• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Need Spellweaving Template Advice

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I need advice to create a character for non PvP. What templates are being used that include SW? Other than PvM, are there other uses in the game for the SW skill?

Thanks, Katrena

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My favorite pvm spellweaving template is my tamer. It has flaws but works great for what I use it for.
120lore
120 tame
120spellweaving
115mage
120eval
40 necro
100(+) med

I use some skill items to bring the skills up to where they are, example is the +5 tame +5 lore talismen.

This is mostly used for lady mel, spawning and such. The 40 necro allows me to keep mana vs high mana creatures while Word of Deathing via wraith form. Lady Mel has a lot of mana for example so I can cast WoD with a full mana bar until she dies, which is very nice since you run out of mana quickly in that situation.

Not having vet can be a pain, I have to cast magery heals and use Gift Of Renewel often to keep pets alive, but with spellweaving you get a lot of ways to counter not having vet. Gift of life allows a res on your pet if it should die, and arcane empowerment allows for huge healing potential as it increases how much you heal. I should go to 120 magery for maximum healing but the scroll has eluded me for quite some time.

It is a differnt style of tamer then most, I do not sit back and watch very often. I lore the monster find its weakness and then cast while my pet tanks. I generally use a greater dragon due to the higher hit points, but a rideable pet is nice also, if it gets damaged badly hop on it and run away to a safe spot to heal it. My suit is high in spell damage increase and I use slayer books for maximum damage output. This lets me counter the no vet and lets me kill things very quickly.

For pvp spellweaving has a lot of uses also. GoR, Attunment, GoL, are great for defense, while Thunderstorm, and Essence of Wind are crippling in large battles. Pixies provide a nasty disruption summon, and you can use Dryad Allure to tame certain creatures to fight for you.

The biggest thing with spellweaving is getting an arcane focus, without it the spellweaving skill seems very bad, but with a level 6 arcane focus (max available) it is very very strong.