• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need UOAM?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded the zip file which checks o.k. Anyone have any problems after installing it?

What can I say but that I've learned to be wary over the years.

The last electronic social disease this contraption caught last fall required the harddrive to be low-level formatted since regular formatting and f-disking were blocked on it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three days and no responses.

Guess I do the deed and hope for the best.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a month and no unpleasant surprises. Only quirk has been the Haven map info is outdated. The map and land doesn't match.

UOAM is nice to have again. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you look around on the net, there is a hexedit to fix the Valoria Island (Haven/New Haven) issues, but we've not had an official ruling on whether that constitutes violating the terms for using a UOPro application. The devs didn't seem to have an issue with similar edits back when it had to be done for Heartwood, but this is a bit more substantial.

So, if you do find it, it is up to you to decide whether to risk it as a potential violation.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look around on the net, there is a hexedit to fix the Valoria Island (Haven/New Haven) issues, but we've not had an official ruling on whether that constitutes violating the terms for using a UOPro application. The devs didn't seem to have an issue with similar edits back when it had to be done for Heartwood, but this is a bit more substantial.

So, if you do find it, it is up to you to decide whether to risk it as a potential violation.

I'll pass. <chuckle> :) I'm only there to drop off runes for my Orange Petal shop and the road is right by the moongate. It'd be hardly worth taking the risk. Particularly with the chance of my account being monitored due to these posts. ;)

Since the new players might like to have UOAM work for New Haven. The current data being offically approved, and better yet officially provided, would be a good thing.

Get the one with the say-so to make it happen thinking about it. :)

M

mustafa

download and then start map then it will ask if u want to update say no and bypass it then wham uo map

N

nukeman8

I take it UOAM has problems with vista 64bit? as i have UOAM installed and it wont run its always saying i havent fully downloaded it but i have, very strange

L

Lord Drakelord

I use it for my t hunter, when ask to update maps cancel the requests.

Baron Harkonnen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to download a working version of UOAM?

I have been to the site, and tried to download. The loader says there are 6 files to upload, but no matter how many times I try, it will only load 2 of the 6 files.

Any options or advice?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
MY advice would be to pass on UOAM entirely, and install UO Cartographer.

Any existing map files you have fore UOAM work fine, no conversion needed, in UO Cartographer.