• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Bard, returning player

Kemmer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, I just got back into the game after like a decade. I made a bard cause it was my first character back in 98. I was going for the 4x bard suite for mastery buffs, but I can't decide on magery or mysticism. I'm not really sure what I'd be trying to farm either, theres so much new stuff. anyone have some advice for a struggling player? lol

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Myst is nice because of a few things. You can summon a RC which is a nice tank, you can go into stone form for damage reduction, and there are some nice little offensive spells. The down side is no healing beyond the healing stone that you can create and no gates, recalls, or invis.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Peacemaking isn't worth much - just a waste of skill points in my opinion.

If I were you...
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Meditation
120 Magery
120 Eval

Swap out Magery and Eval for Mystic and Focus if you like that better.

If you get enough mana regen on your suit, and you want a little bit of both magery and mystic, you could go:
120 Music
120 Provo
120 Disco
120 Mystic
120 Focus
80 Magery
40 Eval

You can also get skill points from gear... Crystalline Ring gives 20 Magery and 20 Focus. There are talismans that have +10 Eval or +10 Focus. There is the Obi with +10 Focus. For spell books, you can use Scrapper with skill points, that have 20 points of anything from magery, meditation, eval intel, resist spells, and so on. So you have some options to save on some skill points.

Kemmer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
would I be able to farm for some artifact level loot? I really need to explore ter mur and eodon to find some stuff to hunt! thanks for the response.