• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] New Artificer Question

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

I have a question which is really meant to confirm my suspicions. As a returning player I am new to imbuing and have imbued a basic suit for my crafter but now I am working on a more complicated suit for my bard/tamer and I am customizing it to work with some arties I have equipped.

Some background: Artificer is a human (will be changing to Gargoyle soon, I recently acquired a race change token) with 106.7 imbuing (used 120 powerscroll, still training up) and I do not have access to the queen's soulforge yet so I have to rely on the public one in Ter Mur.

I will give you an example of one of the pieces I am working on:
Barbed Leather Gorget
Imbues: Phys resist +9 (crafted 6% imbued to 15%)
MR +2
LMC 7%
Luck 100
LRC 18%

Everything goes fine until I get to my last imbue and with which I have a 0 percent chance at the lowest possible imbue. I know I have not reached the max intensity for the piece, are the reasons for this:

a) My race
b) My imbuing skill
c) The soulforge I am using

If I correct all of these (change to Gargoyle, increase skill to 120, and use the queen's soulforge) will I then have a chance to imbue the last property?

I assume that I am attempting this suit too early in my imbuing career.

Thanks

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
imbues: Phys resist +9 (crafted 6% imbued to 15%)
A leather gorget has 2% physical resist. so it's not +9 but +13. And 4 exceptional points (from 2 base to 6 crafted) are wasted.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A leather gorget has 2% physical resist. so it's not +9 but +13. And 4 exceptional points (from 2 base to 6 crafted) are wasted.
Please excuse my ignorance but this is a part of crafting I am still learning. I don't understand what you mean when you say 4 points "wasted".

base properties for a leather gorget are 2 4 3 3 3
plus material bonuses would bring it to 4 5 5 6 7 (for barbed leather)
after this exceptional and arms lore bonuses would be applied correct?

I am GM Arms Lore but am still not completely familiar with how the bonus point are distributed among the individual resists during the crafting process. But because base and material bonuses push the phys resist to 4 is it safe to assume that it was crafted to 6% because of Arms Lore and Exceptional Bonuses? And if so, during the imbuing process, are those additional bonuses then wasted if I imbue this property, as you mentioned? If so, how do I take measures to avoid wasting these points? or is it even possible to do so?

Just for reference, the original stats on this piece prior to imbuing and after material, exceptional and arms lore bonuses were:

6 10 7 14 14

Thank you for your help

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
base resists 2 4 3 3 3
you can imbue max 3 + 15 = 18 energy res
if you crafted 6 10 7 14 14 and imbue energy res to max you get 6 10 7 14 18 and 100 imbuing weight used

exceptional and lore bonuses are random

to don't waste exc/lore points you may craft a piece with 0 exc/lore points in res you want to imbue
to don't waste material points you may craft from normal material and enhance after imbuing (you can lose a piece while enhancing if you don't use forged metal of artifacts)