• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Animal Lore Gump

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, since this is going to be the next major rework, I'd like to start by doing some brain storming on what do you like and what you don't like about the current gump, and what kind of feature you would like to see in the gump.

I'll start by saying that with the recent discoveries I made, I can now remove the pet type combo and let the system determine what type of pet you have. Also I think I can make it a bit more compact by swapping text with symbols and by showing some info (like the min-max values) in a tooltip for example :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... I can now remove the pet type combo and let the system determine what type of pet you have. ...
Thank you!

Other than that, would it be possible to fit in the weight caps for pet training for multiple stats? ie, the total stat weight of STR/INT/DEX is 2300, etc.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Obviously number 1 pain is can't train pets unless you switch back to old gump!
Condense the window (damage and resistances take so much room for so little) , it's quite large and yea with changing text to symbols I like it!
Should probably remove Pack Insticts, only a handful of madmen bother to run some packs I guess and they know they get bonus anyway!

See where 'Special Moves' is, would be nice if the pet's main magic ability and enhance ability are shown with their skills attached (similar to searching on the skills page, but you can look at this much faster!) (red color = trained , blue color = inherit):

Magic/Combat Ability
Poisoning 100.0
Magery 117.3
Eval Int 110.0

Special Moves

Healing
Bleed

Bladeweave
Conductive Blast

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously number 1 pain is can't train pets unless you switch back to old gump!
Condense the window (damage and resistances take so much room for so little) , it's quite large and yea with changing text to symbols I like it!
Should probably remove Pack Insticts, only a handful of madmen bother to run some packs I guess and they know they get bonus anyway!

See where 'Special Moves' is, would be nice if the pet's main magic ability and enhance ability are shown with their skills attached (similar to searching on the skills page, but you can look at this much faster!) (red color = trained , blue color = inherit):

Magic/Combat Ability
Poisoning 100.0
Magery 117.3
Eval Int 110.0

Special Moves

Healing
Bleed

Bladeweave
Conductive Blast
you can train pets, just click the gump menu on the top-left corner :D

The list of abilities is something I still don't understand, much stuff listed several times, I'll have to get a better understanding of that first :)

Thank you!

Other than that, would it be possible to fit in the weight caps for pet training for multiple stats? ie, the total stat weight of STR/INT/DEX is 2300, etc.
that should be doable, I just need a better understanding of how they are calculated :D

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you can train pets, just click the gump menu on the top-left corner :D
Wow I forgot about that area (so small and hidden!), I think when introduced I played with it for a bit, there is a bit of an issue if you have fake taming skill and you kit switch stuff on and off, the option to pet train didn't exist but I ran lore without a macro and can see it now, thx!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow I forgot about that area (so small and hidden!), I think when introduced I played with it for a bit, there is a bit of an issue if you have fake taming skill and you kit switch stuff on and off, the option to pet train didn't exist but I ran lore without a macro and can see it now, thx!
that appears only if the button in the orignal gump exist :D

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
that should be doable, I just need a better understanding of how they are calculated :D
Per Animal Training – Ultima Online

Caps and Costs
Training Point Weight Caps
  • Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence: 2300
  • Hit Point, Stamina & Mana: 3300
  • Resists: 1095
  • Hit Point Regeneration: 360
  • Stamina Regeneration: 360
  • Mana Regeneration: 360
Individual Attribute Caps
  • Strength & Intelligence: 700
  • Dexterity: 150
  • Hit Points: 1100
  • Stamina: 150
  • Mana: 1500
  • Resists: 80
Interim Caps on Base Damage
Base damage per second is capped based on slot level, the maximum of 22 only being attainable when options are applied to a 4 slot pet, raising it to 5 slot. This figure is not the same as the base damage figure shown on the animal lore gump, base damage per second of 22 will show on the pet’s lore gump as base damage 24 – 33

• 1 raising to 2: 8
  • 2 raising to 3: 13
  • 3 raising to 4: 17
  • 4 raising to 5: 22
Training Weight Costs
Stats

• Strength 3.0x
    • Dexterity 0.1x
    • Intelligence 0.5x
    • Hit Points 3.0x
    • Stamina 0.5x
    • Mana 0.5x
    • Hit Point Regeneration 18.0x
    • Stamina Regeneration 12.0x
    • Mana Regeneration 12.0x
    • Base Damage Per Second 5.0x
Resists
  • All Resists 3.0x
Increased Skill Caps
  • Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy,
    Spellweaving, Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Discordance, Poisoning 0.5x
    (110 magery will use 50 training points, 115 – 75 points, 120 – 100 points)
  • Evaluate Intelligence, Spirit Speak 1.0x
  • Focus, Meditation or Resist Spells 0.1x
  • Wrestling or Tactics 1.0x
  • Anatomy, Healing or Parry 0.1x
Abilities
  • Magical Abilities 1.0x
  • Special Abilities 1.0x
  • Special Moves 1.0x
  • Area Effect Abilities 1.0x

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The list of abilities is something I still don't understand, much stuff listed several times, I'll have to get a better understanding of that first [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:)[/bcolor]
A Red ability in the lore page is an ability that has been trained onto the pet through animal training, but doesn't necessarily mean it is an "active' ability.
A non-red ability in the lore page are the pet's "active" abilities.

