• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tinkering] New craftable pets

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so I have no idea about this but due to the lack of info here on stratics, but I *think* I may have made the first crafted vollem on my shard :D

For anyone who is curious, the Vollem Assembly (as listed in the tinkering menu) requires:

1 clockwork assembly
1 power crystal
3 void essence

Then to make the vollem you need:

50 plain leather
25 white dragon scales

It ate meat when I gave it some, and was lore-able by a tamer friend (seems to have similar stats and skills to the promotional "summoned" vollem), and takes two control slots. I am hoping it will bond!! Took the little sucker out against some low level spawn, and it was one- or two-hit killing ettins, with barely a scratch to itself. Repairable with iron or bronze ingots.

My only other thoughts with these tinker-crafted pets is whether you can heal them using a repair deed, or if an actual player tinker needs to repair them. But overall, very fun... and I can't wait to try out the leather wolf and the clockwork scorpion!!

S

Salya Sin

Yes.. you have to do the quest with sutek found near the entrance to the Cavern of the Discarded.

Also...

I made the leather wolf.

On top of the tinker requirements to make the assembly, you also need 100 leather and one oil flask. :)

Anyone made the scorpion yet?

BTW- are you sure on the leather required to make the Vollem? I made one and I thought I used 100 leather. I could be wrong because I just grabbed a pile of it...

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to be pretty scientific with it, so went up incrementally (5 at a time) until it stopped telling me I needed leather and started telling me I needed scales.

The wolf was going to be next on my list - post stats/resists/skills please!!! Haven't made the scorpion yet, as I've found the essences to be far too annoying to farm and I'll be damned if I'm buying any of the new drops off player vendors yet lol.

Oh and update on the vollem - took an imprisoned version out with my fisher tonight, and its been making very light work of deep sea serpents.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do white dragon scales come from? Please don't say white wyrms.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a scorpion, its for my poisoner named Scorpio. :D

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I wont say it.

You can get any color scale from Ancient Wyrms, but it is a random drop. You might have to kill a few before you get the white ones.

Stayin Alive,

BG

S

Salya Sin

OOPS... yes... I'll get the stats tonight and post them in a bit. I'll screen shot it...

SORRY! LOL!

L

Luna Rossa

Yes.. you have to do the quest with sutek found near the entrance to the Cavern of the Discarded.

Also...

I made the leather wolf.

On top of the tinker requirements to make the assembly, you also need 100 leather and one oil flask. :)

Anyone made the scorpion yet?

BTW- are you sure on the leather required to make the Vollem? I made one and I thought I used 100 leather. I could be wrong because I just grabbed a pile of it...

OK sorry but I am lost. Where is the Cavern of the Discarded please?

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One need to run a crafter down to the Abyss, or is there a book to read that I can hand over to the crafter safely at home?

L

Luna Rossa

One need to run a crafter down to the Abyss, or is there a book to read that I can hand over to the crafter safely at home?
Where would I get the book? my crafter does have magery but I fear she would not fair well down in the abyss. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sutek has a house behind the cavern of the Discarded.

When you finish his quest you get a book. That book can be read home by your tinkerer. There is no need to go with your tinkerer himself. Just take any character to Sutek and his house and do his quest. There is no fighting involved . Just need to do a memory and reflexes test. :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is tinker skill needed to heal or res tinkered pets?

Just wondering who to give my bonded vollem to.

C

Camtha

The Vollem you get from the crystal and insta bonds is alive, thus can be healed with normal greater heals and vet (atleast i think so).

Now, crafted vollem (or any other tinker pet) cant be healed normally BUT can be healed by mystic spell healing, by spellweaving 'Gift of Renewal' and ofcourse by tinker skill.

Res is not possible since craftable pets (atleast should NOT) do not bond.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Res is not possible since craftable pets (atleast should NOT) do not bond.
anyone try to bond one of them yet?

cause they eat, which in the paat has meant that they will bond.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why do they give us tinkers love and then leave us hanging.
no bond = worthless to have / use

i had dreams of findally being able to fight back with my miner when some red comes to kill me while mining in fel.
or at least keep him buisy enough for me to make my get away.

but with no bondability that means they wont follow while recalling.

G

Gelf

I wanted to be pretty scientific with it, so went up incrementally (5 at a time) until it stopped telling me I needed leather and started telling me I needed scales.

The wolf was going to be next on my list - post stats/resists/skills please!!! Haven't made the scorpion yet, as I've found the essences to be far too annoying to farm and I'll be damned if I'm buying any of the new drops off player vendors yet lol.

Oh and update on the vollem - took an imprisoned version out with my fisher tonight, and its been making very light work of deep sea serpents.
you do know that 30 void essences is one of the rewards for the puzzle room by the death maze(lol),i've gotten about 360 of them so far

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can also get them from 50% of the Serpentine Dragons (give either black or white, randomly).

Should be able to get if you ask someone doing oaks spawn (as those people will often also skin those dragons for people to take the leather).

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found Sutek, but had no idea what the quest actually required, so my assembly decayed before I could even start on it. Anyone have any advice on what parts to take with me to Abyss next time?

D

Drawde2

None. Get the assembly and go into the center of that room nearby. The one with all the items in it. Use the assembly, then run up to and use the item mentioned. If it says logs, find a pile of logs and double click it. Repeat until it's done.

The hard part is remembering where everything is. You only have a short time to find and use any particular item.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None. Get the assembly and go into the center of that room nearby. The one with all the items in it. Use the assembly, then run up to and use the item mentioned. If it says logs, find a pile of logs and double click it. Repeat until it's done.

The hard part is remembering where everything is. You only have a short time to find and use any particular item.
That goes some way to explaining what went wrong, 'cause Sutek was out in the open, nowhere near a room of any kind, nor did I expect to need to find one. I shall investigate this further - thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just in: Clockwork scorpion - 1 clockwork scorpion assembly, 100 bronze ingots, 10 gears. Cute!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey All,

This thread is really old so I was hoping someone might have found the above questions:

How can it be healed?

Does it bond, and if so can you rez it?

Thanks!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey All,

This thread is really old so I was hoping someone might have found the above questions:

How can it be healed?

Does it bond, and if so can you rez it?

Thanks!
They can be healed using the "repair item" button on the tinkering menu, the spell Gift of Renewal, or the spell Cleansing Winds.

They do not bond, so they cannot be rezzed if they die (no ghost).

I got the answers to those questions in the Tamer forum here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=187457

Stayin Alive,

BG

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doh! Tamer's forum...should have thought about that.

Thanks BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot repair them with Repair Deeds from a tinker. I tried using the deeds inside and outside a tinker shop. Both attempts were unsuccessful.

Stayin Alive,

BG