• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

new bug with pub...

M

mmmbeer

im down in doom with my bard and the df's keep recalling back to the middle room like a vanguard controller

M

mmmbeer

OMG ALL doom gauntlet monsters are now just relocating back to their spawn points once you start toi beat on them

this is gonna make the gauntlet damn near impossible!!!

C

CKTC

yeah?

*looks puzzled*

you only get lots of dfs spawn if there lots of people in there and thats usually tamers, usually they all attacks one while random peeps get chased around by the other 3, hehe i dont think itl be a prob.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something like that just doesn't happen. They clearly added code to prevent the Dark Father from being lured. It is about time really.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Something like that just doesn't happen. They clearly added code to prevent the Dark Father from being lured. It is about time really.
Lets see turn in arties from doom.
Reduce arties with turn in.
Make it harder to get new arties.

BRAVO.

K

Kratos Aurion

Just my 2 cents but I think its slightly passed ******** to do that..

Maybe its just me but I've never had luck in doom. I've even solo'd creatures with my tamer a few times and I've only ever gotten 2-3 arties from doom (which the most recent was over 2yrs ago).

Even since the arti drop rate changes, I have yet to recieve one. And now they make it harder to get them by having DF/Minnions recall back to the center?

Just another pain in the ass IMO..

G

galefan2004

They made artifacts easier to get because of shards that have like maybe 10 people a week hit Doom in a given week. They had to make the artifacts more obtainable or there would be no new ones. On some shards the only way to get a high in demand artifact is to buy it with RL cash from a pay site and that is a huge issue.

The spawn at Vanguards seems to magically move from place to place now. The actual Vanguards are still stuck in the ground but the deamon will move right on top of you and damage you from the other side of the screen without walking or teleporting. They seem to have messed up the code and perhaps the DF issues are related.

K

KidJoe

this is great now I can solo with out so many peeps piggy backing my skills out scoring my points (Archers)

M

mmmbeer

this is great now I can solo with out so many peeps piggy backing my skills out scoring my points (Archers)
good luck soloing....once you get a few whacks in they relocate to their spawn point...alongside the other bosses

btw its not just the df's doing it its also the room bosses doing it

all id like is to hear from dev's that this is either a new "feature" or if it is indeed a bug

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The publish notes said "Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far"

Could it be that the coding put in for that is affecting more creatures than it's meant to?

M

mmmbeer

The publish notes said "Lady Sylvanis will no longer chase people quite so far"

Could it be that the coding put in for that is affecting more creatures than it's meant to?
sylvani do the same as controllers...just relocate to a spot?

M

mmmbeer

whats gonna happen when doom has lots of peepz and 4-6 df's are up..
the groupl lures one only to find they relocate back to its brethren.. the group is gonna wind up having to fight all 6 df's at once in the middle of the gauntlet

NOT easy and NOT fun!!

D

Diggity

good luck soloing....once you get a few whacks in they relocate to their spawn point...alongside the other bosses

btw its not just the df's doing it its also the room bosses doing it

all id like is to hear from dev's that this is either a new "feature" or if it is indeed a bug
It will be interesting to hear if this was intended for doom or not.

True soloing, only 1 person in doom, only 1 df will spawn.

In some ways, the change makes soloing with certain templates easier since you can just move out of df teleport range and kill/reduce spawn when needed. The teleporting behavior makes the risk from the df much less.

2 dfs spawning - With only 2 dfs, only a small group is in doom. Small groups will learn to get the df's close enough to aggro on and fight each other. Df's damage each other incredibly fast so the challenge will be to get loot rights before the df dies.

3 or more dfs spawning - presumably there is a somewhat large group of people in doom. If they know what they're doing, taking on 3 or more shouldn't be a problem.

I'm looking forward to trying out this change. The biggest benefit I see is that the DF won't be dragged around up and down the corridor by the pansy archers running all over the place. :)

J

Joyous2K

no worries Doom is the latest casually to the turn in. Nobody is there now.