It would be important to still be able to see both (mainly when buying a pet), because it's possible for someone to apply multiple magical abilities, which essentially wastes training points, but only the most recent ability is active. For example:

Chivalry
Dragon Breath
Armor Ignore

Chivalry
Armor Ignore
Mysticism

This shows that the pet was trained with Mysticism first, then it was replaced with chivalry. This would be important to know, because it means they wasted 500 training points on the pet.

It's also important that not only the red abilities are shown, as you would not know which ones are the "active" abilities through the lore page.

You could probably hide the "Red" abilities in a tooltip in order to condense it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Red ability in the lore page is an ability that has been trained onto the pet through animal training, but doesn't necessarily mean it is an "active' ability.
A non-red ability in the lore page are the pet's "active" abilities.

It would be important to still be able to see both (mainly when buying a pet), because it's possible for someone to apply multiple magical abilities, which essentially wastes training points, but only the most recent ability is active. For example:

Chivalry
Dragon Breath
Armor Ignore

Chivalry
Armor Ignore
Mysticism

This shows that the pet was trained with Mysticism first, then it was replaced with chivalry. This would be important to know, because it means they wasted 500 training points on the pet.

It's also important that not only the red abilities are shown, as you would not know which ones are the "active" abilities through the lore page.

You could probably hide the "Red" abilities in a tooltip in order to condense it.
so the red stuff is basically a log of old changes no longer active... yeah, I think for that I can put a tooltip

Also there will be a slot for the pet color and the tooltip will tell you the rarity for it :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, since this is going to be the next major rework, I'd like to start by doing some brain storming on what do you like and what you don't like about the current gump, and what kind of feature you would like to see in the gump.

I'll start by saying that with the recent discoveries I made, I can now remove the pet type combo and let the system determine what type of pet you have. Also I think I can make it a bit more compact by swapping text with symbols and by showing some info (like the min-max values) in a tooltip for example :)
My biggest QoL desire is to show all skills without scrolling. I understand that it's a lot to show, but to me, being able to see skills at a glance is well worth a bigger/busier gump and/or smaller font.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My biggest QoL desire is to show all skills without scrolling. I understand that it's a lot to show, but to me, being able to see skills at a glance is well worth a bigger/busier gump and/or smaller font.
yeah that's annoying... how many skills you say a pet could have max? 10-12?
because I was thinking about hiding the skills at 0 and maybe using a smaller font size...

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah that's annoying... how many skills you say a pet could have max? 10-12?
because I was thinking about hiding the skills at 0 and maybe using a smaller font size...
I just went through my pets and the number of trained skills ranged from 8 to 11. Maybe one way to do it is to keep the scroll box, but make it big enough to display 12 skills without scrolling and to sort trained skills to the top?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went through my pets and the number of trained skills ranged from 8 to 11. Maybe one way to do it is to keep the scroll box, but make it big enough to display 12 skills without scrolling and to sort trained skills to the top?
yeah I was thinking more like a toggle for the skills at 0 so you can choose when and if to see them :)

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would re-writing the planning gup fall within the scope of this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would re-writing the planning gup fall within the scope of this?
that gump is quite complex, it can be done in the future but not with the lore rework, it would be looking for trouble doing both at the same time :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
100 more creatures that needs body ID, hue, etc.. and then I'll be a step closer to animal lore :D
Do you have a tool that reads the Body ID and Hue ID for pets/creatures, or are you pulling the info from elsewhere? I could help fill in the blanks on anything you can't easily get to, but I don't know how to get those ID's from creatures.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have a tool that reads the Body ID and Hue ID for pets/creatures, or are you pulling the info from elsewhere? I could help fill in the blanks on anything you can't easily get to, but I don't know how to get those ID's from creatures.
I found most of them around the internet, the problem will be verify them, but for that I'll have to count on peple to report when a creature is not recognized :D
Anyway to get the ids you just have to use the action to get items hue/type ID that I improved recently to work for mobiles (or read from the new item properties layout) :)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For tooltip, I'm assuming mouse over?
For posting screenshots, it would be a lot, if the tooltips were individual. Possible to show all on mouse over? May look silly I know...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For tooltip, I'm assuming mouse over?
For posting screenshots, it would be a lot, if the tooltips were individual. Possible to show all on mouse over? May look silly I know...
why posting screenshots when you can export the data in a text file? :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another long text I've noticed is the loyalty rating, so I'm thinking about using emoji to indicate the mood (and a tooltip will show the text status), what do you think about it? :D
I was thinking about using animal faces like a panda or something simple like that...

