• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Change in Doom

B

blust4

First off, I can only play Doom on Sunday evening. I am looking forward it all week and then found out they change the Doom. First problem, right now at Doom the lag is worse than the worst days in 56K dial modem days. My character can only move in slow motion. There is no chance to escape when Dark Fathers now chase you aggressively. It is very clear they rush the very bugged programs. Maybe use the first draft without any testing. The stupid programming might finally kill UO .

Things I don't like. Spawn by DF is 10x heavier, most liche lords and undead corpses. Also, I can't get the health bars of monsters on the move when heavy spawn is in progress. It indicates what you saw is already not there because of the lag.

I see players come playing 15 minutes and left. Before the change, it is aleady very difficult to find players to come to Doom. Now it will be impossible. Just when interest comes back, they decide to kill it and keep the Doom the ghost town.

This might be the second stupidest design change in UO history. The stupidest change is that they change the champions spawn in Felucca. There was a time that everyone goes to Felucca for the skill scrolls hunt. It is so popular that the architects decides to kill it. We all know since then, 90% of the players never went back to Felucca again. I just don't understand the programmers don't want the players to have fun. Such a mentality is killing UO .

S

Satanatra

Just so you know - it has been explained that the changes in Doom were unintentional and will be reversed. Hope that makes you happy :)

B

blust4

Just so you know - it has been explained that the changes in Doom were unintentional and will be reversed. Hope that makes you happy :)
How do you know it is by mistake, not by design? The source?

F

Fayled Dhreams

How do you know it is by mistake, not by design? The source?
http://www.uoherald.com/news/

"Why are the Doom bosses and Dark Fathers teleporting back to their rooms?"

There are two parts to this answer - a missed patch note and a bug. First of all, I apologize for the missed patch note - it was a misunderstanding on my part, and I didn't mean to cause panic and confusion. The note is as follows:

- Doom mobs can no longer be kited out of the spawning rooms

The second part is actually a bug - the change was not intended to affect the Dark Fathers, just the lesser bosses. We've got a fix for that sent to QA and hope to see it in the next publish.

--

L

Lord Kynd

lag?
am kinda surprised 56k dialup.. but anyhow ..

"I see players come playing 15 minutes and left. Before the change, it is aleady very difficult to find players to come to Doom. Now it will be impossible. Just when interest comes back, they decide to kill it and keep the Doom the ghost town. "

doom is more populated now than it has ever been. maybe you need to move to atlantic ?

"Spawn by DF is 10x heavier, most liche lords and undead corpses. Also, I can't get the health bars of monsters on the move when heavy spawn is in progress. "

use control + shift and get bars a bit easier.

"This might be the second stupidest design change in UO history. "

not true. this is one of the best things they have done in doom. worst is making UO any age instead of how it use to be 18+

"There is no chance to escape when Dark Fathers now chase you aggressively."

hmm, seems the change whether inteded or not solved this problem... you can now run north towards the exit and it teleports back to the middle room... where it should be. not lured all over.

spawn is easy, use undead slayer.

"I just don't understand the programmers don't want the players to have fun. Such a mentality is killing UO ."

perhaps you just don't know how to have fun if things are not 'your way' ?

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is VERY heavy irony in the statement made about the bug/not bug. What have past instances told us about breaking things...not only things but OLD things?! IF this is as intended Jeremy then explain why we have the latest dupe? Was that intended as well? *hint hint*

BTW...I want you to follow the priciple of 1 + 1 = 2

B

blust4

lag?

"I see players come playing 15 minutes and left. Before the change, it is aleady very difficult to find players to come to Doom. Now it will be impossible. Just when interest comes back, they decide to kill it and keep the Doom the ghost town. "

doom is more populated now than it has ever been. maybe you need to move to atlantic ?

"Spawn by DF is 10x heavier, most liche lords and undead corpses. Also, I can't get the health bars of monsters on the move when heavy spawn is in progress. "

not true. this is one of the best things they have done in doom. worst is making UO any age instead of how it use to be 18+

hmm, seems the change whether inteded or not solved this problem... you can now run north towards the exit and it teleports back to the middle room... where it should be. not lured all over.

"I just don't understand the programmers don't want the players to have fun. Such a mentality is killing UO ."

Well. For those who applaud for the new Doom change. It is either by mistake or by accident, not by design. Hope you enjoy the harder and meaner Doom while it lasts. It will reverse back when the next publish comes.

T

Thrand Graywolf

Which also runs a fair risk of crashing the 2D client if you screw around too much with those object handles. And that's a bad place to crash.

You've obviously never fought a lich lord on dialup. Nothing about it is easy. And for some people, there is no available broadband option at any price except satellite...which has such horrible lag it's actually worse than dialup.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which also runs a fair risk of crashing the 2D client if you screw around too much with those object handles. And that's a bad place to crash.
I use the object handles (ctrl+shift) all the time in 2d, and I have never crashed because of them.

B

brienvitz

lag?

Not getting into a heated argument but doom is empty on lake superior