• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] New Atlantic Event Drop

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Auctioning off Master Archaeologist's Pick. New Atlantic event drop (dropped off reward statue) Starting bid is 15m and will end on Saturday Oct 2nd at 11pm est. Only bids in thread will count and auction will be extended 10 mins for any last min bids. Buyout is 75m. Works as a sextant when double clicked.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if you hung around afterward, but the EM gave everyone a second chance to get the reward. It appeared there were only 2 or 3 dozen before, now there must be 100.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if you hung around afterward, but the EM gave everyone a second chance to get the reward. It appeared there were only 2 or 3 dozen before, now there must be 100.
Yeah, I was a little upset by that. Those who missed it cried and cried and cried (and quite frankly were very childish and insulting) but no matter what they say, I saw ALL the instructions. The gate was labeled, Josiah was at the mountain site and directed everyone to the item dispenser, and he told everyone BEFORE the event that there would be an end of arc reward at the end.

I think its a tad pathetic that people are in such a greed frenzy that they can't even stop to follow simple instructions. From my point of view, I walked through the gate from the cave to the mountain site, saw Josiah saying "COME HERE TO GET YOUR ITEM AND DON'T BLOCK WITH DRAGONS", I went over and got my item, and I left. It was that simple. If people would slow down with the "WHERES MY REWARD" constant spam and stop running around like chickens without their heads, maybe they'd get it right the first time.

I was saddened that EM Bennu reopened the gate. I think the childishness and greed and ignorance deserved to be punished, not appeased. (And for the record, I don't feel this way because I want the value of the picks to be greater. I keep all my EM rewards, I'm a sentimentalist.)

Anyways, I'm sorry for ranting and derailing the OP's thread. Congrats on getting your pick.

L

Lothar of Malas Univ

Well, by my count, 80ish. The gate was reopened for about 23 seconds, I did a pre count of who had them in paper doll, and a count after, and took in the random people who left after getting one. I come up with 80ish. In my mind an event item in the weapon slot with such a nice name should fetch a good number.

As far as the reopened gate, I am ok with newer players getting a shot at a cool item at their first EM event. We look at it as a 30mil drop in value, they look at it as their first 20mil. Think back on your first 20mil.

Poor Yible, we took over your thread, so sorry lol.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it was nice that he gave everyone a second chance. It was certainly not clear that was the location the item was going to be given out at. People see a gate and they just want to run into it. He should have put up the exit gate after it became clear to everyone the reward was being handled out in that area. If someone wanted to leave they could always recall.

It was a newbie EM mistake.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Talking out of bumm is hazardous to health. No tally was given...
http://vboards.stratics.com/1831497-post5.html

EM Bennu said:
#3: The reward giver. This was my first time using the reward giver tool. I am pleased that even after the second gate only 153 (+1 for reward hall) of the picks were given out which pretty closely matches the crowd we had last night as far as numbers. Next time I use a reward giver it will be something tall, very very tall.