• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Needing input on template against uev in shame

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am finally, after 9 years, deciding to make a bard! I plan to assist my brother in shame when hunting energy vortexes. I can not decide on a archer bard or thrower bard. How much of a difference is real skill vs non real for music, disco, peace?

120 music
120 disco
100 peace ( ill use jewels to get 120)
100 archery or 100 throwing ( ill use hunters headress or jewels if using throwing)
120 tactics
100 necro or bush?
60 chiv ( use jewels to get to 80)

What's better using necro for life leach or using honor from bush? My brothers char is a samphire who will be taking the damage, I'll be using disco and despair or tribulation (what's better ?). I'll be getting mana from my weapon.

Should I change peace out for something else?

Seeking input, any info is appreciated.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I can help you with is letting you know that if using the bard masteries you want real skill for the maximum effect.
So use jewels for the tactics, necro or bush instead of a bard skill if you want to go with that template you posted.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Only one person can honor a foe. I would assume you'll let the sampire honor. So I would not put bush on your template but instead use the skill points for wraith form.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only one person can honor a foe. I would assume you'll let the sampire honor. So I would not put bush on your template but instead use the skill points for wraith form.
I'll use necro instead of bush and go with real skill for the bard, i might even drop necro real low to go into necro form since vamp form is not really needed. i might even add hiding if i can fit it.

Anyone have a preference between archery and throwing? Pros and cons?

If archery what's a better race for a bard? A elf due to the mana increase?

My goal is for my bro and I to whack a uev in about 2 minutes to 3 minutes.

Thx

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll use necro instead of bush and go with real skill for the bard, i might even drop necro real low to go into necro form since vamp form is not really needed. i might even add hiding if i can fit it.

Anyone have a preference between archery and throwing? Pros and cons?

If archery what's a better race for a bard? A elf due to the mana increase?

My goal is for my bro and I to whack a uev in about 2 minutes to 3 minutes.

Thx
If you can keep up the mana cost use both.

Tribulation provides a damage bonus based on the damage you're doing. I think you are at about 35% with your current templates skill set if they are true skill. If you use a valid slayer instrument, that will bump that up to 52%.

Despair is a normal flat damage type you should be doing about 60 damage base, 120 if you're using a slayer instrument. (Remember to select the correct damage type.)

Depending on how hard you or your friend are hitting, would determine which ability is better. If you were armor ignoring for 150, tribulation would give you 75 extra on a tick.

Despair on the other hand targeting the lowest resist would deal 42-47 per tick.

Both would lower the EV's damage output. Despair lowers strength, and Tribulation lowers hit chance.

Tribulation uses less mana however, so I would guess you'd be better off with that, it works best when you are already dealing alot of damage.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can keep up the mana cost use both.

Tribulation provides a damage bonus based on the damage you're doing. I think you are at about 35% with your current templates skill set if they are true skill. If you use a valid slayer instrument, that will bump that up to 52%.

Despair is a normal flat damage type you should be doing about 60 damage base, 120 if you're using a slayer instrument. (Remember to select the correct damage type.)

Depending on how hard you or your friend are hitting, would determine which ability is better. If you were armor ignoring for 150, tribulation would give you 75 extra on a tick.

Despair on the other hand targeting the lowest resist would deal 42-47 per tick.

Both would lower the EV's damage output. Despair lowers strength, and Tribulation lowers hit chance.

Tribulation uses less mana however, so I would guess you'd be better off with that, it works best when you are already dealing alot of damage.
thanks! this was extremely useful! I like that tribulation lowers HCI; i think this will be useful against them

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for those number folks:
Starting at 90 and 13 hours later I am now 111.6 disco. Gains have been really slow since like 110. I got GM Med and using NPC instruments.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what kind of bow shoud i use?
composite?
Air elemental slayer, mana leech, swing speed, DI, and what else? hit lower attack? or HCI?

any info be appreciated

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it would be air elemental slayer. (someone else can confirm hopefully).
Composite bow with leeches, hld and no hit spells.

Combine that with a slayer instrument as well to get the bump to the tribulation damage as well.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Curiously, what are the odds that this template would be able to solo a UEV? I have a mystic/bard [who is unable to solo UEVs] and an ABC archer [also unable to solo] and wondered if maybe I attempted a Discord/Archer that it would be more powerful.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with the proper slayer, a full bard will do up to 180 pre resist damage with despair. 3x bard (144) , 2x bard (108). So thats 54-90 damage/sec pre-resist depending on your bard skills. Pre-disco that would take you 14- 21mins using despair alone. If you add summons or spells you could improve on those times. If you were capable of stacking tirbulation and despair you could probably shave that time to 9-17 mins.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between my brothers sampire, and my archer bard we knock the uevs in 2 minutes 30 seconds on average. I use tribulation. I use a composite bow with mana leech, hld, di, Di, ssi. Template is a blast to play! I ended up with
100 archery
100 hiding
90 tactics
120 music
120 disco
120 peace
70 chiv

I'm using hunters headress to get 120 archery. I have not tried to solo a uev yet. I am sure if you disco it, it shouldn't be to bad.