I just discovered that I cannot craft any Mysticism scrolls with Inscription that contain "Dragon's Blood". Apparently the "Dragon's Blood" that is listed in the ingredients list is the old rare Dragon's Blood and not the ones that are currently used. The used "Dragon's Blood" is yellow, not green. :)

Pincos_UI_D-Blood.jpg

Also, I seem to be having a strange issue with the crafting menus as well as any menu that has a scrolling list. The text will scroll outside the window and the only way to fix it is to overlay another window or close the affected window. I have no idea what I causing it but it is quite unsightly. :(

Pincos_UI_Scrolling.jpg

Thank you very much!

~Lia

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've used the Prolfile Tool to copy the profiles and macros from one char to another, but didn't see where you can increase the Repeat above 10. Am I missing something?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I just discovered that I cannot craft any Mysticism scrolls with Inscription that contain "Dragon's Blood". Apparently the "Dragon's Blood" that is listed in the ingredients list is the old rare Dragon's Blood and not the ones that are currently used. The used "Dragon's Blood" is yellow, not green. :)

View attachment 13685
the dragon blood problem should be gone now, if you find more of this items let me know (you can also use the bug report in game). Also if this happen again, it could be useful the type id of the item (and the hue too) or for certain items I could be unable to fix the problem :)

Also, I seem to be having a strange issue with the crafting menus as well as any menu that has a scrolling list. The text will scroll outside the window and the only way to fix it is to overlay another window or close the affected window. I have no idea what I causing it but it is quite unsightly. :(

View attachment 13686

Thank you very much!

~Lia
This is not an UI problem, unfortunately the game sometime is unable to hide the content of scrollable lists. When happen reloading the UI sometimes help, if not you have to restart the client. If this still happen scaling the window should get rid of this issue...

I've used the Prolfile Tool to copy the profiles and macros from one char to another, but didn't see where you can increase the Repeat above 10. Am I missing something?
the tool is not just for copy things, if you open just 1 profile (on the left or right is the same), in the macros section you will see 2 buttons on the bottom, 1 delete the selected macro, the other one is for the repeating settings...

Last edited:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got to say love the search through all containers even in other containers this has made finding crap in my house so much easier , now if we just had a search whole house feature ;-)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got to say love the search through all containers even in other containers this has made finding crap in my house so much easier , now if we just had a search whole house feature ;-)
customize the house, make all items go into the moving chest and then use the container search :lol:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
customize the house, make all items go into the moving chest and then use the container search :lol:
lol funny man , take me a week to put everything back :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
one thing pinco I am still getting slight "hiccups" when moving with your UI not near as bad as a couple weeks ago when you fixed it but still noticeable, mainly just moving like through the house or even outside kinda like its doing a range check about every 4-6 steps , dont have this with default at all so there is still something a little off... not bad but its there , if i get time i will make a little vid in both your ui and default so you can see it

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one thing pinco I am still getting slight "hiccups" when moving with your UI not near as bad as a couple weeks ago when you fixed it but still noticeable, mainly just moving like through the house or even outside kinda like its doing a range check about every 4-6 steps , dont have this with default at all so there is still something a little off... not bad but its there , if i get time i will make a little vid in both your ui and default so you can see it
you can't compare default with my UI on this, there are too many extra check. Default basically does nothing...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you can't compare default with my UI on this, there are too many extra check. Default basically does nothing...
right and I kind of figured this with all the add-ons I expect a little "lag" but wanted to make sure you are aware