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco was thinking of things that would best describe emotions like "wondefully happy", I think the best place to start is twitch meme's xD Sorry! ;p

Tbh I don't think you can beat a simple round face with only it's mouth changing, from huge grin to super sad then finally to angry, ready to be proven wrong tho :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco was thinking of things that would best describe emotions like "wondefully happy", I think the best place to start is twitch meme's xD Sorry! ;p

Tbh I don't think you can beat a simple round face with only it's mouth changing, from huge grin to super sad then finally to angry, ready to be proven wrong tho :)
lol
yeah, the face has to be very simple otherwise it will be complicated to understand, stuff like: Panda Face Emoji for Facebook, Email & SMS | ID#: 7404 | Emoji.co.uk where it looks like a panda but the only difference between that and a simple round face are the ears :D

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm a man...but i'm getting easily swayed by these panda's xD
If it suits the style of the gump I can't imagine any complaints...man give me a status button I want a modern art panda looking at me at all times!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a man...but i'm getting easily swayed by these panda's xD
If it suits the style of the gump I can't imagine any complaints...man give me a status button I want a modern art panda looking at me at all times!
given the size of the image (32x32), the panda won't be easy to understand :(
So I went to the plain faces with colors that goes from green (wonderfully happy) to red (wild), so the mix of colors and faces should be easy enough to understand :D

You might be onto something with that idea... it could be possible to add a portraits list for your character status instead of the paperdoll, so you can do the same thing of games like baldur's gate, neverwinter nights, etc... :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone knows if there is a list of all the tamables default special attacks (examle: dragon: fire breath)? otherwise it will be a nightmare to get them all manually....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems there is going to be a problem with the auto-detection of the pet type... while it works for most of the pets, there are few troubles in detecting greater dragon vs dragon and lesser hiryu vs hiryu. Those pets has the same body ID and colors, and I can't find a value that will make them easy to recognize when trained. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to recognize the pet otherwise I'll put a context menu to change the pet type manually...

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It seems there is going to be a problem with the auto-detection of the pet type... while it works for most of the pets, there are few troubles in detecting greater dragon vs dragon and lesser hiryu vs hiryu. Those pets has the same body ID and colors, and I can't find a value that will make them easy to recognize when trained. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to recognize the pet otherwise I'll put a context menu to change the pet type manually...
Dragons will have overcapped STR (~796 to 825). Greater Dragons will never have more than 700 STR (after half-stat on tame), so you could do a check against STR value for those, anything with 796+ STR would be a Dragon. This should be safe from false positives from Bless as well, since a full eval bless on 700 STR will be 791, so still under the spawn range on Dragons. It wouldn't work for auto-id on a non-tamed Greater Dragon, but maybe you could check the name first, then Body Type/Str.

For Hiryu vs Lesser Hiryu, the only color they share is the default color, so checking for the hue id would be a good way to determine the difference between most of them. For determining the difference between a hue 0 Lesser and Normal, nothing comes to mind at the moment. They both start with the same abilities and can train the same. I'll think about it and let you know if I come up with anything for Hiryus.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragons will have overcapped STR (~796 to 825). Greater Dragons will never have more than 700 STR (after half-stat on tame), so you could do a check against STR value for those, anything with 796+ STR would be a Dragon. This should be safe from false positives from Bless as well, since a full eval bless on 700 STR will be 791, so still under the spawn range on Dragons. It wouldn't work for auto-id on a non-tamed Greater Dragon, but maybe you could check the name first, then Body Type/Str.

For Hiryu vs Lesser Hiryu, the only color they share is the default color, so checking for the hue id would be a good way to determine the difference between most of them. For determining the difference between a hue 0 Lesser and Normal, nothing comes to mind at the moment. They both start with the same abilities and can train the same. I'll think about it and let you know if I come up with anything for Hiryus.
yeah, wild animals are no problem, for those it's easy, the real trouble is for trained pet... at least one of those can be fixed, thanks :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, in the end the problem of recognizing the type will be only for hiryu and boura. The others will be fine, assuming that I got all the correct body types and colors :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here it is the first part of the animal lore gump: the stats.

the color square also provide the % chance of each possible color if you put the mouse over it :)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here it is the first part of the animal lore gump: the stats.

the color square also provide the % chance of each possible color if you put the mouse over it :)
Looks great. What does the circular arrow with zero in the middle mean?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And with this all the stats (outside training) should be done:

Now I have to handle the training stuff :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've checked out the training data and I don't see a way to reverse-engeneer the original stats of the pet (if I'm missing something let me know), what stats have been changed and how is noowhere to be found in the gump.

