• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need some opinions

silmwarensurion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im a loot farmer and thinking about adjusting a few things about my bard character.
Im planning to add disco on peace tamer.
Im doing it to speed up the time it takes to kill a monster. I mostly do high end monsters; unbound EVs paragons, crazed mages, and so on and so on...

Tame 115: 85tame+30jewelry
vet 85 for pet heal, cure ,res
lore 100
music 120
peace 120
disc 120
mag 90 for healing myself, and to heal pet at a distance if required; and recall.

To me it seems ok. Or am I overlooking something?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is decent but you can build a suit which can greatly enhance your skillset and let you maximize your tamer abilities. I have a peace/disco/tamer setup that works pretty well (I copied and pasted this from my response to another thread)

Right now my build is peace/disco/tamer but my tactics are primarily as a disco/tamer.

I can handle most of the places I go into with disco and a GD and I have peace on the template for when things go to hell and I need some focused crowd control.

My skills end up being:
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Disco
120 Animal Taming (+10 on ring)
120 Animal Lore (+10 on ring)
100 Magery (with +15 from Tome of Lost Knowledge, +10 ring and +10 bracelet)
102 Vet (+14 ring and +13 bracelet)

I have 40 LMC and 16 MR to help maintain the masteries. I tend to switch between bard masteries depending on what i'm doing. The rest of my suit is all 70 resists 105% LRC and with 775 luck, which I can boost up around 1600 if I am willing to sacrifice some of my mana regen (usually just farming loot in shame). I also have a couple of STR mods imbued (to help with what I can carry, i'm an elf) and int bonus/MI. Not a really high end suit, it just kind of came together over time but rounds a fairly effective template.

I have been toying with the idea of stoning peace and trying out this template with provoke I just haven't done it yet. I have been fairly content as is.

I should also mention that I cannot maintain both bardsongs indefinitely without meditation but with my LMC and MR I can have one song going all of the time and can run both for about 4-5 minutes at a time. I've also been toying with the idea of giving up some magery for med but the limitations with the bardsongs hasn't really bothered me all that much.

This setup worked great for me in most of the popular loot gathering places. To go along with the discussion in the other thread I have stoned peace and am actively working up provo to 120 to see how effective that will be. I think the provo bardsongs will up the damage output of a GD greatly.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gone the Disco/Provo Tamer rather than peace. Its a bit difficult without the AoE Peace bombs but I use the invis spell instead. I run the provo masteries for the increased damage.
It helps a little, but the survivability is a bit more difficult.