• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New castle designs decorated

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone replaced their castle with one of the new ones, and is willing to post some pictures?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to upgrade mine, and if so, which design I want to use.

I am deco-challenged, so I just can't see a finished decorated castle when I look at any of the new designs!

Thanks in advance.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok this is my SIEGE CASTLE version of THE SPIRES pretty much finished. Obviously stuff still gets tweaked as it always does but DONE for now! Took ages lol. If I don't put out vendors will put some deco on the patio but for now it is staying as it is.

GROUND FLOOR:

Includes grand entrance and stairway, wagon deco for the bar and stables for pets, bar and distillary, wine cellar and armor display.

upload_2018-10-21_20-21-9.png

SECOND FLOOR:

Includes: main workroom, dressing room and character storage area, lounge room, dining room, outdoor terrace, stairs to third floor.

upload_2018-10-21_20-22-4.png

THIRD FLOOR:

Guild Room and Rune Library, Portal Hub. (This is where I moved the porter room to, originally it was downstairs but for some reason the porters were flakey and not working properly).

upload_2018-10-21_20-23-58.png

ROOF:

Includes Water feature, Pergola, Dining and Observatory area. I also put a custom stair to the third floor verandah for convenience.

upload_2018-10-21_20-25-52.png

Don't forget this castle was designed so that people could add their own internal layout. The way it comes is as shown on the uo wiki: The Spires.

It is up to you what rooms etc you want to add to it.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone replaced their castle with one of the new ones, and is willing to post some pictures?

I'm still trying to decide if I want to upgrade mine, and if so, which design I want to use.

I am deco-challenged, so I just can't see a finished decorated castle when I look at any of the new designs!

Thanks in advance.
Castles take a long time to decorate and the patch is only a week old. I've toured several servers and only seen a handful of the converted castles. The fact you need to remove all gozas and stone, etc make it very difficult for many to convert.

I haven't finished mine yet but this is the 2nd Floor of 'THE SPIRES' once deco'd. I also have some other areas done. Still editing a bit tho as the deco project evolves.

Haven't touched the third floor yet.

I will update these pics as I get further into it.
Looking good Miss Echo. I like your deco style.

For those interested: So far I've seen about 7 or so of Miss Echo's The Spires design. 1 of Don's (on atl), 1 of Miss Elsa (cannot remember where), 2 of Gothic Rose, 1 of Feudal.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still have stuff ALL over the place...had to empty out my moving crate to find things :/

BUT here is a tiny sneak peek ;)

SneakPeek.jpg

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking good so far! I hope we get some updates as everyone continues to finish up! I still can't decide if I'm going to upgrade now or wait.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow MissEcho your castle looks great, is it public? Id love to know where it is so i can see it in person.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow MissEcho your castle looks great, is it public? Id love to know where it is so i can see it in person.
It is on Siege Perilous so not public, but if I am on and you ask in general chat I will come pick you up for a tour any time. But it isn't finished yet. I will probably do a 'castle warming' when it is and put a rune to it from my shop near umbra direct and open it to the public for a short time but that will be a while yet. Anyways yell for me in gen chat if you log in there.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nice work ladies! Larisa, you like pink...a lot! I can see my husband's face now if I did that to his castle.....muahaha! :D

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't finished mine yet but this is the 2nd Floor of 'THE SPIRES' once deco'd. I also have some other areas done. Still editing a bit tho as the deco project evolves.

View attachment 87508

This is half of the ground floor entrance and stairway to the floor above. I haven't touched the back end of it yet but intend to put in a rune library to compliment the porter room in front, an armory, behind the wagon, and in the back a cellar/distillary and bar area.

View attachment 87509

And this is a pic of the roof , still a bit more to do , but nearly there :)

View attachment 87510

I added a further stair from the roof to the side patios, still doing some work on there tho, only put in some trees atm.

View attachment 87511

Haven't touched the third floor yet.

I will update these pics as I get further into it.

Don't forget this castle was designed so that people could add their own internal layout. The way it comes is as shown on the uo wiki: The Spires.

