• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Animal Lore Gump

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It requires to consider all possible starting slots (value that may vary for several pets and cannot be obtained after training), also it considers the spent training points (again it cannot be obtained and I can't know how many times you trained a pet and neither if you have trashed some points). It seems that tool has lots of specific formulas for specific pets, and I don't know if it can be generalized...
Also as said above, the pet training is a very personal choice, how can you say that a pet with all res to 80 is better than another with all res to 70 but has more skills or stats? I mean maybe you are just training a pet for a specific purpose (like a pet designed for a specific boss) and you don't care about certain stats...
So I'm unsure about the whole thing...
Hi! I developed the new pet intensity calculator linked above. I was actually going to bring it up when you were redesigning the animal lore gump, but I wasn't sure on my release date and didn't want to delay yours.

The formula is pretty generalized and can be applied to any pet. It does require some additional information to the CreaturesDB file though (base damage, slot start, slot max, innate magical abilities).

I actually branched off a version of your Animal Lore gump (before the rework) and added my rating system to it to help me gather wild pet information for testing:

It's not 100% up to date with the version I released on the website, as it doesn't include the % rating (but that is easy to add), and it doesn't detect control slots. The control slot detection should be possible to add, as its actually a formula based off of the pet intensity and its pretty accurate.

Some things that wouldn't be able to be done in the UI would be the resist thresholds (which I don't think is necessary for the UI), and there would probably be some issues with legacy pet ratings (might be able to detect if a pet is legacy based on the intensity, similar to control slots). Leftover/trashed points wouldn't be doable, but that's a small part and only relevant to the trained pet rating.

If enough people would find it useful and you wanted to add it to your new animal lore gump, I'm more than happy to work with you on all the formulas used to generate the ratings.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi! I developed the new pet intensity calculator linked above. I was actually going to bring it up when you were redesigning the animal lore gump, but I wasn't sure on my release date and didn't want to delay yours.

The formula is pretty generalized and can be applied to any pet. It does require some additional information to the CreaturesDB file though (base damage, slot start, slot max, innate magical abilities).

I actually branched off a version of your Animal Lore gump (before the rework) and added my rating system to it to help me gather wild pet information for testing:

It's not 100% up to date with the version I released on the website, as it doesn't include the % rating (but that is easy to add), and it doesn't detect control slots. The control slot detection should be possible to add, as its actually a formula based off of the pet intensity and its pretty accurate.

Some things that wouldn't be able to be done in the UI would be the resist thresholds (which I don't think is necessary for the UI), and there would probably be some issues with legacy pet ratings (might be able to detect if a pet is legacy based on the intensity, similar to control slots). Leftover/trashed points wouldn't be doable, but that's a small part and only relevant to the trained pet rating.

If enough people would find it useful and you wanted to add it to your new animal lore gump, I'm more than happy to work with you on all the formulas used to generate the ratings.
Sure, if you can share the math then it will be no problem to add it :D
Adding the data to the CSV it's fast enough now, and the abilities are already in there :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Sure, if you can share the math then it will be no problem to add it :D
Adding the data to the CSV it's fast enough now, and the abilities are already in there :)
Not to necro a thread, but where did this ever end up going?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not to necro a thread, but where did this ever end up going?
This is on me, I have to send the info over to Pinco still. I was going through the CreaturesDB file and trying to verify the spawn ranges as I added the additional fields since I noticed some incorrect entries, it just became time consuming so it ended up on hold. I should be able to get back to that and get the info over to Pinco soon.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is on me, I have to send the info over to Pinco still. I was going through the CreaturesDB file and trying to verify the spawn ranges as I added the additional fields since I noticed some incorrect entries, it just became time consuming so it ended up on hold. I should be able to get back to that and get the info over to Pinco soon.
Thanks for the update. I appreciate the work you've done, love the calculators, and the work Pinco does.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any progress on this? It would be really helpful to get this working. Thanks.