• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Need house advice!

D

Dannyboy

Hi I am a returning player to uo, I was quite lucky that I was able to place a house quite quickly In Umbra, pretty much by the road and quite close to the town. It's a 12 by 12 I think.

However I came across another spot recently and quickly plonked down a new one so I could give one too a friend. The new one is smaller but it's In Moonglow and next to the sea =] Its pretty small but I just banged it down before anyone else came along.

Which one am I best keeping and is worth more?

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well - my personal decision would be made quickly - i never liked Malas much, though i once owned the Guildhall for our Miner/Crafters Guild looooong time ago. So i would go for the Moonglow one - esp. since a) Moonglow is a very nice place to be and b) a Seaside-Plot might be handy with the new High-Seas-Boost for UO :)

Possible Arguments against the Moonglow one might be:

- do you have/collect a lot of items and need the Storage?
- do you plan to set up Vendors/build a Shop?

If you are into RPing, then maybe even a totally different location might be of interest,
like near the RP-communities like around Yew, Trinsic, Cove or Vesper e.g.

I still own a fairly big plot near Trinsic directly at the Bay between Trinsic and the
Swamp ;-)

D

Dannyboy

Thank you for the input =] So I guess it's personal preference? The moonglow one is a little smaller but it's really nice as there is only like one other player house anywhere near by so I think I will go for that.

Thanks for the input!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a plot on the Southern Tip of Moonglow and it's fantastic for getting to and from the Floating Emporium. That's the one I'd keep. *smile*

D

Dannyboy

Thanks Mapper, you guys have swayed me. It's so nice too not to be surrounded by other player housing =] Thanks for your time everyone!