It is up to you what rooms etc you want to add to it.
Of all the castles I've seen released I do like that one best. I was wondering on the second floor south east corner for example (where the wood floor is) can you make a wall from stone crafting and lower it down to hide the pillars and guard rails? If I could do that it would be much better. Nice job on the deco so far!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nice work ladies! Larisa, you like pink...a lot! I can see my husband's face now if I did that to his castle.....muahaha! :D
Actually..I HATE pink...my favorite color is Purple.....so it's close ;) Not really but I can work with it...I chose Dot's design not because it's pink....but because it's very pretty, it's not normal, boring grey stone, it's challenging and it's unique. I am probably not going to keep all the pink furniture, but since I already had them from another design from another house I wanted to see how it would look..and it matches pretty well....I think TOO well...there's no contrast...I'm thinking blue might be better but I'm not sure yet!

Blue.jpg

As for the entryway...first of all I can't find my other Ultima Banner :/ but I can't decide if I want to put the banners on either side of the fountain and cover up the stained glass window, OR if I want to put the display cases there..I do like to display stuff and this castle feels like a museum to me in a way so I want to display lots of stuff!

Entrance.jpg

Like this...(Hate that I didn't get a plate with my name on it, that would fill the extra empty space!)

SideHall.jpg

The top floor will be my garden area, when it's done and I find the rest of my stuff lol

TOP.jpg

It's slow going, but it's going.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We need more purple in UO! The suits of armour look great up against those little arches on the walls, I didn't realise how nice those walls were, I'd never used them before but I might try them now.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We need more purple in UO! The suits of armour look great up against those little arches on the walls, I didn't realise how nice those walls were, I'd never used them before but I might try them now.
AGREED!

I had a house I named the purple house because everything in it was purple....tried to find everything in game that was purple and put it in there, still need to find all that stuff!

But yeah the first thing I did was put a suit of armor along those walls and it just kinda fit so I went with it lol.

ArmorWall.jpg

I will probably re-do a lot of stuff as I go, but that hallway, in my mind anyway, fits what I think a castle should have in it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
AGREED!

I had a house I named the purple house because everything in it was purple....tried to find everything in game that was purple and put it in there, still need to find all that stuff!

But yeah the first thing I did was put a suit of armor along those walls and it just kinda fit so I went with it lol.

View attachment 87528

I will probably re-do a lot of stuff as I go, but that hallway, in my mind anyway, fits what I think a castle should have in it.
Looks really great Larisa! I agree on the hallway treatment ... it looks "proper". But, I hate blocking windows if I don't have to, so I would have placed everything on the west wall one tile N of where it is now. That should put armor on a solid wall, and the display case will straddle the area between 2 windows.

I know, opinions are like a****les ... everyone has one. But you and MissEcho need to form a business. You're both top notch.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hey guys, I been out of the loop a while now..." Im now the mommy of a beautiful little girl named Luna =) " I missed the design a castle contest, just wondering are they gonna take more submissions?
Cargrats on the baby girl. Both of mine are Athena she is 3years and the other is Zelda she is 10 months so i understand not much time to play.

They said that this was just the frist round and there will be new ones at each pub. But you can never tell with the people that run UO

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho I just want to thank you for a wonderful design. It combines plenty of space (practicality), with esthetics (not a borg cube), with authentic looks, and with customizability. I am sure it was not easy to put that together, but you got a masterpiece.

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful design so far, Larisa! Thank you for sharing! I really liked that design, except for the pink.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of all the castles I've seen released I do like that one best. I was wondering on the second floor south east corner for example (where the wood floor is) can you make a wall from stone crafting and lower it down to hide the pillars and guard rails? If I could do that it would be much better. Nice job on the deco so far!
Of course you can :) I designed it as I did so that it could be 'stand alone' for those who don't wanna mess about, they can fill it with whatever and call it good. But for those who like to custom it is designed for them too.
bannisters.jpg

Just use gozas with circle of transparency to place against the rail or pillars, and raise until they are clear. Add stone work, click to lock and lower. You can put in whatever you like. Here I have used blocks and also some red arches just to demonstrate. You could also use walls if you wanted to change it to a 'room' etc. You can then put 'deco' on the blocks (i dumped my tally on one :) but you get the jist) You could technically change all the rails to block or make parapets to resemble the existing castle. On the customize menu you don't have 'half' walls to use in a design in the grey stone, hence the reason I used that particular railing and pillar. They 'go' aesthetically with the grey, but as you can see can then be customized over. I haven't got to those outside areas above yet, other than to dump down some deeded plants. Not sure yet what I will be doing til it is done :p

@MissEcho I just want to thank you for a wonderful design. It combines plenty of space (practicality), with esthetics (not a borg cube), with authentic looks, and with customizability. I am sure it was not easy to put that together, but you got a masterpiece.
Thanks. I am not sure if a lot of people could 'visualize' what could be done with this design. Reason I have posted early with some of the deco is so that people could 'see' how flexible this 'classic' house could be without taking away from the fact that you could do nothing with it and still have a really useable space or really work it to make it suit you. When you look at how it comes 'out of the box' when first placed' as to how it is once it has had some deco they are not the same building. I doubt any two will be the same once people have a go at putting in their walls etc.

