• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New animal taming issue....

Belmarduk

Adventurer
I now have 2 pets who have some points left but cant complete the training as there is no possibility to use these remaining points....
Now I keep getting the advancement gump which I must always clikck away again...

This is a game stopper .....

Please let us discard unused, not assignable points to finish the training completely !!!!

Thankyou

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I now have 2 pets who have some points left but cant complete the training as there is no possibility to use these remaining points....
Now I keep getting the advancement gump which I must always clikck away again...

This is a game stopper .....

Please let us discard unused, not assignable points to finish the training completely !!!!

Thankyou
Not really new but it is quite annoying :) and is very easy to get in this bind with some pets like Tigers :)

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Curious, I've seen someone else post this, however for this to be the case you have to have intelligence and mana maxed out and very few peep max intel. what kind of pet did you train up, if you don't mind me asking? serpentine dragon?

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Tigers are about the easiest one to get stuck with unusable points.
Having already committed several painful screw ups in training, I'd like to avoid any future ones. I have a nice black tiger i intend to train up(would prefer a white, but that is apparently not to be), it seems to me if you have points left over,like that, then they need to add more possible ways to spend points for that pet.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious, I've seen someone else post this, however for this to be the case you have to have intelligence and mana maxed out and very few peep max intel. what kind of pet did you train up, if you don't mind me asking? serpentine dragon?
Nope don't have to have anything maxxed out to get in this bind. Best I would be able to do is put some scrolls on this one and would still be stuck at minimum 7 points that still couldn't be spent.

points1.png

points2.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can have this problem with tigers? i have not trained one of those yet.
Even if you fully scroll them, they can have extra points. You better use your calculator to figure out how to use them.

Wild Tiger

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest solution I think would be to add a end training button and any points left when that button is clicked just get wiped.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok there seems to be a problem here, according to the uo training guide the max int is 700 and max mana is 1500. but your tiger is maxed out with mana at 300, and i seen nothing written by uo stating tigers have a lower mana cap than everything else. This seems like a bug that has affected their(tigers) max possible mana, and not left over points. or i'm reading something wrong

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok there seems to be a problem here, according to the uo training guide the max int is 700 and max mana is 1500. but your tiger is maxed out with mana at 300, and i seen nothing written by uo stating tigers have a lower mana cap than everything else. This seems like a bug that has affected their(tigers) max possible mana, and not left over points
Don't have to hit the caps to not be able to spend the points. I put a lot into hp with the idea of spending the remaining points in mana and found I could not spend anything else in stats because I was at the overall stat cap. This is one of my very early training experiments :)

Reactions: afk

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok there seems to be a problem here, according to the uo training guide the max int is 700 and max mana is 1500. but your tiger is maxed out with mana at 300, and i seen nothing written by uo stating tigers have a lower mana cap than everything else. This seems like a bug that has affected their(tigers) max possible mana, and not left over points. or i'm reading something wrong
Caps and Costs
Training Point Weight Caps
  • Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence: 2300
  • Hit Point, Stamina & Mana: 3300
  • Resists: 1095
  • Hit Point Regeneration: 360
  • Stamina Regeneration: 360
  • Mana Regeneration: 360
Individual Attribute Caps
  • Strength & Intelligence: 700
  • Dexterity: 150
  • Hit Points: 1100

• Stamina: 150
  • Mana: 1500
  • Resists: 80

The bolded caps are what he hit. That's why you need to calculate to use those caps with max point usage.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok after checking points you are at the cap:), apparently they need to devise something to allow someone to redo pets last level up

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hehe should not need a calculator to figure up points in anything IMO :) Of course don't think you should need a engineering degree to figure out reforging and armor enhancing either :)
have not got around to trying those, it sounds like they're a pain:)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have not got around to trying those, it sounds like they're a pain:)
With enough studying the system and trial and error you figure it out........ I just trash all the enhancement stuff for clean up points because it is that exciting :)

Belmarduk

Adventurer
This is total crap - this should not happen in a game system...
What the hell do I do now ???
I have 2 pets which are unplayable because of this !!!!

Devs please urgently find a solution for this

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is total crap - this should not happen in a game system...
What the hell do I do now ???
I have 2 pets which are unplayable because of this !!!!

Devs please urgently find a solution for this
Not exactly unplayable just the training bar is annoying in CC

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thing is it is not just annoying when the points are 'left' with nothing to spend them on.

Most people 'allow' for various scrolls to go on a pet but don't actually have them yet. That means until you do get them that screen pops up every 5 seconds if you try to close it out which is impossible. I play on a 15" laptop so seriously do NOT have the screen space for this aggravating little box to be continuously in my way. I drag it to the corner but it still takes up space I used to use for debuff icons etc.

It could be years before I get all the scrolls I need. 120 wrestle and tactics can't be found these days, and trying to get them spawning is proving to be so hit and miss you wouldn't wanna be relying on that any time soon.

