• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEW CONTEST: Most Tasteless House Design!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Noble Lords and Ladies! After taking Ginseng for a morning ride, I came across one of the er, well least tastful house designs that I've seen. To highlight the need for better house design and decoration I am announcing a contest: Most Tasteless House Design! The rules are simple:

1. You can enter any house. Just realize that if you enter your own you will be admitting to having no taste.

2. Your screen cap should show the actual house sign if possible, or you should include the house name and owner name in your post.

3. You can make as many entries as you like but try and limit each entry to one picture. (Pick the worst floor of the house for your entry.)

4. Please abide by the forum guidelines for picture sizes... NO FULL SCREEN CAPS PLEASE. (Those are very, very irritating.)

5. VERY IMPORTANT: Please mark a rune to the house. In a later post I'll organize some way to collect these runes and create a "Most Tasteless Houses of Atlantic" runebook.

<font color="blue">CONTEST DEADLINE MAY 20TH 2008 17:00est </font>

Perhaps I'll organize a wine tasting tour of tasteless houses... hmm.... how tasteful is that! Woot!

Oh... I guess you want to know how you will be rewarded for your efforts? Perhaps a free membership in the Scribes Guild? Ok, ok... how about 1milGP Yup a cool mil for participating in a silly contest... BUT... read the fine print...

&gt;&gt;&gt; if there are less than 16 entries... then no prize. &lt;&lt;&lt;

Why? Cause it's my contest and I'm making the rules and if I'm giving away a cool million I wanna see some work for it that's why!!! Plus, that's how many runes it takes to fill a runebook, ok?

Here is the example from my morning ride that inspired the idea for the contest:

Sincerely,
Lord Raven of Minoc

G

Hehe that sounds rather fun

I would be happy to display any Runebook Sam comes up with at Winterbreeze.

Good luck to the fashion police out there!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

&gt;&gt;&gt; if there are less than 16 entries... then no prize. &lt;&lt;&lt;

Why? Cause it's my contest and I'm making the rules
Sincerely,
Lord Raven of Minoc

[/ QUOTE ]Awesome

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you like that one... forgot an important rule... The Judges Committee.

Hasn't been formed yet. I'll be one but I'll be looking for two folks who are not friends or online acquaintences of mine to act as co-judges. I want to keep the contest fun, fair and un-complicated.

PM if you're interested in helping judge. Thanks.

Oh, and if folks really have a problem with the 16 entry/no prize rule, I just want to remind ya that the point is to fill a runebook so I'm hoping folks can get into the spirit of the contest. Multiple entries are permitted so I haven't made it impossible for someone to win that mil.

Safe Travels, Sam

G

it also shouldn't be that difficult to find 16 bad houses.

If you need any help Sam, pm me and let me know.