I imagine that people are gonna do lots of stuff with this design that even I haven't thought of yet. As the designer even I can see some things that I would change (now that I have had a round of deco on it) but nothing will ever be perfect I didn't have the luxury of doing a full deco job and then the abiltity to change the small things that would of made it better on the Test Centre. So Far I am finding it really nice to play with tho all things considered.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Of course you can :) I designed it as I did so that it could be 'stand alone' for those who don't wanna mess about, they can fill it with whatever and call it good. But for those who like to custom it is designed for them too.
View attachment 87554

Just use gozas with circle of transparency to place against the rail or pillars, and raise until they are clear. Add stone work, click to lock and lower. You can put in whatever you like. Here I have used blocks and also some red arches just to demonstrate. You could also use walls if you wanted to change it to a 'room' etc. You can then put 'deco' on the blocks (i dumped my tally on one :) but you get the jist) You could technically change all the rails to block or make parapets to resemble the existing castle. On the customize menu you don't have 'half' walls to use in a design in the grey stone, hence the reason I used that particular railing and pillar. They 'go' aesthetically with the grey, but as you can see can then be customized over. I haven't got to those outside areas above yet, other than to dump down some deeded plants. Not sure yet what I will be doing til it is done :p

Thanks. I am not sure if a lot of people could 'visualize' what could be done with this design. Reason I have posted early with some of the deco is so that people could 'see' how flexible this 'classic' house could be without taking away from the fact that you could do nothing with it and still have a really useable space or really work it to make it suit you. When you look at how it comes 'out of the box' when first placed' as to how it is once it has had some deco they are not the same building. I doubt any two will be the same once people have a go at putting in their walls etc.

I imagine that people are gonna do lots of stuff with this design that even I haven't thought of yet. As the designer even I can see some things that I would change (now that I have had a round of deco on it) but nothing will ever be perfect I didn't have the luxury of doing a full deco job and then the abiltity to change the small things that would of made it better on the Test Centre. So Far I am finding it really nice to play with tho all things considered.

Thank you very much for the reply! I consider you bordering on brilliant now ;) I'll still need to walk through one before my finally decision. My experience with stone work is probably Legendary in UO terms so that shouldn't be a problem. Really gotta decide if I want to make the push to destroy all the walls and floors in my current castle, it'll be a major project taking it all down. If those pieces only stacked.... Here's a picture of part of my castle and the whole thing is pretty much like this lol

library777.jpg

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact you need to remove all gozas and stone, etc make it very difficult for many to convert.
Yeah i cant agree more. The amount of time to remove all the granite and other stuff is what puts me off. The fact it doesn't count as lock downs is great but it would mean if i removed all mine i wouldn't have anywhere to store it all.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you very much for the reply! I consider you bordering on brilliant now ;) I'll still need to walk through one before my finally decision. My experience with stone work is probably Legendary in UO terms so that shouldn't be a problem. Really gotta decide if I want to make the push to destroy all the walls and floors in my current castle, it'll be a major project taking it all down. If those pieces only stacked.... Here's a picture of part of my castle and the whole thing is pretty much like this lol

View attachment 87564
Well it is up to you lol. Remember tho that you won't need to use anywhere near the amount of floor tile as the floors are pretty much done, unless you wanna floor over the grass or the patio areas. You probably wont need the same amount of walls. With the existing castle there were a lot of stupid walls in silly locations so when you ended up building around them you would of ended up being dictated to by those in how you set stuff up. The spires is basically a pretty blank canvas inside so you don't need to worry about fitting in around the corridors and gaping holes as in the normal castle. Don't just unclick and let them decay, unless you have a crap load of granite to make new. I packed mine (I did have a storage keep that I could hold em in) til I see what I can reuse and then I will probably sell the left overs that I won't need.