What we need is a 'toggle training screen' on or off. And then an 'End' training screen for when we eventually finish. BOTH options, not just an end one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing is it is not just annoying when the points are 'left' with nothing to spend them on.

Most people 'allow' for various scrolls to go on a pet but don't actually have them yet. That means until you do get them that screen pops up every 5 seconds if you try to close it out which is impossible. I play on a 15" laptop so seriously do NOT have the screen space for this aggravating little box to be continuously in my way. I drag it to the corner but it still takes up space I used to use for debuff icons etc.

It could be years before I get all the scrolls I need. 120 wrestle and tactics can't be found these days, and trying to get them spawning is proving to be so hit and miss you wouldn't wanna be relying on that any time soon.

What we need is a 'toggle training screen' on or off. And then an 'End' training screen for when we eventually finish. BOTH options, not just an end one.
So to sum it up........ It is annoying :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Getting ANY 120 to spawn seems an effort in futility... at least for me. RNG has always loathed me.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This is probably not an acceptable solution for you, but something to consider - EC with Pinco's has this problem fixed.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is probably not an acceptable solution for you, but something to consider - EC with Pinco's has this problem fixed.
Yup, this fixes the pop up, however your pet still spams the messages about gaining when in combat which also fills your journal.

It might just be more, but i have also found with Pincos, is if i have a pet at 100% training with points left to spend (saved for scrolls etc), when you lore the pet you cant view the happiness. My pets are going to get real fat due to my paranoia over the pets getting mad and bailing on me.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, this fixes the pop up, however your pet still spams the messages about gaining when in combat which also fills your journal.
Agree, that also needs to toggle off.

And when Donovan walks up, he has the longest name in the world so I think my pet just gained. We need to toggle him also.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had a guild mate that had this with a pet.
i recall him stating one night later that he got it fixed, i believe he was able to toggle the magic the pet already had and it ate the couple points he had left or something like that.
dosnt help with this situation i know.

what i have been doing with my pets and so far (fingers crossed) i havnt been burned with left overs is i do everything and leave the mana for last and basically i dump all my left overs into mana.

so far its worked.
if there are too many points left over for mana then i try to kill it off else where to get it low enough that the mana will kill it off when i get to it.
so put some odd number into HPR or a scroll or something.

but ya, need a "im done flush the left over points" button.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe they said they were working on it... just like so many other things...

It's the stuff they aren't working on that irritates me. Like the EC problems they claim don't exist.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree, that also needs to toggle off.

And when Donovan walks up, he has the longest name in the world so I think my pet just gained. We need to toggle him also.
You want to toggle Donovan?!

Come to think of it, there a few people I would not mind toggling myself :D.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have used the EC since closed beta, and then used Pinco's from inception until about a year and a half ago when overnight it became so laggy as to be unplayable. I have no idea what caused it, some patch or other, so long ago now, hard to remember. I know at the time others had the same problem and some said he had done a 'fix' where I redid everything again, still can't hardly move in it. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, redone the user data from scratch etc etc to no avail. So now I play default and ONLY switch to Pincos when doing two things:

1. harvesting my plants
2. finding tmap spots

I play on a samsung satellite skullcandy 15" laptop (standard everything) and as you can see by this I am obviously a super tech head :p ... .NOT.

They just need to put a toggle on the Pet Training Progress gump so you can switch it on or off.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Not exactly unplayable just the training bar is annoying in CC
The Problem in the EC Clients is that a huge window pops up which covers part of the screen - this is annoying enough when you are training the pet, but when you are fighting high-end stuff in a dangerous area this is an absolute NO-GO

We just simply need the option to "not have the window popup" and no training-msg in the chat

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Problem in the EC Clients is that a huge window pops up which covers part of the screen - this is annoying enough when you are training the pet, but when you are fighting high-end stuff in a dangerous area this is an absolute NO-GO

We just simply need the option to "not have the window popup" and no training-msg in the chat
From what I understand it is a pretty much non issue in the EC, not my area of knowledge though I would rather pull my eyeballs out than look at the EC :) CC just drag it into a corner. Did not say I like it, but it is not unplayable just annoying and I agree the pop up need to be able to be toggled on and off and the points you can't spend need a way to be dumped. I have several pets with 1-147 points that just can't be spent anywhere and either leave them in the stable and use something else or deal with it until the fix is in.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i thought i read that they were adding an option to remove the odd unused points in pub 98.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From what I understand it is a pretty much non issue in the EC, not my area of knowledge though I would rather pull my eyeballs out than look at the EC :) CC just drag it into a corner. Did not say I like it, but it is not unplayable just annoying and I agree the pop up need to be able to be toggled on and off and the points you can't spend need a way to be dumped. I have several pets with 1-147 points that just can't be spent anywhere and either leave them in the stable and use something else or deal with it until the fix is in.
It's not an issue "IF" you use Pinco's as Pinco put it in with the healthbar of the pet... However if you don't use Pinco's it's GIANT thing that pops up all the time just like in the CC.