So, at this point I think it would be best to create an evaluation system that uses as cap the maximum trained values instead of the basic one.
For wild pet the evaluation will be the old one, it rates the pet based on the stat it has between min and max that it can possibly have as wild. For tamed pet it will rate the pet based on the stat it has between the min possible for the creature and the max possible you can train them, if the stat goes beyond the trainable value it will consider the wild cap instead.
Probably there are few more things to consider on trained pets in order to have a decent rate (especially for small pets)...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good luck with that... I wouldn't bother trying to evaluate trained pets. That's just way too subjective.

And since pet slot jumps are still a thing, it may not even be worth it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck with that... I wouldn't bother trying to evaluate trained pets. That's just way too subjective.

And since pet slot jumps are still a thing, it may not even be worth it.
well, then I'll just disable the rating on tamed pets and the problem is solved :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, the rating system is done too, in addition to what it used to do, the rating now considers str, dex and int individually and if the they are less than 125, it uses 125 (like the pet power calculator does). As said in the previous post, the rating will be disabled on tamed pets.

Now, I have to take care of the logs and the final data of the trianing.
So other than the original specials highlighted in blue and the weight, is there anything else that you might need to see? Also, do you need anything special in the pet log?

Oh by the way, the pet logs will no longer be automatically saved, there will be a button to save it manually (so you can save only the one you need).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here it is an example of the log that will be generated:
------------------------------------
Name: a goat
Type: goat
Body ID: 209
Hue ID: 0
Loyalty Rating: Extremely Happy
Barding Difficulty: 104.5
Animal Taming: 74.0
Pet Slots: 3 => 3
Preferred Foods: Fruits and Vegetables ... and Shoes!
Pack Instincts: None
---------STATS---------
Strength: 700 (20)
Intelligence: 21 (5)
Dexterity: 150 (15)
Hit Points: 211 (15)
Mana: 1,210 (0)
Stamina: 150 (15)
---------DAMAGE---------
Base Damage: 14 - 19
Physical Damage: 100%
Fire Damage: 0%
Cold Damage: 0%
Poison Damage: 0%
Energy Damage: 0%
---------RESISTANCES---------
Physical Resist: 5 (15)
Fire Resist: 0 (0)
Cold Resist: 0 (0)
Poison Resist: 0 (0)
Energy Resist: 0 (0)
Total Resistances: 5 / 15
---------SKILLS---------
Anatomy: 6.3 / 100 (100)
Bushido: ---
Chivalry: ---
Detecting Hidden: ---
Discordance: ---
Eval Intelligence: ---
Focus: 68.5 / 100
Healing: ---
Hiding: ---
Magery: ---
Meditation: 58.1 / 100 (100)
Mysticism: ---
Necromancy: ---
Ninjitsu: ---
Parrying: ---
Poisoning: ---
Resisting Spells: 4.5 / 100 (100)
Spellweaving: ---
Spirit Speak: ---
Tactics: 9.2 / 100 (100)
Wrestling: 8.4 / 120 (100)
---------SPECIAL ABILITIES---------
Searing Wounds
Force of Nature
---------PET ADVANCEMENTS---------
Wrestling 120
Searing Wounds
Force of Nature

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was testing the special abilities, but something doesn't add up... The guide says:
You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:
but I was able to add 4 abilities... so the cap is 3? 4? maybe more? :D

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was testing the special abilities, but something doesn't add up... The guide says:

but I was able to add 4 abilities... so the cap is 3? 4? maybe more? :D
I think the cap is either buggy or, more likely, devs messed with it on a per pet basis. Here's an Osseyn Ram with 7 unique abilities:
upload_2018-7-22_23-44-57.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final step: highlights.

Do you have any request about it?
At the moment every stat (stat inside the creatures DB), will be highlighted based on how bad that stat is compared to the minimum and maximum spawn value. You will be able to change the percentage values on the user settings.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now I'm gonna go big on asking for things.

Pet Intensity Calculator (Enhanced Rating System)

Thoughts on being able to integrate it?
It requires to consider all possible starting slots (value that may vary for several pets and cannot be obtained after training), also it considers the spent training points (again it cannot be obtained and I can't know how many times you trained a pet and neither if you have trashed some points). It seems that tool has lots of specific formulas for specific pets, and I don't know if it can be generalized...
Also as said above, the pet training is a very personal choice, how can you say that a pet with all res to 80 is better than another with all res to 70 but has more skills or stats? I mean maybe you are just training a pet for a specific purpose (like a pet designed for a specific boss) and you don't care about certain stats...
So I'm unsure about the whole thing...