So far I have used all my walls as I never had that many before, but will have a LOT of floor tiles left over. Good luck with whatever you decide :)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah i cant agree more. The amount of time to remove all the granite and other stuff is what puts me off. The fact it doesn't count as lock downs is great but it would mean if i removed all mine i wouldn't have anywhere to store it all.
On this issue, for anyone on SIEGE who needs a place to temporarily store 'stone/gozas' etc I have a keep available with 4000 available storage you can 'use' for a short period if you need to. Just pm me if you think you would like to use it.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Edited the initial post to show the pretty much completed ground floor, now both the ground and second are done, the third is not started and the roof and outdoor areas are partially completed.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 87564
Love the bakery!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I chose Coco's design and will be stealing more of her final product as well :) I freely admit I totally suck at deco.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is trying all of them out and choosing yours. I thought I wrote it clearly.
Just wondered why they would do that given they are all on Test still, or were last time i checked. No matter just seemed kinda odd lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondered why they would do that given they are all on Test still, or were last time i checked. No matter just seemed kinda odd lol
The average player on LS does not go to TC. Does not read the forums. They just log on and if there was a patch they ask, what was the patch?

So that was first time some saw them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seeing a castle and actually attempting to live out of it are two extremely different things.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seeing a castle and actually attempting to live out of it are two extremely different things.
Yeah I know that, but this guy was just placing to 'show' people the designs, which is what I thought was odd when they are all on the Test centre. Then again as Pawain said there are some people who have no clue about the whole thing lol. No idea how as it has been on the splash screen :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No idea how as it has been on the splash screen
I have no idea what is on the Splash Screen and I log in 3 accounts daily multiple times.

Many of the Deco players have so many pavers, walls, and dyed items that it would be a monumental task to choose a custom house.

The casual players get to enjoy these first.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@MissEcho I actually came here to pose this same question. How is the deco coming along?
and @Nathan

Yeah I have been doing the halloween stuff and khaldun area so taking a break, still have the third floor to do and the rest of the roof. Right now I am still trying to work out the usage on my third floor, thinking that I will be making it a guild room and being that I play on siege probably a guild/alliance HUB. Hubs on siege are where we have teleporters to everyones houses etc so that those who can't gate can get around easily, also need a good 'loot' area for dividing up spoils etc. Tossing it around still. I will update when I get around to it lol. Might get back to it this week :)

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea what is on the Splash Screen and I log in 3 accounts daily multiple times.

Many of the Deco players have so many pavers, walls, and dyed items that it would be a monumental task to choose a custom house.

The casual players get to enjoy these first.
Screenshot
Screenshot
Who needs a new design when all it takes is a bit of time and collecting items! This is a section of my old school castle I have been working on for the last seveeral months!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry for a silly question, but how do you make this kind of arches: upload_2018-10-17_13-35-37.png
When I select "Rough Arch" I get this: upload_2018-10-17_13-36-32.png , i.e they are angled.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ah, that was not intuitive. Thanks!
Yeah kind of an odd way of doing things, I guess so they wouldn't have so many different pieces in the crafting menu? Ease of use? No clue lol, glad I could help!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Cargrats on the baby girl. Both of mine are Athena she is 3years and the other is Zelda she is 10 months so i understand not much time to play.

They said that this was just the frist round and there will be new ones at each pub. But you can never tell with the people that run UO
I like Athena better : Goddess of Wisdom, Trades, Education, and also Fierce Warrior Goddess defender of the ancient city with her name : Athens, Gr. Congrats on the babies!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like Athena better : Goddess of Wisdom, Trades, Education, and also Fierce Warrior Goddess defender of the ancient city with her name : Athens, Gr. Congrats on the babies!
Thanks Zelda is the special one. We could not name her subura or crosstrek. Her middle name is Allena after myself. She was bron two streets away from the hospital in are new 2018 car. She we decided to give her my frist name as a middle name.

And we are not planning on haveing anymore. Would most likely be bron in are bed when we are sleeping. Wife is sonehow able to expel them. 3 pushes and a snizz for frist one and the 2nd one was less then a hr of laber and no pushing.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks Zelda is the special one. We could not name her subura or crosstrek. Her middle name is Allena after myself. She was bron two streets away from the hospital in are new 2018 car. She we decided to give her my frist name as a middle name.

And we are not planning on haveing anymore. Would most likely be bron in are bed when we are sleeping. Wife is sonehow able to expel them. 3 pushes and a snizz for frist one and the 2nd one was less then a hr of laber and no pushing.
Ya never know .. The nicest things in life happen unexpectedly and unplanned..But two is a good number. Will keep you busy for a while..