• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Needing help with mystic spells

T

tarugobr

hello

im thinking about training mystic in my character
and i just read somethings about the spells, but i still have doubts

i was reading uoguide ( Spell Plague - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia )
i didnt understand how are the spell plague damages against players
its like theres a first damage when you target the spell, and also 3 explosions if the victim casts a harmful spell before the curse expires (8 seconds timer)

but how big are those explosions?

and what about purge magic? how doest it works

could anyone answer this to me please

thank you

C

Cloak&Dagger

hello

im thinking about training mystic in my character
and i just read somethings about the spells, but i still have doubts

i was reading uoguide ( Spell Plague - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia )
i didnt understand how are the spell plague damages against players
its like theres a first damage when you target the spell, and also 3 explosions if the victim casts a harmful spell before the curse expires (8 seconds timer)

but how big are those explosions?

and what about purge magic? how doest it works

could anyone answer this to me please

thank you
Damage is decent, and it is when you cast harmful spells on them, so you would have to cast spell plague and then something else, like nether bolt or eagle strike, for the explosions to happen.

What is your confusion about purge magic? It removes one buff from the target player at random, its success is based on your mystic/focus or imbuing skill vs the players resisting spells. If successful you must wait a little bit before casting it again, if the player does not have any buffs it does some damage instead.

T

tarugobr

Cloak‡1896134 said:
Damage is decent, and it is when you cast harmful spells on them, so you would have to cast spell plague and then something else, like nether bolt or eagle strike, for the explosions to happen.

What is your confusion about purge magic? It removes one buff from the target player at random, its success is based on your mystic/focus or imbuing skill vs the players resisting spells. If successful you must wait a little bit before casting it again, if the player does not have any buffs it does some damage instead.

i think its the opposite
if you curse someone with spellplague and HE attacks you with harmful spells, he may explode
isnt it like what i said? :confused:

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They have messed with spell plauge a lot since it came out.

The way spell plauge works right now is that it does damage when it hits the target, then it will have 3 'backlashs' of damage based on damage you do while it is active. It is scaled on resist spells, so a target with low resist spells will take more damage, more often from spell plauge, vs somethign with high resist taking less damage less often. The best way to get spell plauge to work is to do a little bit of damage fast while it's active. As the guy above me said, netherbolt eaglestrikes are a good way go, harm,magic arrow,lighting bolts and fireballs are also good ways to trigger the spell plauge. You just want to do damage while spell plauge is active, a common misconception of mages is that you want to do huge damage spells to win, but often little bits of damage quickly is better, and that is where spell plauge is good.

The original spell plauge was an area effect (similar to wither) that caused damage when the person cursed did damage to you. Since then it has been tweaked and changed to what it is now, uo often doesn't update there material in game to work with the changes they have applied.

C

Cloak&Dagger

The original spell plauge was an area effect (similar to wither) that caused damage when the person cursed did damage to you. Since then it has been tweaked and changed to what it is now, uo often doesn't update there material in game to work with the changes they have applied.
I don't recall it ever working like that, even in beta....And the link he was reading was from UOGuide, which has nothing to do with uo updating anything....and how it reads is exactly how it works.

T

tarugobr

They have messed with spell plauge a lot since it came out.

The way spell plauge works right now is that it does damage when it hits the target, then it will have 3 'backlashs' of damage based on damage you do while it is active. It is scaled on resist spells, so a target with low resist spells will take more damage, more often from spell plauge, vs somethign with high resist taking less damage less often. The best way to get spell plauge to work is to do a little bit of damage fast while it's active. As the guy above me said, netherbolt eaglestrikes are a good way go, harm,magic arrow,lighting bolts and fireballs are also good ways to trigger the spell plauge. You just want to do damage while spell plauge is active, a common misconception of mages is that you want to do huge damage spells to win, but often little bits of damage quickly is better, and that is where spell plauge is good.

thank you
your explanation was helpful
but how would be the explosion damages?
like magic arrow/fireball/explosion damages?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Cloak‡1896285 said:
I don't recall it ever working like that, even in beta....And the link he was reading was from UOGuide, which has nothing to do with uo updating anything....and how it reads is exactly how it works.
It did in beta, it was an area spell you could target the ground and it'd hit things within 2 tiles, then when they hit you they got normal 7th circle damage.

C

Cloak&Dagger

It did in beta, it was an area spell you could target the ground and it'd hit things within 2 tiles, then when they hit you they got normal 7th circle damage.
I don't recall, but I wont argue if it did or not. =D