M

mmmbeer

no worries Doom is the latest casually to the turn in. Nobody is there now.
not true...im there 5 mornings in 7 with a small group of people!!
and this bug really affects the gameplay!@#%$

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take a legendary archer to Doom, and my only issue with df's is that they seem to love the taste of her - they'll ignore 3 greater drags and follow me around like little puppies :( They seemed particularly feisty last weekend and wouldn't settle down to fight, but kept running all over the place causing absolute havoc and carnage. And no, I don't want them to teleport back to their spawn point. One df at a time please!

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh sounds like they want the only person to be able to kill a Large group of DF to be the bard that exploit the area spell of DF and have them kill each other with out other people being able to lure single Df from the group.

Gratz Exploiter wins again...

"Work as inteneded!!!" NOT

D

Diggity

Eh sounds like they want the only person to be able to kill a Large group of DF to be the bard that exploit the area spell of DF and have them kill each other with out other people being able to lure single Df from the group.

Gratz Exploiter wins again...

"Work as inteneded!!!" NOT
Actually, bard is not needed. Just summon 2 earth ellies. One fight df1, second fight df2. Then command them to switch targets so everything moves close together. If either df withers, they start fighting when earth ellies die. DF's damage each other really fast.

You see the same thing happen with lich lords. They wither a player, but also catch the df in the area of effect and the df also aggros on the lich.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They let Doom spew out easy arties until the prices for everything reached rock bottom, and then "fixed" it. Congrats devs, no one is ever going to go to Doom for an arti ever again. They're just gonna buy one of the 35983589035809 arties that were farmed over the last few months. They all cost like 50k now.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats gonna happen when doom has lots of peepz and 4-6 df's are up..
the groupl lures one only to find they relocate back to its brethren.. the group is gonna wind up having to fight all 6 df's at once in the middle of the gauntlet

NOT easy and NOT fun!!
and laggy with 6 spawning mobs..

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They let Doom spew out easy arties until the prices for everything reached rock bottom, and then "fixed" it. Congrats devs, no one is ever going to go to Doom for an arti ever again. They're just gonna buy one of the 35983589035809 arties that were farmed over the last few months. They all cost like 50k now.
Arties are not 50k now... I just sold an orny for 20m; along with other arties for several mil.

Oh, and they fixed it next server up btw.

L

Lord Drakelord

As few time as I been able to go to Doom, I disagree and reallly wish they remove the rubber band on the boss monster, last night used a prov on the DF and we were "just" up the hall, when the DF pops back, well of course all those minions I had prov on the DF were now looking for new targets, and of course who is sitting right there?

I can understand them doing this to prevent the DF being lured to the beach area, sure make it alot easier to get your people to the gauntlet now, no BOSS monters to greet them any more as they disbark from the ship, Also no more DF shopping in Nix's store. But come one, just one screen up [north] from the DF spawning, we are kicking his butt and he pops back to the center chamber, that sucks as far as I am concern.

I like them to fix it so that once he has moved to where they fighting it, he does not do that rubber band to the center chamber any more. dang coward :)

L

Lord Kynd

i think it is great :thumbup1:
and , yes you can solo a dark father it just takes time and patience. i did one last night with my archer.
kinda felt i had to since someone else said i couldn't :gun:.

the teleporting helped alot.

"Even since the arti drop rate changes, I have yet to recieve one. And now they make it harder to get them by having DF/Minnions recall back to the center?"

how is it harder?

M

mmmbeer

i think it is great :thumbup1:
and , yes you can solo a dark father it just takes time and patience. i did one last night with my archer.
kinda felt i had to since someone else said i couldn't :gun:.

the teleporting helped alot.

"Even since the arti drop rate changes, I have yet to recieve one. And now they make it harder to get them by having DF/Minnions recall back to the center?"

how is it harder?
uhhhh DUH ....
u have to fight all the df's at once cuz they wont stay at beach or in hallways...or even a few FEET away cuz they will relocate to ll the other df's that werent lured.